So, how does this Naxx Frost Resist thing work anyway?
Not having even set foot in Naxx, I've come across conflicting snippets of this from the various WOW info sources - The official site, Allakhazam, Thottbot, WowHead, Wowwalkthrough.

I understand enough to know that you have to clear a number of trash in the Deathknight wing to get to Master Craftsman Omarion in the cage.

That's where it seems to diverge. The thing is does he then teach you the patterns/plans outright or does he give you an [Omarion's Handbook] to take back to Wilhelm in LHC, who will the make them for you if you provide the necessary mats and some ludicrous amount of gold?

Anyone who's already been in there care to comment?

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
If you have the profession and the required reputation, you learn straight away. If you don't, you get those quests as an alternate (although very expensive) way to get the items.
Yep, exactly. If you are a tailor, leatherworker, or smith with enough reputation with the Argent Dawn, then you get to learn the appropriate recipes outright. If you aren't, then you get a book to bring back to the NPC at Light's Hope who will craft the exact same items but will charge you several hundred gold in addition to the materials for the privilege. Suffice it to say that most people will just find an appropriate tailor, leatherworker, or smith to make the items for them. Heck, if you're in Naxx in the first place, you are probably already in a guild with at least a few of them.

Now, as to frost runes, you have to find these scrolls called Word of Thawing off of trash mobs. These let you "melt" the frost runes off the walls of the various boss chambers. The scrolls drop quite frequently -- to the point were we now have about a dozen spare scrolls. The act of removing runes off the wall locks everyone in the instance to the instance. However, it is possible to stealth past all the spiders and remove the frost runes off the wall of Anub'Rekhan's chamber, if the rune happens to spawn in the front half of the chamber (the runes have several spawn points). So, we're getting some rogue alts attuned so that we can have them get some extra frost runes for us.
At revered I was able to learn the Tailor patterns outright. I believe I got them all, but will have to double check that later.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Quote:At revered I was able to learn the Tailor patterns outright. I believe I got them all, but will have to double check that later.

As per the Argent Dawn page, I think you may have only learnt the Glacial Wrists and Gloves patterns at Revered, as the Cloak and Vest patterns appear to need you to be Exalted.

Maybe you got a book as well to take back to Wilhelm for him to make you the Cloak and Vest?

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
What happened to the idea of using Hydraxian rep for some of the items? Did they scrap that?
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:What happened to the idea of using Hydraxian rep for some of the items? Did they scrap that?

Thottbot and Allakhazam don't list any of the patterns coming from Duke Hydraxis, so I guess they did scrap it. Of course I'm just a lowly engineer, so I have no idea if this is accurate (where are you, faction based engineering schematics?).
Tempestria - 34 Human Warlock - Stormrage
Threnody - 60 Undead Warlock - Dalvengyr (retired)
Zenobia - 60 Tauren Shaman - Dalvengyr (retired)
In addition, completing the Echoes of War quest gives you access to the frost resistance leggings quest, and completing the "The Fate of Ramaladni" quest gives you access to the frost resistance ring quest.

The first one makes you kill some trash up to Razuvious/Patchwerk/Anub'Rekhan/Noth (first boss in each wing) and the second one is a pretty rare trash drop that everyone can loot, similar to the rep boosting artifacts that drop in AQ.