Reputation!
Tigole posts:

Quote:Also, regarding reputation, we're really trying hard in the expansion to make reputations less of a grind. We're trying to use reputation in new ways that don't require hours of repetitve behavior. To give an example, the Blood Elf secondary zone, Ghostlands, has a reputation associated with it. Do 2 quests -- go up a level. Do 3 more -- go up another level etc... No grinding whatsoever. It exists more for purposes of logical quest flow and world immersion (winning over a town -- proving yourself).
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
This really sounds like what I expect from reputation. If I advance 3 steps in a quest chain, I go up appropriately in standing.

Dammit, Quark, now I'm starting to itch for the expansion. Anyone have a beta key they're not using?

To give an example, the Blood Elf secondary zone, Ghostlands

I was thinking that didn't make any sense. Less grindy, maybe. But 2-3 quests per level only makes sense at level 15.

Out of curiosity, does the alliance get the reputation based centaur quests in Desolace?
Quote:Out of curiosity, does the alliance get the reputation based centaur quests in Desolace?

Unfortunately (For us suckers who are completionists).
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Unfortunately (For us suckers who are completionists).

If I recall, it's just a couple of minutes of grinding fairly profitable(for their level) mobs. Of course, the last time I did it, I duoed it, which doubles the rep for "kill and collect" stages.

I'm a completionist too, and those aren't nearly as bad as say Linken or some other things I could think of.
Quote:If I recall, it's just a couple of minutes of grinding fairly profitable(for their level) mobs. Of course, the last time I did it, I duoed it, which doubles the rep for "kill and collect" stages.

I'm a completionist too, and those aren't nearly as bad as say Linken or some other things I could think of.

I think that depends entirely on what level you do the quest at. When it's green, it's a lot more "grindy" than when yellow or orange, as I recall. Level difference impacts rep dramatically
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I'm a completionist too, and those aren't nearly as bad as say Linken or some other things I could think of.
No, no, the completionist issue has nothing to do with difficulty or length. It's that you can't do both sides of the quest. You have to pick Magram or Gelkis.

It annoys me to no end to know that there's an exclamation point sitting there... taunting me. And I'll never be able to make it go away...
Quote:No, no, the completionist issue has nothing to do with difficulty or length. It's that you can't do both sides of the quest. You have to pick Magram or Gelkis.

It annoys me to no end to know that there's an exclamation point sitting there... taunting me. And I'll never be able to make it go away...
Just grind rep with one, then the other. Not very rewarding, but doable I think.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:No, no, the completionist issue has nothing to do with difficulty or length. It's that you can't do both sides of the quest. You have to pick Magram or Gelkis.

I did both sides of the quest. Including killing Khan Hratha twice.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!