Re: New priest racials
I don't think ALL the priests will get new racials.

What I think was meant, was that each of the two new races will get one racial spell that is already in the game (for Bloodelves, fearward seems to be the most popular guess, but feedback would fit better with lore and war3 spellbreakers, imo) and one spell that is not in the pre-expansion game.
Maybe. We'll see. I get the impression that Blizzard isn't happy with the current priest racial spells and how they're distributed, so it wouldn't surprise me to see some changes made to current priests as well.
When I read mention of changing priest racials, I read it as fear ward for all. Is that not likely with all the flack over having such a strong racial?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:When I read mention of changing priest racials, I read it as fear ward for all. Is that not likely with all the flack over having such a strong racial?

God I hope so, then the horde can stop complaining. Blessings and fear ward for everyone, mirite?
Quote:God I hope so, then the horde can stop complaining. Blessings and fear ward for everyone, mirite?

Hey, I'm getting my blessings. I haven't made it anywhere that fear ward would seem to be all that big of a deal.

I'm already done complaining :)
Quote:Hey, I'm getting my blessings. I haven't made it anywhere that fear ward would seem to be all that big of a deal.

I'm already done complaining :)
We wiped on Nef last night due to no fear ward. Shaman call + fear during MT berserker rage cooldown = loose Nef blowing his shadow flame at the raid. The same is true for Ony. If totems are at a bad time in their dispel pulse they can rampage a good while, sometimes you can just run clear out of the AOE and get extra goodness. Fearward is a much more powerful PvE ability than blessings.
Quote:We wiped on Nef last night due to no fear ward. Shaman call + fear during MT berserker rage cooldown = loose Nef blowing his shadow flame at the raid. The same is true for Ony. If totems are at a bad time in their dispel pulse they can rampage a good while, sometimes you can just run clear out of the AOE and get extra goodness. Fearward is a much more powerful PvE ability than blessings.

Only in encounters that rely on fear as a mechanic (Magmadar, Onyxia, Nefarian). In other encounters (Razorgore, for example) Fear ward is a waste of mana. Blizzard CMs have said that fear-based encounters will be much more rare (if they exist at all) in the expansion. Personally, I suspect the devs will just put in Death-Coil-like "horror"-based encounters instead, where the top of the threat table (or the entire raid) gets "horror"-ed.

Quote:Shaman call + fear during MT berserker rage cooldown = loose Nef blowing his shadow flame at the raid.

You guys still rely on tremor totem? Off tank is the pro way to do it. Tremor is way to unreliable for tanks. It can help get the rest of the raid back to doing their jobs faster.

Quote:Personally, I suspect the devs will just put in Death-Coil-like "horror"-based encounters instead, where the top of the threat table (or the entire raid) gets "horror"-ed.

Followed by the introduction of difficult to farm or craft antihorror trinkets. I've suspected this little arms race would start from the moment they introduced death coil. Any PvP locks know if horror will stop a BW-ed pet (soon to be hunter too)?
Quote:You guys still rely on tremor totem? Off tank is the pro way to do it. Tremor is way to unreliable for tanks. It can help get the rest of the raid back to doing their jobs faster.
Followed by the introduction of difficult to farm or craft antihorror trinkets. I've suspected this little arms race would start from the moment they introduced death coil. Any PvP locks know if horror will stop a BW-ed pet (soon to be hunter too)?
As far as I'm aware, if something is immune to fear, horror will not affect it. If an ability lets you break fear, it can't break horror. I think the ability that break fear and give you a short immunity will prevent horror if cast on you during the immunity.

If something comes into play that breaks horror that almost anyone can craft, they've basically re-screwed over locks. It would break the reason that they gave us DC in the first place, as fear had become to easy to break or gain immunity to in general, so we didn't have an escape. I personally doubt that they would go that direction with things.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Quote:You guys still rely on tremor totem? Off tank is the pro way to do it. Tremor is way to unreliable for tanks. It can help get the rest of the raid back to doing their jobs faster.
We do but he is a tad flakey sometimes. I usually try to ninja his job, should have this time. Still, its something an alliance encouter wouldn't have experienced.

As for horrify you can get it when you're immune fear. I've popped berserker rage when running the flag in warsong when I suspect a warlock is going to try and fear me. Coil will still work.
Bleh, it's a crutch. One of our shaman actually has a warrior in an Emps capable guild... and they had to call off Ony because their dwarf priests didn't show.
Quote:You guys still rely on tremor totem? Off tank is the pro way to do it. Tremor is way to unreliable for tanks.

I'm with OMD on this one. Why don't you use two tanks? I'm Alliance and we kill Nef without Fear Ward and *gasp* no Tremor Totems.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Bleh, it's a crutch. One of our shaman actually has a warrior in an Emps capable guild... and they had to call off Ony because their dwarf priests didn't show.

Onyxia can be tanked without the need of fear ward or off tank, A stance dancing warrior should be able to tank her well enough. I have only tanked her once myself with my alt, but it worked like a charm. It may happen that two fears come pretty fast, but thats what a trinket or WotF are for.
Now, Nefarian is another matter altogether.
Quote:We do but he is a tad flakey sometimes. I usually try to ninja his job, should have this time. Still, its something an alliance encouter wouldn't have experienced.

An alliance encounter with a dwarf priest (or in the expansion - a dranei priest) in the raid you mean. I've stance danced Onxyia, Mag and offtank danced Nef because a dwarf priest wasn't in the raid. The Horde is not alone in this no matter what you may think Sir Die.
Quote:We do but he is a tad flakey sometimes. I usually try to ninja his job, should have this time. Still, its something an alliance encouter wouldn't have experienced.

Having raided Alliance for some time now, I can say with certainty that I've done Nef plenty of times without the benefit of Fear Ward.
See you in Town,
-Z