Foxtrot WoW
Another WoW related Foxtrot today. I laughed hard at this one. The "/drool" comment was a particularly nice touch.

http://www.gocomics.com/foxtrot/2006/06/09/
Does everyone in the world stick their tounge up whenever they feel the slightest bit clever, or does it just happen in Foxtrot? Yeah that's been bugging me for a few days now. . .

WoW humor never gets old though.:)
Just close your eyes and you won't see it.
Quote:Does everyone in the world stick their tounge up whenever they feel the slightest bit clever, or does it just happen in Foxtrot? Yeah that's been bugging me for a few days now. . .

WoW humor never gets old though.:)

You mean, stick their tongue out? It's a common character facial expression Bill Amend uses along with the bulging pursed lips. I think the tongue is used mostly when the person is thinking hard -- as in the person is thinking so hard they're not thinking about what they look like.
Yeah, they stick it out and up. Not just thinking hard, but whenever they think at all, from what I can tell. I'm looking at a strip where the mother of the family sticks her tongue out while paying the older son for cutting the grass! It can't be that hard to think of the five bucks you'd already agreed on,that you're already holding in your hand. . .

And here's the father, showing off his old swimming trunks that he's amazed still fits - tongue goes out.

The point is, Amend overuses it a lot.
Just close your eyes and you won't see it.
Quote:The point is, Amend overuses it a lot.

I don't know why, but it's funny. Since Foxtrot is the Greatest Comic Strip Ever, I trust that Amend knows what he's doing.
Quote:Does everyone in the world stick their tounge up whenever they feel the slightest bit clever, or does it just happen in Foxtrot? Yeah that's been bugging me for a few days now. . .

My mother has a picture of me, when I was younger, on Christmas Day. I had received a transformer that morning as one of my gifts. I was transforming it, or assembling it or something... and there I was in my blond hair slightly messed up, profile shot with tongue.

Everytime I see that picture, I think of the Foxtrot comic, because on that morning I was Jason incarnate.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote: Since Foxtrot is the Greatest Comic Strip Ever,

Incorrect (YOU KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN, IT'S THE INTERNET).
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quote:Incorrect (YOU KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN, IT'S THE INTERNET).

You're saying that the Penny Arcade is the Greatest Comic Strip Ever? *Looks around.* OK... *shrug*

Not so much. But it is better than Foxtrot.
Quote:You're saying that the Penny Arcade is the Greatest Comic Strip Ever? *Looks around.* OK... *shrug*

Calvin and Hobbes

I don't think I need to say anymore. :)

Of course trying to win an opinion war.... :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
OMG agreeing with Rinnhart.

I don't know about greatest ever, but certainly better then Fox Trot. There was a great one I don't feel like searching for right now about the levels of developer hell. The middle level was to be devoured by your "Fans".
Quote:OMG agreeing with Rinnhart.

I don't know about greatest ever, but certainly better then Fox Trot. There was a great one I don't feel like searching for right now about the levels of developer hell. The middle level was to be devoured by your "Fans".
[Image: 20060501.jpg]
Quote:Calvin and Hobbes

Can't argue with that answer. As a daily newspaper reader (and one of comics, of course :P), I was shocked when The Boston Globe decided to bring back Calvin and Hobbes, only to dump it about 6 months later for The Amazing Spiderman. Needless to say, it was a terrible day for all of us.

One comic I've been enjoying a lot recently is Pearls Before Swine. It's definitely a strip worth reading (whose characters have "guest" appeared in Foxtrot and other strips).

Cheers,

Munk