Farming on my level 49 twink
My shaman on Stormscale has hit level 49 and there he will stay for quite some time. While I'm really enjoying PvP at this level - both world and instanced - the only problem I have is what to do while waiting for matches to pop/random alliance player to cross my path.

I can level tradeskills, but that's only going to get me so far. What I really want is a couple of nice grinding spots, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Also any goofy things that I could do that won't earn me XP would be great.:)

Here are some of the mobs/places that I'm thinking of: the iron ore circuit in arathi highlands; while I'm there, the ogres and naga are easy to kill, so are worth looking at; the lesser rock elementals in the badlands (it's a shame that the Badlands are such a pain to get to); and the mining circuit in Swamp of Sorrows.

So there we have it. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.:)(Also, do Alliance players travelling to Maraudon usually fly to Nigel's Point or the island in Feralas?)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:My shaman on Stormscale has hit level 49 and there he will stay for quite some time. While I'm really enjoying PvP at this level - both world and instanced - the only problem I have is what to do while waiting for matches to pop/random alliance player to cross my path.

I can level tradeskills, but that's only going to get me so far. What I really want is a couple of nice grinding spots, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Also any goofy things that I could do that won't earn me XP would be great.:)

Here are some of the mobs/places that I'm thinking of: the iron ore circuit in arathi highlands; while I'm there, the ogres and naga are easy to kill, so are worth looking at; the lesser rock elementals in the badlands (it's a shame that the Badlands are suck a pain to get to); and the mining circuit in Swamp of Sorrows.

So there we have it. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.:)(Also, do Alliance players travelling to Maraudon usually fly to Nigel's Point or the island in Feralas?)

Alliance usually come from Nigel's because the trip is a little shorter and passes through lower-level mobs.

If you're out in the Badlands and you have mining high enough, I recommend running a mithril circuit out there. You'll pick up mithril, iron, silver, and gold. if your circuit runs the zone and you stop off to kill some elementals, then the node respawn will probably stay ahead of you.

I also took up working on cooking and fishing on my rogue while waiting for friends to catch me (although they seem to not be playing anymore...hmmm). Since you can do a lot of fishing and cooking in cities and towns, it's good for when you're mixing in AFK time with your farming.
Quote:I also took up working on cooking and fishing on my rogue while waiting for friends to catch me (although they seem to not be playing anymore...hmmm). Since you can do a lot of fishing and cooking in cities and towns, it's good for when you're mixing in AFK time with your farming.

Yeah, fishing in Tanaris can be profitable due to stonescale eel, presuming it's the right time of day to catch them.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Kill the pirates on the coast of Arathi to become friendly with the Bloodsail Buccaneers 1 reputation point at a time (5 for the bosses, woot!).
I would say elementals in arathi for G nature pots, or maybe the elemenatals in felwood for fronds.
One thing to consider is that you are 49 and want to stay in that bracket. So might not want to farm anything that gives you experience. I don't really have any suggestions for you, but wanted to point out that this could be a concern with some suggestions. As long as the things you kill are low enough level it shouldn't matter though.
Quote:One thing to consider is that you are 49 and want to stay in that bracket. So might not want to farm anything that gives you experience. I don't really have any suggestions for you, but wanted to point out that this could be a concern with some suggestions. As long as the things you kill are low enough level it shouldn't matter though.
I probably should have mentioned that earlier. Anything above level 39 is a big no-no.:(

I'll have to check the level of the pirates in arathi, because that's just the sort of mindless grind that really passes the time.:D

Quote:I would say elementals in arathi for G nature pots, or maybe the elemenatals in felwood for fronds.
It's a good idea. Unfortunately some raiding guilds tend to be a little jealous about these things, so it's rare to get a good run at them. Also, everything in Felwood is too high a level for me to kill without getting experience.:(

Quote:Yeah, fishing in Tanaris can be profitable due to stonescale eel, presuming it's the right time of day to catch them.
Thanks! I'll have to make myself some aquadynamic fish attractors (spelling?) and head out there. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get the fishing pole from the Hinterlands. Bah, I might do that anyway, I've got some room to move.

Quote:Alliance usually come from Nigel's because the trip is a little shorter and passes through lower-level mobs.
Thanks Monkey, I'll be sure to use that knowledge for good, not evil. :shuriken:

Quote:If you're out in the Badlands and you have mining high enough, I recommend running a mithril circuit out there. You'll pick up mithril, iron, silver, and gold. if your circuit runs the zone and you stop off to kill some elementals, then the node respawn will probably stay ahead of you.
Personally, I prefer focusing on iron, which I've never really found much of in the Badlands, although I'll definately try the circuit again. (Iron sells for nearly twice as much as mithril on my server, and feeds my grenade addiction to boot!) The real problem with the badlands is that it's just a pain to get to. I'd end up flying from Undercity because I can queue there, and that flight takes forever.

Thanks all.:)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink