RealmLp
I just started the realm today, all the hackers on battle.net can get very aggravating. This realm is very simple, it is not very diffrent from battle.net except for I will be scanning for hacks and dupes every 24 hours and anyone caught hacking or even duping an item will be banned. We will also have legit dueling tournaments every week or so once more people start to play. I am the only moderator at the moment so i will be looking for some help, I would like to get 2 people to help me moderate the realm. I will choose who i think is most responsible and mature. As for forums I will be working on them and they will most likely be done in 1 week to 10 days. Here is the info for the realm:

Name: Realm Lp
Zone: +8
IP: 65.49.253.179

Joining The Realm:

Step 1) To join the realm, download gwe(GateWaysEditor):
http://relivedgaming.com/rgnfiles/gwe.exe

Step 2) Run gwe, go under starcraft tab, and click "add gateway" button.

Step 3) It should ask you:
Name:
Zone:
IP:
So, just make it look like this:
Name: Realm Lp
Zone: +8
IP: 65.49.253.179

Step 4) Click Ok.

Step 5) Start diablo 1 and when you go to change gateway there should be a gateway named "Realm Lp".

Step 6) Creat an account and enjoy.

BTW: You can use your b.net guys from any realm on this realm so you don't have to start all over again.

FORUM: RealmLp.jconserv.net
Quote:I will be scanning for hacks and dupes every 24 hours and anyone caught hacking or even duping an item will be banned.

Good luck attempting the impossible.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
How will you detect cheating? All Diablo games are run on the player's computers, not on the realms you connect to.
Quote:How will you detect cheating?

Apparently, only a few people have joined. All high-level legits.
I'm not sure if any cheaters will show up.
Anyway, that's not a problem because the server is PvP. PvM is, of course, allowed...

And, anyway, I like the idea. So I'm in.
I'm in for sure. I'd also be interested in helping to moderate, albeit that my time is rather limited during senior year.

Is there any way that you (or anyone else with a knowledge of Diablo 1 programming) would be able to make it so that all character files are stored solely on the host server?
Your realm is not working. I got the program, set it up exactly with the directions you gave. I'm not sure how to fix this, but i'll let you know its not up. If you can get it working in the near future, I'll join up as well.
Quote:Your realm is not working. I got the program, set it up exactly with the directions you gave. I'm not sure how to fix this, but i'll let you know its not up. If you can get it working in the near future, I'll join up as well.

I was told by Eso in Diablo LE that a problem had been encountered and it was down. I've yet to be on it, also. Any information about the problem?
You should have a look at the bottom of this page. I don't know if it's true though.
Quote:I'm in for sure. I'd also be interested in helping to moderate, albeit that my time is rather limited during senior year.

Is there any way that you (or anyone else with a knowledge of Diablo 1 programming) would be able to make it so that all character files are stored solely on the host server?

This is easy, but pointless.:) To my knowledge, no one has ever attempted to modify a character while it is in storage as a disk file. There's just no point when you can modify it so much more easily while it is live in memory. Preventing modifications while live would be no small feat, since it is effectively converting Diablo to be realm-based. That could be a fun project, but I doubt you'll find anyone willing to do it.
Quote:Kp' date='Oct 14 2006, 05:12 PM' post='118920']
To my knowledge, no one has ever attempted to modify a character while it is in storage as a disk file.

Um.... thats how I modify character files in Pre-Release Demo.
I think there is some hacking tool to do it, but it wasnt so hard to decrypt which bytes represent "important things" so now Im able to make Testing character in 3 sec, what is much faster then search for any hacking program .....

I havent looked at Diablo saves, but I guess that there is very similar system of storage like in Pre-Release Demo files. But with so many Diablo editing tools sounds any direct files editing funny.