Ac and CTH chart?
Can anyone give me a link to a list of what ac requirements you need for the different monsters. I also am looking for the same type of list but for cth. I remember seeing them in the past, just not when or where. Thanks a bunch in advance.
Here is the AC chart.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Can you explain why it is that you need more AC for the same monster on lower levels? That seems strange to me when I look at Blood Knight's on 13 compared to those on 16.

Is 385 AC Legit even attainable?

187+4 Awesome FPM of Precision
60+4 Gottur
60 Godly Tower Shield
5 Defender
18 Jewels of Perfection (6x3)
-------

Gives me 335, plus any inate from Dexterity. A Rogue can get an additional 50, but a Warrior could only get 12 and a Sorcerer 17.

So if I'm right, max legit AC is 388/350/355 respectively?

Sorry, I'm pretty bored. =D
Quote:Can you explain why it is that you need more AC for the same monster on lower levels? That seems strange to me when I look at Blood Knight's on 13 compared to those on 16.

Is 385 AC Legit even attainable?

187+4 Awesome FPM of Precision
60+4 Gottur
60 Godly Tower Shield
5 Defender
18 Jewels of Perfection (6x3)
-------

Gives me 335, plus any inate from Dexterity. A Rogue can get an additional 50, but a Warrior could only get 12 and a Sorcerer 17.

So if I'm right, max legit AC is 388/350/355 respectively?

Sorry, I'm pretty bored. =D

I think you're misreading the table. As I see it, the table states that your maximum useful Armor Class decreases as you go from 13->16. The reason for this is that, ignoring auto-hit, you need 400 AC to achieve a 0% hit rate vs. a Hell difficulty Blood Knight. However, auto-hit guarantees that on level 13, any rate less than 15% is raised to 15%, so getting more than 385 AC is unnecessary. Auto-hit would force the game to treat it as equivalent to 385 AC, effectively. On level 14, the auto-hit rate rises to 20%, so any AC above 380 is treated as though it were 380. Level 15 goes to auto-hit of 25%, and level 16 an auto-hit of 30%. Thus, while the dungeon level does not affect the AC required to achieve (or beat) a "0% hit rate" in the combat calculations, it does cause them to bound that rate at progressively higher values, which leads to there being progressively lower "maximum useful AC."

Jarulf's Guide v1.62 states that the maximum AC for warrior/rogue/sorceror in Diablo (not Hellfire) are: 349/385/350. The full table is on the foot of the page bearing the mark 7, though my viewer says it is actually page 12. Assuming his math is correct (I have not checked it), then a level 50 rogue wearing an ideal configuration could achieve the maximum useful Armor Class. Since I haven't checked his math, I can't tell you what configuration is ideal for achieving maximum AC.
Quote:Kp' date='Nov 12 2006, 01:29 PM' post='120398']
I think you're misreading the table. As I see it, the table states that your maximum useful Armor Class decreases as you go from 13->16. The reason for this is that, ignoring auto-hit, you need 400 AC to achieve a 0% hit rate vs. a Hell difficulty Blood Knight. However, auto-hit guarantees that on level 13, any rate less than 15% is raised to 15%, so getting more than 385 AC is unnecessary. Auto-hit would force the game to treat it as equivalent to 385 AC, effectively. On level 14, the auto-hit rate rises to 20%, so any AC above 380 is treated as though it were 380. Level 15 goes to auto-hit of 25%, and level 16 an auto-hit of 30%. Thus, while the dungeon level does not affect the AC required to achieve (or beat) a "0% hit rate" in the combat calculations, it does cause them to bound that rate at progressively higher values, which leads to there being progressively lower "maximum useful AC."

Jarulf's Guide v1.62 states that the maximum AC for warrior/rogue/sorceror in Diablo (not Hellfire) are: 349/385/350. The full table is on the foot of the page bearing the mark 7, though my viewer says it is actually page 12. Assuming his math is correct (I have not checked it), then a level 50 rogue wearing an ideal configuration could achieve the maximum useful Armor Class. Since I haven't checked his math, I can't tell you what configuration is ideal for achieving maximum AC.

Thank you, that makes it more clear.
Furthermore, a maximum AC needed of 385 AC is wrong. If you look at the bottom of the introduction, the AC you are supposed to compare it to is: displayed AC + 2*clvl. So the values in that table are based on the to-hit of the monters, not the stats of the character and therefore don't naturally take into account the character level.

BTW I have both AC And To-Hit tables on my site.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Aha! I knew I had seen it somewhere recently.