Cross Server BG
Quote:As a further update, after eleven weeks of PvP, Baguette has made Field Marshal. She is not sure if she wants to continue all the way to GM but she plans to keep at it for a while to see how it goes. Has anyone done GM and would care to share how long it took?

Congrats on making FM! As far as GM (I have not gone that far but have done much reading on Blizz's PVP forums) it usually take 3-4 weeks of standing 1-2 to get to 14. IMO, with the new Honor system being imminent (before the BC comes out) I really do not see the reason to go for it, as it is a HUGE difference to go from 13-14 as opposed to 12-13. Besides, you might not even have enough time to get there.

Of course if you've got nothing better to do and are still not burned out on BGs....

-A
If you get standing 1 each week and start exactly on the line:

55000 * 0.8 + 13000 = 57000
57000 * 0.8 + 13000 = 58600
58600 * 0.8 + 13000 = 59880

so it takes as much as 4 weeks even if you get rank 1 every week. Only 3 weeks if you start in at least 250 points in (5% to rank 14)

It will always take at least 3 weeks to go from rank 13 to rank 14.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.