I'm not getting anything done today.
New Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez movie:

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=1452

New Guillermo del Torro movie:

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/840...ids_1.html

New Frank Miller movie:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/tra...large.html
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Quote:New Frank Miller movie:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/300/tra...large.html
Why can't they do a film of Gates of Fire instead of that CGI mess? A lack of armor leaps to mind as a small problem with a film allegedly dealing with Hoplytes . . . I guess the graphic novel used a similar convention.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I just found www.seini.us and it's the epitome of randomness.

I'm currently in love with http://www.sieni.us/?id=4. That's a pretty chill little blue square.

http://www.sieni.us/?id=29 is pretty relaxing too.
Quote:Why can't they do a film of Gates of Fire instead of that CGI mess? A lack of armor leaps to mind as a small problem with a film allegedly dealing with Hoplytes . . . I guess the graphic novel used a similar convention.

Occhi

There's so much historically wrong with Miller's version of 300, the lack of armor is just the tip of the iceberg.

With that said, even though I'm an Ancient Greek/Ancient Philosophy double major, I'm excited to see this film come out.

The downside is I'll have to stop naming characters Leonidas, since well... come march it won't be so unique anymore;)

Cheers,

Munk
At no point has 300 claimed that it is historically accurate - I plan on enjoying it for what it is and not worrying about whether the Hoplyte armor is accurate or not:)
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Together, they fight crime!

"He's a notorious ninja sorceror from the Mississippi delta. She's a strong-willed insomniac Valkyrie trying to make a difference in a man's world. Together, they fight crime!"

"He's a superhumanly strong albino dog-catcher with no name. She's a tortured foul-mouthed vampire who inherited a spooky stately manor from her late maiden aunt. Together, they fight crime!"

Edit:
"He's a Nobel prize-winning dishevelled shaman who dotes on his loving old ma. She's a virginal mute opera singer on the trail of a serial killer. Together, they fight crime!"
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:Together, they fight crime!

An online friend rolled this one on her first try when I showed her this site. I kid you not:

"He's an oversexed umbrella-wielding werewolf who must take medication to keep him sane. She's a brilliant nymphomaniac stripper trying to make a difference in a man's world. Together, they fight crime!"

:whistling:
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
He's a witless Republican jungle king with no name. She's a disco-crazy cat-loving traffic cop operating on the wrong side of the law. Together, they fight crime!
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:Together, they fight crime!
I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but I have to ask myself, does he use whirlwind, and what's his +MF stat?
He's a mute barbarian moving from town to town, helping folk in trouble. She's a radical nymphomaniac fairy princess from aristocratic European stock. Together, they fight crime!

On a few other notes:
Nothing!
Absolutely nothing!
You're so stupid!

Perhaps I'm going too far on the dumb end of thing. Less 'random' than they are just pointless. Lets try to redeem this post:
Colors! (really only helpful if you need to deconstruct and match colors)
Colors! (for the voyeuristic naturalist)
Spinning colors!
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
He's a suave alcoholic romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a scantily clad gypsy nun from aristocratic European stock. Together, they fight crime!

He's a Nobel prize-winning alcoholic grifter who must take medication to keep him sane. She's a tortured cat-loving fairy princess in the witness protection scheme. Together, they fight crime!

This one will be coming to you on ABC next year under the title Whips and Carbon Chains

Quote:He's a lounge-singing, coffee drenched assassin with a secret. She's a ditzy red-headed femme fatale with a flame-thrower. Together, they fight crime!
Whoa, that's "The Occhi Chronicles" soon to be seen on FX at 9, 8 central and mountain.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Press it I dare ya
Quote:He's a genetically engineered playboy vampire hunter with a secret. She's a bloodthirsty hip-hop nun living homeless in New York's sewers. Together, they fight crime!

Quite possibly the funniest damn thing I've read on the net yet! I can't wait to see this one on T.V.

Quote:He's an impetuous voodoo firefighter searching for his wife's true killer. She's a scantily clad hypochondriac cab driver descended from a line of powerful witches. Together, they fight crime!

Not as funny, but quite an amusing concept!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Diceware
The error occurred on line -1.
Shatner: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. I can do Star Wars.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Now this worries me. Of all the things that I worried about when I went to school every day, classmates like this guy never crossed my mind.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Quote:Now this worries me. Of all the things that I worried about when I went to school every day, classmates like this guy never crossed my mind.
:o
No belt even, how did he keep his pants up?
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Jesus Christ!
Quote:Jesus Christ!
That song has evoked some awful flashbacks to a girl I dated 30 years ago, and me dancing to songs of that ilk while wearing a polyester shirt and shoes that were a low platform style.

Thanks so much for the psychic pain, I'll be in therapy (Guinness induced) trying to wipe that memory back into the hole where it belongs.

No soup for you. :angry:

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Now this worries me. Of all the things that I worried about when I went to school every day, classmates like this guy never crossed my mind.

That is so unbelievably ridiculous that I can not even begin to describe the many ways in which it is stupid. A shotgun? Really?
--Mith

Jack London