Chromaggus down!
Hi Lurkers

As the title suggests, we killed Chromaggus the second day we tried him, with Time Lapse/Acid breaths. Gratz us, every week we visited BWL, we got a new boss down, with only two raids per week this makes us all pretty happy:)

Chromaggus seems to be bugged however. We had one almost flawlessly executed try go to hell because MT and OT just seemed to vanish from his aggro list. KTM (which we do not trust, just have up as a sort of guideline) showed my maintanking undead behind roughly 120,000 aggro ahead of the rest of the raid, still I could not get him back on me for the brief remainder of the fight, when he picked targets in the raid seemingly at random. The OT briefly got aggro at times, but that did not really help. Wipe.

We had no explanation for this behaviour and wrote it of as bug implemented by Blizzard to slow us down in BWL (we've had a few of these already).

A bit about our tactics: MT was the only one who regularly ate the Time Lapse, OT moves him back into position, the usual. If people had the feeling that they were getting a bit high and KTM maybe too showed them high (usually a Warlock problem), they took one Time Lapse.

The oddity in the attempt that eventually became the kill was that I "ate" at least 4 Time Lapse breaths without getting stunned or loosing aggro. I've never heard about Time Laspe being resistable :o

Is this known dodgy behaviour for Chrom or was he indeed bugged, did we do something wrong and can the mess be avoided? Me not getting stunned and loosing aggro actually made the fight easier, but it also had us extremely worried that he would go crazy at some point later on.

Also, Nefarian looks like a fun encounter:)

Info about the silly dog would be appreciated, also if you have a killer strategy for Nefarian for a dps based Horde raid, plix share!

take care
Tarabulus (yeah, I know I'm Nuurabsaal here, but I kind of type the name of my WoW char automatically...)
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:Chromaggus seems to be bugged however. We had one almost flawlessly executed try go to hell because MT and OT just seemed to vanish from his aggro list. KTM (which we do not trust, just have up as a sort of guideline) showed my maintanking undead behind roughly 120,000 aggro ahead of the rest of the raid, still I could not get him back on me for the brief remainder of the fight, when he picked targets in the raid seemingly at random. The OT briefly got aggro at times, but that did not really help. Wipe.

Chromaggus used to completely wipe the top aggro's hate after a certain amount of Time Lapses (5?) taken. We noticed this had disappeared at one point ... maybe it's back (due to scheduling and random chance I haven't actually fought a TL chrommie in awhile)?

Quote:A bit about our tactics: MT was the only one who regularly ate the Time Lapse, OT moves him back into position, the usual. If people had the feeling that they were getting a bit high and KTM maybe too showed them high (usually a Warlock problem), they took one Time Lapse.
There's no downside to DPS staying in for Time Lapses all the time. DPS is raised since even with the stun you're attacking longer, and the chances of a non-OT getting aggro are much less.

Quote:The oddity in the attempt that eventually became the kill was that I "ate" at least 4 Time Lapse breaths without getting stunned or loosing aggro. I've never heard about Time Laspe being resistable :o
This coincides with the aggro wipe from Time Lapse being back. It would give you a space of 4 extra minutes where no aggro wipe happened.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Time Lapse seems buggy again. Our last Chom fight was a TL one. We have melee eat all TL's, so on the second (Duck the first as you don't know what breath it is till you get it) I didn't get stunned, and got aggro in a hurry. All other TL's, I was stunned properly.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Time Lapse seems buggy again. Our last Chom fight was a TL one. We have melee eat all TL's, so on the second (Duck the first as you don't know what breath it is till you get it) I didn't get stunned, and got aggro in a hurry. All other TL's, I was stunned properly.

You can resist Time Lapse. It happens to me quite often, probably because I'm a priest with Unbreakable Will.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Congratulations!:)
Grats on the kill!

As for Time Lapse, last week our Chromaggus kill was Time Lapse and Acid as well, and I really didn't notice any change. Granted, we had a Druid tanking Chromaggus, and he generates more threat than god.
See you in Town,
-Z
We got Incinerate/Frost thingy this week and got him to 24% with 34 people, after clearing Razorgore to Flamegor in one evening. We are scared with our progress already and scared of Nef even more!

Everybody was hoping on Time Lapse again since we already know we can do it in "Hard Mode":P

As for Nefarian (hmm, I keep jumping ahead in my threads. I'll post "OMG we killed Hogger and then ask about C'thun next I think...):

The throne strategy has been recommended to us, apparently it's the thing to do. Whole raid on throne, warriors Battle Shout aggro etc.. We tried the Battle Shout tactic in ZG on the Raptor groups at Mandokir to see what would happen, we couldn't really hold aggro with the AQ book and the Qrath set bonus, is there something we are missing or will better group setup (pets in tankgroup) really make that much of a difference? I'm kind of worried a bit.

Input appreciated and thanks for the gratz guys.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:The throne strategy has been recommended to us, apparently it's the thing to do. Whole raid on throne, warriors Battle Shout aggro etc.. We tried the Battle Shout tactic in ZG on the Raptor groups at Mandokir to see what would happen, we couldn't really hold aggro with the AQ book and the Qrath set bonus, is there something we are missing or will better group setup (pets in tankgroup) really make that much of a difference? I'm kind of worried a bit.

For what it's worth, my guild uses the battle shout strategy and it seems to work well.

Having pets in the group does indeed help. For example if you have 3 hunter pets in range of the buff, you are getting an additional 60% threat (8 units buffed instead of 5).
My impression is that battle shout is not the best way to grab aggro when you have a lot of enemies - against a single enemy, it gives you the equivalent of a sunder each time, assuming four party members in proximity. Against many enemies, the battle shout aggro is split among them.

This is why a warrior can hold aggro on the caster emperor of the Twin Emperors, because there are only two aggroed mobs, ideally, so the warrior can spam battle shout over and over (on rage from shadow bolt damage).

Against many drakonids, I'm guessing you're going to want to use battle shout for initial aggro (when they're just getting out of a door), demoralizing shout (adds a fixed amount of threat to everything nearby), thunderclap (ditto), and good old fashioned sunders on selected enemies. A knowledgeable warrior observed to me that with several warriors assigned to mobs coming from each door (near and far), it makes sense to have them pick on every second or third mob, so each warrior is tanking some number of the overall pack.

We do use the Throne method.
I don't think aggro is split among enemies like that. As I understand it, if you perform an action that causes X points of threat, then your threat amount in the "hate list" of every mob that is aware of you goes up by X points of threat. Do you have a source for this idea of splitting threat?

It is true a warrior should mix in Demoralizing Shout or other abilities (for extra threat and to get the mobs' attention in the first place, adding himself to their hate lists).
http://evilempireguild.org/guides/kenco2.php suggests that:

Quote:Battle Shout generates 55 threat for each player that is buffed; up to 5 people in your party and their pets, as long as they are on the relevant mob's threat list. For example if you buff a player that is out of combat, no threat is generated. Therefore in a tightly packed group, Battle Shout can rival Sunder Armor for threat, but as a buff the threat is split amongst all the mobs that are aware of you. On the other hand, Demoralizing Shout gives 43 threat to each affected mob. As long as there are 6 or more mobs affected, it will hold aggro as well or better than Sunder Armor.