New Bugs and Failed Fixes in 1.11
What have you seen?

Seen personally:
Quote:- Logging back in after a disconnect from the server has been greatly
improved, and players should now rarely receive the message "A
character with that name already exists."
Yeah, I only didn't "recieve" the message because it flickered on my screen for about a quarter of a second before it sent me back to the character screen.

From the Bug Forums (anything after ... is a blue response):
Quote: Doing BWL now... after we killed Razor, we got spammed You Are now Saved To This Instance about 3 times. Now, clearing hte goblins by Vael, we get it every single time we kill something.

Any ideas?

This is a known issue and will be fixed in a future patch. I'll update Seismics sticky. Thanks for the report.
Yay, spam time!

Quote: so, apparently when we now use kidney shot(havent tested any other finisher move) we loose all of our Combo Points. anyone else confirm if when we miss/get parried we lose combo points on any of our finishers?
Quote: Confirmed, rogue poisons do not stay on weapons when zoning.

Thanks Blizz
Hi Zushiba,

We're aware of this issue and we're looking into it now.

It was working on the Public Test Realm, so we didn't just put it into the patch notes to tease you.;)
*Sigh* more fodder to make the Rogue "review" look good, comparatively.

Quote: Skeram: Splits appear right on top of real copy instead of platforms
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Skeram: Splits appear right on top of real copy instead of platforms

I can verify that this is only partially true. It's actually that it's completely random where the splits appear. The three copies can appear all on top of one another or split up, depending on the luck of the draw. Our raid managed to kill him, but it was definitely a tough fight when all three copies appeared in one spot for one of the splits.
Bug forum post:

Quote: Here is the patch note:

"Bloodfang Set Bonus: The damage effect from the 8-piece bonus on this set will no longer trigger on (and break) Gouge."

Here is a screenshot from the 2nd mob I killed when I logged in today:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2731/bl...roc2js.jpg

As soon as gouge was applied it faded right away when BF proc went off. So much for this being fixed...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Crypt fiend bug bug:
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image...ath5zb.jpg

Apparenty they are spawning way more of the scarab thingys then they should. The things that follow you around. This guy got owned by one and It seemed they were doing a lot more damage than normal in the strat dead run we were on last-night, but I have not personally confirmed it.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I can't get a good view from work on whether or not Rogues are in fact losing combo points on missed/parried/dodged finishing moves. Some are saying it doesn't happen all the time, some are saying it doesn't happen at all. They are, however, having Relentless Strikes proc on them whether they hit or miss. Also, the sound effects always play as if they hit. That'll mess me up, I use the sound to tell if my KS connected or not :/
Bluur's starting his great Rogue Bug List again.

Quote:Crypt fiend bug bug: ...

Hotfixed!

Edit: you stupid software, that 2nd part was supposed to be a reply to Concillian!
We ran into a strange bug with Viscidus. Due to some server lag spikes, we lost a lot of people during the fight and ended up wiping at 1%. (It was so disheartening to see him freeze up but not have enough people to hit him and cause him to shatter). We set up for the second attempt and this time, Viscidus had the same size hit box he had when he was a tiny 1% health blob, so our tank had to tank him way inside the blob, and our dps classes had to stand much closer to be in range of hitting him. Right as he froze up, our main tank got hit by a poison clound, and the only way to shatter Viscidus was to get right in the middle of him where the poison cloud was. We lost a lot of people to that. Shattering him seemed to reset his hit box, though. We would have tried again, but we had to give up for the evening when the server finally crashed out for good.
A very strange bug is happening right now, that the /raidinfo window opens up at the oddest moments (right when I want to heal someone for instance...) And it does not stop! I opens up on its own will and at the most inopportune moments...
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:A very strange bug is happening right now, that the /raidinfo window opens up at the oddest moments (right when I want to heal someone for instance...) And it does not stop! I opens up on its own will and at the most inopportune moments...

This plagued about half our raid last night, and we couldn't determine the common factors that were causing it.

Didn't happen to me but several folks were suffering with it.
Tseric posted that QA's looking into it. In the meantime, here's a workaround:

Quote: make a macro with this:

Code:
/script local i; for i=1, 7 do getglobal("ChatFrame"..i): UnregisterEvent("UPDATE_INSTANCE_INFO");end

put it on a button on your toolbar, click the button. just copy that line exactly, you can Ctrl-V it into the macro window in the game. should fix the "you are now saved" spam also.

thanks to HNB (protected, lol). I didn't come up with this fix, I'm merely the messenger.

I believe the way the game works it'll require you to do this upon every load (hence him telling you to put it in a macro).
Odd, my poisons were holding through zoning last night -- hotfixed?
Quote:Odd, my poisons were holding through zoning last night -- hotfixed?

For some people it worked from the beginning. It worked for me last night, too. Either it's some wierd server-based issue or it's been fixed. If it has been fixed, it would be real nice for Blizzard to confirm the fix since, you know, they confirmed the bug.

Just like they never mentioned when they fixed Blade Flurry ...
2/2 Improved Charge is giving +12 rage on a charge instead of +6 rage.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
C'Thun is bugged all to heck. We tried him last night and when people got swallowed into the stomach, the teleport pad wouldn't let them get out and when we killed the two tentacles, C'Thun did not go vulnerable. Other people on the forums are reporting this. Some have managed to kill him fine, others not. Supposedly, you can reset the instance by leaving for a while and then coming back and possibly reset the bugged C'Thun. But we tried this (we left for an hour), and we still got a bugged C'Thun. We're going to go back tonight.

Edit: I notice on the Elitist Jerks forum that some are saying that C'Thun bugs up if you kill Ouro first. I don't know what that would have to do with anything, but you never know.
Quote:C'Thun is bugged all to heck. We tried him last night and when people got swallowed into the stomach, the teleport pad wouldn't let them get out and when we killed the two tentacles, C'Thun did not go vulnerable. Other people on the forums are reporting this. Some have managed to kill him fine, others not. Supposedly, you can reset the instance by leaving for a while and then coming back and possibly reset the bugged C'Thun. But we tried this (we left for an hour), and we still got a bugged C'Thun. We're going to go back tonight.

Edit: I notice on the Elitist Jerks forum that some are saying that C'Thun bugs up if you kill Ouro first. I don't know what that would have to do with anything, but you never know.

All three back half AQ40 bosses had bugs introduced. In addition to the above, C'thun now pulses you into combat much quicker, dismounting you and making it essentially a matter of luck as to how many peope you engage him with. Ouro can now randomly reset and teleport people to C'thun's stomach, and the Twin Emperors' grace period after each teleport has been drastically reduced, almost guaranteeing an arcane blast on the tanks.

It almost makes you wonder whether Blizzard really wants people to run the place.
[Image: e89ffe75.jpg]

No comment.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
I've noticed that Lightning Shield is proccing off ranged attacks.

Also noticed some strange things while I was mucking around in Scarlet Monestary, including three mobs completely disappearing when I ran out of the instance and one that had a leash.

Currently downloading the update, so I'll have to wait to see if these have been hotfixed. If they haven't, prurdy screenshots incoming. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Something I noticed but I don't know if it's a bug:
You can't overwrite Curse of Doom with Curse of Agony. You get the message "A more powerful spell is already active"
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Quote:I've noticed that Lightning Shield is proccing off ranged attacks.

I'm pretty sure it's always done that, i think it's working as intended.

-- frink
Quote:I'm pretty sure it's always done that, i think it's working as intended.

-- frink
I remember a patch note saying that they were fixing that, though I thought it was an earlier patch than 1.11
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking