Cross-server BGs coming in 1.12
Another small but very important tidbit from Blue:

Quote:I have your clarification for you.

You will be grouped with other people with other servers as well as fighting against them.

People will not be able to trade with others from different servers however.

*Quick edit- On the name issue. Players from different realms will have their realm tagged to their name so while one person may be Hulk-Archimonde the other person will be Hulk-Arthas.

We'll be going into the details later however.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post8812922

This is quite important - if you could not team up with players from other realms, the decrease in Queue time would have been very small. But with this scenario, it should be fairly significant.
Amusing hijinks inc: Mages who can't give out water in battlegrounds? SCORE ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quote:I demand details if there are any.

the link I posted "What we need to do is to get the groundwork in for this system and build off of it with more detailed match-making".

Quote:Amusing hijinks inc: Mages who can't give out water in battlegrounds? SCORE ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS.

Mages will probably be relieved to hear that. If the BG's sold cheap BG-only water and food and if the vendor stood inside the BG area in the capital cities, that would solve that problem for everybody.
Quote:If people are parking their character, they are not getting honor.

You receive honor for completing map objectives whether you are part of the raid group or not.

People that park their character are after reputation, not honor.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Mages will probably be relieved to hear that. If the BG's sold cheap BG-only water and food and if the vendor stood inside the BG area in the capital cities, that would solve that problem for everybody.

Nothing pisses me off like people bugging me for water in a Battleground. Why didn't you ask beforehand, you know, when we were in a nice safe city and you wouldn't run off the moment I handed you the water, leaving me alone, oom, at the stables, in the tender mercies of the nearest Hordeling.

Quote:the link I posted "What we need to do is to get the groundwork in for this system and build off of it with more detailed match-making".

I meant for details regarding the incident involving gnolls and runecloth.
Quote:Nothing pisses me off like people bugging me for water in a Battleground. Why didn't you ask beforehand, you know, when we were in a nice safe city and you wouldn't run off the moment I handed you the water, leaving me alone, oom, at the stables, in the tender mercies of the nearest Hordeling.
I meant for details regarding the incident involving gnolls and runecloth.

Touche! Nothing pisses me off more then a mage who turns down my request for water, then wonders why he doesn't get heals when he AOE bombs the frontlines. Maybe I'm not a mage, but to me it would seem more rude to request water in a city, when you don't even know which BG the requestor is queued for, then inside the BG where you have an idea that the water will be used to help you.

As far as gnoles and runecloth go... 2-3 patches ago the gnoles and harpys used to drop substantial amounts of runecloth. Given a high repop rate, and at the time the BG wide rep ups, it made sence (though was a pretty dick move that could get you suspended) to get to lvl 55, then grind xp, cash, runecloth, and AV rep all at the same time.

A later patch dropped the rate of runecloth to just about zero (I think the next patch it went to actually zero). Yet there was still often a short bus crew working the gnoles in most AV matches.

So what I am saying is, if they implement some sort of matchmaking, even if it is just based on a not perfect ranking system, as a medium-good PvPer, I'll no longer be stuck with the mental defectives who are grinding on mobs long after the reward is gone (and similar idiots in WSG or AB). Also, it can get rid of the AFK'ers. Fix those two problems, and in my opionion, PvP will be worthwhile again (30/0/21 baby).

Quote:If the BG's sold free BG-only water and food and if the vendor stood inside and outside the BG area in the capital cities, that would solve that problem for everybody.

Fixed. If you can't be bothered to pass out a stack of water, why should I bother to heal you? I would say the only way that I would not expect mages to pass out water is if it was absoultly and completly easier to get my own. Maybe tie it to rep. The AV water is pretty cheap as is, but it's still more expensive then free. That means I don't load up on it, because I don't want to be dragging it around everywhere before I go back to AV (obviously I don't need it for raids). And since I typically only buy a stack, I run out during long matches... and then ask the nearest mage for water. Free means everybody can grab 2-3 stacks before they zone in. It cuts out an unreasonable advantage that the organized groups have. For organized groups, water has no cost. For Puggles, you end up not drinking every chance you get, and sometimes hurting because of it.
Quote:If you can't be bothered to pass out a stack of water, why should I bother to heal you?

I'm guessing from this toss that you don't have a level-capped raiding mage. If you did, you'd never come out with it, because it's just as bad as people standing around shouting "HAEL PLX" at you.

And yes, I have a mage and a priest.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:Nothing pisses me off like people bugging me for water in a Battleground. Why didn't you ask beforehand, you know, when we were in a nice safe city and you wouldn't run off the moment I handed you the water, leaving me alone, oom, at the stables, in the tender mercies of the nearest Hordeling.

I usually ask in the minute before the match starts for water. If a mage turns me down then (while I'm casting fort on as many people as possible no less), then they're just rude. If the fight starts and you haven't asked for water by then, well, then you're just dumb.

But anyway, since there won't be trading in BG's anymore, then a person can't ask for water during that initial minute, so having cheap BG-only water available from a vendor would be helpful.

Quote:The AV water is pretty cheap as is, but it's still more expensive then free.

There, I disagree with you. It's like 40s/5, which really adds up, considering how much I drink.

Quote:I'm guessing from this toss that you don't have a level-capped raiding mage. If you did, you'd never come out with it, because it's just as bad as people standing around shouting "HAEL PLX" at you.

I don't know... It seems to me that if you are in a BG to win, everybody should be using all of their classes skills to do so. That includes passing out water when asked, and healing. They don't have to yell for heals, I'm already healing as much as is practical. If I run dry and am turned down for water, then I know that person doesn't want to win. I'll heal somebody who does, or just grind honor with shocks.

Quote:I usually ask in the minute before the match starts for water.

Much of what we have been talking about is AV, where the minute doesn't exisist for a lot of players. I wouldn't expect water in the middle of the fight. But if I ask for some at the end of an encounter where I have healed for 10k or so, I do expect it.

Maybe the BG water can be tied to rep? 4k for neutral, 1k more for each rep level?
WHat killed giving out water in battlegrounds, personally, was hitting trade and having the guy leave the WSG for AB immediately afterwards.

I am perfectly happy to summon stacks outside in the waiting area, but I will not do it once the fighting has started. The only exceptions are priests who fort and druids who mark. Generally they get an AI and some water. You invest some downtime in my ability to fight, I'll invest some in yours.
Quote:The only exceptions are priests who fort and druids who mark. Generally they get an AI and some water. You invest some downtime in my ability to fight, I'll invest some in yours.

The irony here is that I only fort if I have water. Fort is extremely expensive at ~1500 mana per person. I can't afford that kind of mana unless I have an inexpensive (free) source of water.

I can fort a bunch of people in the beginning of the BG and let my regen bring my mana back, but after a GY spawn, I'm already at half mana by casting fort, spirit, and inner focus on myself. After that, I can only really afford to fort if I'm defending or have a source of free mana. One possible exception is a flag runner, depending on how many other healers are around.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I can fort a bunch of people in the beginning of the BG and let my regen bring my mana back, but after a GY spawn, I'm already at half mana by casting fort, spirit, and inner focus on myself. After that, I can only really afford to fort if I'm defending or have a source of free mana. One possible exception is a flag runner, depending on how many other healers are around.

I'm sure you meant to say Inner Fire. If Inner Focus is up, I'll fort someone nearby. I'll also fort if there's a momentary lull in the action that will allow me to have time to drink afterward.
Quote:WHat killed giving out water in battlegrounds, personally, was hitting trade and having the guy leave the WSG for AB immediately afterwards.

I am perfectly happy to summon stacks outside in the waiting area, but I will not do it once the fighting has started. The only exceptions are priests who fort and druids who mark. Generally they get an AI and some water. You invest some downtime in my ability to fight, I'll invest some in yours.

I'll usually buff my group with Battle Shout by popping Bloodrage after the thirty second mark:)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:I don't know... It seems to me that if you are in a BG to win, everybody should be using all of their classes skills to do so. That includes passing out water when asked, and healing. They don't have to yell for heals, I'm already healing as much as is practical. If I run dry and am turned down for water, then I know that person doesn't want to win. I'll heal somebody who does, or just grind honor with shocks.
Much of what we have been talking about is AV, where the minute doesn't exisist for a lot of players. I wouldn't expect water in the middle of the fight. But if I ask for some at the end of an encounter where I have healed for 10k or so, I do expect it.

Maybe the BG water can be tied to rep? 4k for neutral, 1k more for each rep level?

You heal me, I will give you water. You don't heal me, but we're both in a pre-made group of people we all know, I'll give you water anyway. You go, "lawl I pwnz teh nubs," while I die--you know, like every healer in the godamn world--and you get nothing. Hence, I give out little water. But then, I also prefer to ignore people too lazy to spell out the word 'please.' (water plz isn't good enough.)
Quote:You heal me, I will give you water. You don't heal me, but we're both in a pre-made group of people we all know, I'll give you water anyway. You go, "lawl I pwnz teh nubs," while I die--you know, like every healer in the godamn world--and you get nothing. Hence, I give out little water. But then, I also prefer to ignore people too lazy to spell out the word 'please.' (water plz isn't good enough.)
BYFF PLX11 :P

Typically I have a small amount of store-bought water on me that I use sparingly. If I run out and no one coughs up, well, tough cookies for everyone and I get the enjoyment of resetting the buffs until leafs pop.:)In WSG it doesn't bother me since the leafs are up almost constantly and very few people seem actually use them in combat. The real issue is going to be AV though, where healers can burn though water incredibly quickly. Addmittedly there's a vendor that sells water inside the battleground, but I can easily chug through a stack of water in 15 minutes without even trying and I don't really want to pay the upkeep on that.:)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink