New feature of the Meeting Stones
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=42585150&sid=1

Meeting Stones will now be able to be used to summon other group members to you. You need two people to do it but you can summon one group member at a time by using the stone.

So no, they won't be going away. They will have an added use.

The above is by a Blizz employee.

-A
Oh, the evil thoughts...

Two rogues. Stealth to the Ragefire Chasm meeting stone... summon raid.

Alliance sneak attack!

Same could go for the Stockades stone.

That's going to be a LOT of fun! :D
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Oh, the evil thoughts...

Alliance sneak attack!

I would imagine they would need channeling and a unstealthed rogue would draw guards.:D
Wow, that is going to be a lot of fun.:D(I'm pretty sure you could use the RFC stone without aggroing. Not so sure about the Stockades one.)

Also it's nice of blizzard to take the load off the locks. Now if they could only make the stones summon water.... :shuriken:
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:Oh, the evil thoughts...

Alliance sneak attack!

Yes, but I don't think 40 level 18 alliance will get very far inside of ogrimmar...
This'll make things all nice and convenient when you're trying to get to someplace in a hurry.

It'll also make it so that unless you're out levelling/farming/etc. in a non-instance zone, players will end up either in a major city or in the instance, never travelling directly in between, reducing the incidences of encounters along the road, and other such things. Granted, for the first little while most players will be levelling from 60-70, but what after that then? No running into old friends or enemies while you're riding to your destination. No saving the lowbie from the gank who you happen to run into while you ride by.

Putting the battlemasters into the cities had a similar effect. While it made things incredibly convenient for getting into BG's, and multiple ones at that, the actual BG entrances became dead, populated only by those who were there to pick up quests or items. Gone were the crowds who would be there dueling to pass the time. Gone were the battles between horde/alliance who were waiting in queue in the zone, as well as the /wave's or whatnot from/for those who you just had a good fight with last game as well.

More convenience, less social interaction.

Not sure if I entirely like it...
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Quote:Yes, but I don't think 40 level 18 alliance will get very far inside of ogrimmar...

Is there a reason to disregard 60s that I'm missing? Do the stones only summon within a certain level range?
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Is there a reason to disregard 60s that I'm missing? Do the stones only summon within a certain level range?

You can only use a meeting stone within the level range for the instance. If a 60 tries to click on the ragefire stone, (I think) nothing happens.
Quote:You can only use a meeting stone within the level range for the instance. If a 60 tries to click on the ragefire stone, (I think) nothing happens.

As they work now, that's correct. IIRC, it tells you that you are outside the level range for the instance.

--Mav
Nice! So, what do we need warlocks for now?

(Just kidding!)
Quote:Nice! So, what do we need warlocks for now?

To justify all the shadow priests that will be popping up:P
Quote:Nice! So, what do we need warlocks for now?

(Just kidding!)

Curse of Elements, of course.