WoW on 3 Screens
Found this tonight on Digg, thought I'd share for all you World of Warcraft junkies.

[Image: WOW_2_591.jpg]

There are plenty more images over at the Matrox Website advertising their Triplehead 2 Go card. Maybe those extra LCD monitors you were eyeing deserves a closer look :P

Cheers,

Munk
I actually had the game up spanning my two monitors, and it was way cool, but not playable (everything in the "middle" was right on top of the screen-to-screen boundary). 3 screens would actually work and would be really cool to play on.
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Bugger me, have you seen the screenies of Oblivion? I've already ordered mine!^_^
Quote:There are mods that move/change the viewport and thus define "where the middle" is. You can for example play full on one screen but place many addons on the second and such stuff. CT_Viewport from www.ctmod.net is one of these.

Yeah, I played around with the CT viewport, too. I'm sure I could get it to where I liked it, but when I reduced the viewport to one monitor (intending to use the other monitor for chat panes and combat log and stuff), it left the mini-map in the top right corner of the right monitor, which wasn't working for me. I'm sure it can be moved, but I didn't find it right away and didn't care enough to keep trying. :)
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Quote:Yeah, I played around with the CT viewport, too. I'm sure I could get it to where I liked it, but when I reduced the viewport to one monitor (intending to use the other monitor for chat panes and combat log and stuff), it left the mini-map in the top right corner of the right monitor, which wasn't working for me. I'm sure it can be moved, but I didn't find it right away and didn't care enough to keep trying. :)
There was a really good post on the old ui forums from a guy who used viewport and two monitors to do that. It took a fair bit of work it looked like, but the end result was pretty amazing. If I remember correctly he was using one of the hud mods and that was the only thing on the main monitor. Other monitor was filled with just about every bit of information that you could possibly want.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Sorry I am not a WoW player. Three monitors is awesome! However, I am confused about how three monitors differs from one. When you add the two monitors does the game fill in the screens with new images or does it "stretch" the regular single monitor image?
AFAIK (I've just got mine! Oblivion is awesome! Although a bit weird on the angles when you force the perspective), the video card just sees a single, very large monitor, in my case a 3840x1024 LCD. 3D games will actually draw more game, if they support widescreen resolutions. In Oblivion, for example, the 2D screens of the menu and loading are simply centered with large black areas to the sides (leaving the left and right monitors black), and in the 3D world you just see more world on the sides, with normal proportions and no stretching.

In principle, any 3D game that supports "normal", 16:9 resolutions should be fine with this gizmo. 2D games that fill the screen and look "stretched" in regular widescreens will look even moreso with this. But 3D world should be okay AFAIK. Check the compatibility list in the Matrox page for their game list, to get an idea:)If you have any game particularly in mind and I have it, I can give it a go and tell you.
Sounds awesome. Hopefully one day I can afford three nice monitors. I would love to have that set up. Looks like it is compatable with a lot of games.