Noob Help
Hi, I recently finished Diablo in "normal" setting with my character at level 25. 2 questions: how do I play in Nightmare mode? And, I notice, after playing 5 levels (believing I'm in NM) that my experience points aren't moving at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jesseslash
Quote:how do I play in Nightmare mode?

Well, for one thing you need to be in multiplayer mode to play the higher difficulty settings. Single player is only at normal difficulty. Once you have a MP character, you need to be clvl 20 to play NM difficulty, and 30 to play Hell difficulty.

Quote:after playing 5 levels (believing I'm in NM) that my experience points aren't moving at all. Any ideas?

One of the factors in calculating how much XP you get from kills is the difference between your level and the monsters level. Once you get to 10 levels or more higher than the monster you get no XP whatsoever.

Since you are clvl 25, you need to fight at least mlvl 15 monsters to get any XP. These dont start showing up until dlvl 7-8 (with the exception of a few unique monsters).
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Sounds like you are playing Single Player, in which case you cannot play in NM or Hell Mode. (Actually there is a way, but you would not be able to access NM mode unless you have a multiplayer character of sufficient level.) Now that you are familiar with the game, you may just want to start a multiplayer character and log onto battlenet or use the direct connect option. You will be given the option of choosing difficulty levels if you do that, provided your character is high enough level. (20 for Nightmare, 30 for Hell)
Quote:Hi, I recently finished Diablo in "normal" setting with my character at level 25. 2 questions: how do I play in Nightmare mode? And, I notice, after playing 5 levels (believing I'm in NM) that my experience points aren't moving at all. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jesseslash

hiya jesseslash, welcome to diablo ..join up on battlenet multi player ,channel diablo usa-east i would be glad to help you..Beware of anyone on battlenet ,dont take anything from anybody till you know your way around.regards skana.
Quote:hiya jesseslash, welcome to diablo ..join up on battlenet multi player ,channel diablo usa-east i would be glad to help you..Beware of anyone on battlenet ,dont take anything from anybody till you know your way around.regards skana.

Skana is a good guy.. I would be glad to help out as well. You can find us in Channel Diablo LE on east gateway. Hope to see you soon