BC Beta: Broken Tooth removed since the last patch 2.0.0.6052 ?
I'm currently on the "Burning Crusade" beta (server "Nagrand"), and am playing a Blood Elf Huntress (currently level 37).

Level 37 is the level where a hunter may wish to tame the fast 1.0 attack speed cat "Broken Tooth", a rare cougar in the Badlands, as most people know. So, I took my copied level 60 Warlock three days ago (when the beta was still in patch 2.0.0.6046) and seached the three main spawn spots for "Broken Tooth". It took me five minutes to find him, because this is a beta test server where the Badlands are completely empty. You don't see any young hunters there camping for him, nor do you see level 60+ hunters, because those are already trying the new Outlands pets. My huntress, by the way, is the highest level new huntress on "Nagrand" at the moment, and able to tame him, so he should be always there unless some jerk decided to kill the most rare spawns possible on the BC beta servers;)

Three days ago, when my Warlock found "Broken Tooth", my Huntress was still level 34 though, so that I had to wait till yesterday when she reached 37. I logged in again with my Warlock to loacte "Broken Tooth" quickly, and to my surprise, he wasn't there anymore. The new patch 2.0.0.6052 was already active at that time. I thought it must have been just bad luck, and so I continued my search once every hour. 24 hours have been passed since then, and I've been looking for "Broken Tooth" in the whole Badlands now - not just the three known main spawn points - but he seems to be gone.

I'm asking myself if Blizzard removed him due to balance issues, but then they could simply normalize his speed once you've tamed him, can't they? A new pet model for "Broken Tooth" seems unlikely too, because he could still spawn with the old model in the meantime. Last but not least, they could have changed his spawn time significantly, but it seems rather unlikely as well in my opinion.

"Broken Tooth" is certainly the #1 anti-caster pet so far. If anyone here has any definitive info as to what happened to this pet, I'd be glad to know.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I've just found "Broken Tooth", and he's still alive and kicking in the "Burning Crusade" as you can see here:)

It took my over 24 hours though to find him on a test server with empty Badlands, so Blizzard might have changed his spawn time.

[Image: WoW_BC_Beta_Taming_Broken_Tooth.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:I've just found "Broken Tooth", and he's still alive and kicking in the "Burning Crusade" as you can see here:)

It took my over 24 hours though to find him on a test server with empty Badlands, so Blizzard might have changed his spawn time.

More likely a caster killed broken tooth so a hunter could get one. Casters do not like broken tooth at all because of the spell interrupt caused by the fast attack.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:More likely a caster killed broken tooth so a hunter could get one. Casters do not like broken tooth at all because of the spell interrupt caused by the fast attack.
Maybe, but then all level 60+ (PvP) hunters should already have that pet on the BC test servers:)
All this effort for some stupid cat. Everyone knows Zerglings are the best pets possible.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:All this effort for some stupid cat. Everyone knows Zerglings are the best pets possible.
Well, although I'm new to hunters, I think that both tanking as well as DPS pets like Broken Tooth are overrated. My new favorite is a plain and simple level 40 Longtooth Runner wolf from Feralas, who comes with Bite 6, Furious Howl 3 and Dash 2, all by default. I just had to teach him Growl 5 (requires zero training points). He attacks very fast (through Dash), does very nice damage (Bite and Furious Howl), has sufficient armor to survive adds, and he increases my damage through an initial Furious Howl before he starts to run and attack.
My hunter will be keeping his original pet. The first animal he tamed was a level 10 crab in Darkshore, named Rangoon. The two have since been inseparable.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:My hunter will be keeping his original pet. The first animal he tamed was a level 10 crab in Darkshore, named Rangoon. The two have since been inseparable.

My Hunter on Terenas tamed a Crocalisk first...named him Luggage... :whistling:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Isn't there some old saying about the first love being the best love? I can't see my alliance hunter getting rid of his first pet. He is named RealLife because, well... RealLife is a boar!:P
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Isn't there some old saying about the first love being the best love? I can't see my alliance hunter getting rid of his first pet. He is named RealLife because, well... RealLife is a boar!:P

Just for that... I'm going to fix pork chops tonight.

... That's really damned clever, though.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:More likely a caster killed broken tooth so a hunter could get one. Casters do not like broken tooth at all because of the spell interrupt caused by the fast attack.
It took Woad, my hunter, 24 hours to tame Broken Tooth. That's played time, not calendar time. Finding him was not so much the problem as finding him alive. I did skin him once just after I watched a mage kill him.

Woad's other pet is Mist Howler.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I just named mine TargetDummy...

And I agree on the overrated pets part, getting really boring watching every hunter with one of the 3-4 "uber" pets (the Rake, for example). The difference isn't THAT big to justify ignoring the numerous other types of pets around. Been ages since I've seen someone with an ape ;)
I have a raptor named "cat"...:P