New Profession Level 375 in BC
The BC expansion will allow you to upgrade your (crafting) professions to the next max. level of 375.

So far we have:

Char level 5-9 -> Max. Profession level 75
Char level 10-19 -> Max. Profession level 150
Char level 20-34 -> Max. Profession level 225
Char level 35+ -> Max. Profession level 300

Does anyone know what the next minimum required char level will be to upgrade you profession level from 300 to 375 max.? My first guess would be char level 50, but I could also imagine it's 55 or even 60. Does anyone have reliable info on this?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:The BC expansion will allow you to upgrade your (crafting) professions to the next max. level of 375.

So far we have:

Char level 5-9 -> Max. Profession level 75
Char level 10-19 -> Max. Profession level 150
Char level 20-34 -> Max. Profession level 225
Char level 35+ -> Max. Profession level 300

Does anyone know what the next minimum required char level will be to upgrade you profession level from 300 to 375 max.? My first guess would be char level 50, but I could also imagine it's 55 or even 60. Does anyone have reliable info on this?

I would assume 60 and the trainers will be in the Outlands (thus requiring you to have purchased the expansion).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:I would assume 60 and the trainers will be in the Outlands (thus requiring you to have purchased the expansion).
How about weapon skills? 70 times 5 is 350 in my book.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:How about weapon skills? 70 times 5 is 350 in my book.

Yes, you'd think the max skill level would be 350 (5 x 70) judging by the current max 300 (5 x 60).

Not so?
Quote:Yes, you'd think the max skill level would be 350 (5 x 70) judging by the current max 300 (5 x 60).

Not so?
Is it certain that the learned level max is 375 vs 350? Maybe 375 is the max attainable level - 350 learned plus 25 in trinkets, enchants, etc?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Yes, you'd think the max skill level would be 350 (5 x 70) judging by the current max 300 (5 x 60).

Not so?

Consider that every tier in crafting is 75 points (beginner is to 75, journeyman is 76 to 150, expert is 151 to 225, and artisan is 226 to 300).

Whether you can reach 375 is an entirely different question all together though.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lots of things in the game work in 300's - weapon skill, defense, crafting, resistances, etc. Reputations are even multiples of it.

But while many of these things are tied to one's level (60 * 5 = 300), crafting is not necessarily. It is capped at 300 for no apparent reason - the four tiers of crafting could have just as easily been 100 points each, leaving you capped at 400. You get 75 points per tier, but this is not tied to level, it's not like you can get 75/75 at level 15, 150/150 at level 30, etc. I think this is because Blizzard biased the system for lower-level characters to be able to do more.

Anyway, for perfect symmetry they could have let us level to 75 in the expansion, then we could have 375 weapon skill and 375 crafting skill. Or they could cap skills at 350. Or they could not have any tiers beyond 300 crafting, and just add more 300-level recipes. I don't think they'd do this, but really it's anyone's guess.
I just found out that the min. character level to upgrade your professions to "Master Level" (375) is level 50, and the min. required skill level is 275. Your teachers are called "Grand Masters" and can be found, for example, at Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde) in the Outlands. You can learn some really neat stuff at that level:)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:I just found out that the min. character level to upgrade your professions to "Master Level" (375) is level 50, and the min. required skill level is 275. Your teachers are called "Grand Masters" and can be found, for example, at Honor Hold (Alliance) or Thrallmar (Horde) in the Outlands. You can learn some really neat stuff at that level:)

Nice.

Have you seen any Feral-friendly enchants? Particularly ones with a nice graphical proc like Crusader?
Quote:Nice.

Have you seen any Feral-friendly enchants? Particularly ones with a nice graphical proc like Crusader?

Are those separate ideas, or are you calling Crusader a Feral-Friendly enchant?
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Are those separate ideas, or are you calling Crusader a Feral-Friendly enchant?

One idea, but perhaps not described well. Crusader is a great enchant for my Warrior - not only is it quite powerful (a substantial damage buff, some healing and a pretty good proc rate) but it's showy with a very noticable graphic effect. It's not feral friendly because it won't proc in forms. I'm hoping for an enchant that my Druid will be just as interested in.

Caster and hunter enchants are also rather bland at the moment and could use some improvement.
I am living in a dream world where weapons will proc in forms, which I expect to be quashed shortly.

Mind you, I am also living in a world where the feral attack power bandaid was removed and weapon DPS and speed had some affect on feral damage.

/dreamy sigh. What a beautiful world it is.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:/dreamy sigh. What a beautiful world it is.

Tell me more about this dream world. Is there development oppertunities, preferably with low money down?
Quote:Consider that every tier in crafting is 75 points (beginner is to 75, journeyman is 76 to 150, expert is 151 to 225, and artisan is 226 to 300).

Whether you can reach 375 is an entirely different question all together though.
You can reach level 375. People already did it. However, do note that you can make level 70 items at 365 or so skill (however, there are items that require 375 skill), so in a way the scaling is pretty close to what it should be.
Quote:Nonsense goes in here.
Hai. Bai.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)