BG PVP items en masse
http://forums.curse-gaming.com/showthread.php?t=12507

This definately kicks the crap out of pretty much everything that's available now. The only things that might still be sort of ok are ring/ammy slots.

-A

So, what's a resilience rating?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Addendum: Holy crap, those are sweet.
Quote:So, what's a resilience rating?

Kinda like the counterpart to crit rating; it's your chance to "resist" being critically hit. It's part of Blizzard's way of reducing the crazy amount of one-shot critting going on, along with much higher amounts of stamina on gear.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:Kinda like the counterpart to crit rating; it's your chance to "resist" being critically hit. It's part of Blizzard's way of reducing the crazy amount of one-shot critting going on, along with much higher amounts of stamina on gear.
Does that replace defense (defense rating?) in B.C.? (oh the irony... when I see the letters B.C. I always associate the words 'before christ'...)
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!

Neat. I take it that's spell and melee crit chance?
Quote:Neat. I take it that's spell and melee crit chance?

I would guess so, but I'm not in the alpha or beta to test. It appears in the much improved and therefore Perhaps Slightly Less Lying Character Screen under the 'defenses' section, along with dodge, parry and block; there's nothing similar in the 'spells' section (which has hit, crit and penetration). I guess we'll have to wait and see, or hit up somebody in the beta for some testing.:)

I'm curious as to which order spell hit, resistances, penetration and resilience (if applicable) will be calculated in.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:Kinda like the counterpart to crit rating; it's your chance to "resist" being critically hit. It's part of Blizzard's way of reducing the crazy amount of one-shot critting going on, along with much higher amounts of stamina on gear.
Ah... I understand now; defense rating is the counter against physical crits; while resilience is against magical crits.

Right?
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
In a [url=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=31003104&pageNo=2&sid=1#30"]post[/url] on the official forums Kalgan posted, "Resilience decreases your chance to be crit, and reduces the amount of damage crits do to you (both effects apply to spell and melee crits)."
Quote:So, what's a resilience rating?

What's a crit rating? Are we doing away with 10% crit and instead going to a crit rating of 10, or what?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Ah... I understand now; defense rating is the counter against physical crits; while resilience is against magical crits.

Right?

Wrong. Defense will (and currently does) lower physical crit and raise dodge/parry/block.
Resilience will lower physical crit, magical crit, and crit multiplier.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:In a [url=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=31003104&pageNo=2&sid=1#30"]post[/url] on the official forums Kalgan posted, "Resilience decreases your chance to be crit, and reduces the amount of damage crits do to you (both effects apply to spell and melee crits)."

Very nice of Kalgan to drop in and answer those questions. Also, that thread reminded me of why I stopped reading the whinelock...err warlock forums on the official WoW site.
Quote:What's a crit rating? Are we doing away with 10% crit and instead going to a crit rating of 10, or what?

Things that are turning into a "rating" system:
Defense
Weapon Skill
Crit
Hit
Spell Crit
Spell Hit
Resilience (new)
I'll assume Dodge/Parry/Block, but haven't seen it.

Required Rating scales with level. At level 60, 14 "Crit Rating" will be equal to 1% crit. Before that level it'll give you more crit, after it'll give you less (haven't seen numbers for the scale yet).

This was done to fill a loophole in itemization. I'll use physical crit as the main example. Three things help your crit: Talents, Agility, and +Crit gear. Talents are finite and can be accounted for. Agility can rise with clvl and ilvl, but its effect on crit diminishes as your clvl increases. +Crit gear (pre-expansion) can rise with ilvl and has nothing to diminish it. The higher ilvl goes, the more crit everyone would have. Another unintended side effect is how itemization itself would be handled as characters gain levels. At level 60, it takes me 29 agi to get one crit. If it takes me 33 agi to get one crit at level 70 (a guess), the value of +crit% gear has gone up but the cost has not changed at all.

Weapon skill is another example. To completely negate the glancing penalty currently, you need +10 weapon skill. A rogue can get +5 through talents, so only needs +5 through items. Under the current system, that means one of two things. Either I'm using a really, really old item because it was the last +skill item I got, or the new items that do have weapon skill will be using a smaller % of the item budget to get the same benefit. Imagine being able to spend 1% of an item's budget on something that will increase your DPS as dramatically as +5 weapon skill.

I'm not sure these would be bad problems in TBC (it depends on how fast they raise ilvl), but with each expansion the problems would get worse and worse.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!