HellGate Source code stolen?
I wonder if this means I am going to have to buy a new PC the way I did for Half-life 2?

http://www.passthepress.com/?p=557
Rumors as of right now, but we'll see what happens.

Personally, I am looking forward to the release of this game and something like this will probably affect the "when it's done" release date no matter what happens. At least I can still look forward to Spore coming out next year.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Quote:Personally, I am looking forward to the release of this game and something like this will probably affect the "when it's done" release date no matter what happens. At least I can still look forward to Spore coming out next year.

Ugh, don't mention Spore. I graduate in the Spring from BU. Spore is one of those games that makes me seriously contemplate becoming a bum and living in my parents basement so I can play it all day. Thankfully student loans won't let me do it! :P

Joking aside, Spore certainly looks incredible. Although I won't actually find anywhere close to the same amount of time I dedicated to D2, it looks like it may have the same staying power - a game I'll still boot up and play 5 years after the release. I'm hoping I'm right about that prediction.

As Flagship Studios, the Blizzard standard of "when it's done" carrying over is refreshing. Even if it takes until 2010 before I can zap my first baddy in post apocolyptic London, I know it'll be worth the wait.

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:I wonder if this means I am going to have to buy a new PC the way I did for Half-life 2?

http://www.passthepress.com/?p=557

I'm curious. What does stolen game source code have to do with your future computer purchases? Your comment plus the link don't seem to go together very well in context. It's confusing.

If this pushes the release date of Hellgate back even just one day I'll be angry enough to yell at something:angry: I'M LOOKING AT YOU, WALL!
I think I'll wait for a more reliable news source to say something before giving it a second thought. A barely 3 paragraph article, using phrases like "back in the day" and referring to Bill Roper as "the Flagship head cheese" doesn't really portray journalistic competence; it looks more like a tabloid article than anything else.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Quote:As Flagship Studios, the Blizzard standard of "when it's done" carrying over is refreshing. Even if it takes until 2010 before I can zap my first baddy in post apocolyptic London, I know it'll be worth the wait.

Hopefully the environment gets a bit more interesting/colourful until then. Wouldn't expect it before second half of 2007 anyway.