UI Mods
Quote:Prat is pretty large and bloated in its default configuration but it's easy to trim it down- there's a \modules folder under the Prat folder. Just delete the ones you don't want. My Prat modules folder consists of less than 10 modules, down from the 30+ you get by default. A warning though, if you use WowAceUpdater, you'll have to go and delete the unwanted modules every time Prat gets updated since it re-downloads the entire package.
I actually got off my behind and downloaded it yesterday. Spent a while struggling with the text commands before I noticed the minimap button (doh! :o ) and then pretty much went through most of the modules disabling them.:)(It seems that I'm the only person who plays WoW who actually wants chat buttons.)

I was under the impression that this would basically stop them using memory etc. (Actually, I was under the impression that was the case with all Ace mods.) Is that not the case?:(
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:I would be very interested in a mod that does this. I have thought of a similar idea, for example to tell apart gear, or to tell apart scrolls and recipes at a glance. Before TBC I used Transmogrifier, which allowed me to replace icons with more distinct ones, but it was tedious to set up alternate icons for everything.

If you could post the mod, or at least some relevant parts of the code that you use to do this, I would be most grateful. Thanks!

Well, I uploaded a snapshot of my current code to http://cot.freeshell.org/WoW/UIMods/Invent...bels-0.0.1b.zip. It's still in rough shape, and still needs a number of event and function hooks to relabel things properly when you open/close bags, but you can force a relabel at the moment by hitting the keybinding. The basic functionality's there; dynamics needs some work still.
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Quote:Well, I uploaded a snapshot of my current code to http://cot.freeshell.org/WoW/UIMods/Invent...bels-0.0.1b.zip. It's still in rough shape, and still needs a number of event and function hooks to relabel things properly when you open/close bags, but you can force a relabel at the moment by hitting the keybinding. The basic functionality's there; dynamics needs some work still.

Wow, thank you. I was curious how to do this, and I appreciate you sharing your code.
Thanks everyone, I've added some very nice ones from this thread.

I'd like to add a couple other standouts that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread:

TrinketMenu -- automatically rotates your trinkets when you leave combat when they are on cooldown. It allows for different saved profiles so I can have sets of trinkets for heal gear and for DPSing. This helps squeeze extra DPS/healing as you go from fight to fight. I find it most useful for DPS. (btw thanks to Frost for pointing me at this one)

GMail -- a direct code ripoff of CTMailMod. Since I don't use CT anything anymore, but I still want mass mail... I haven't looked at the FuBar mail plugin yet, will likely switch to that. But since I saw at least two people in the thread mention they still use CT primarily because of the mail mod, I wanted to add this option.

Quote:GMail -- a direct code ripoff of CTMailMod. Since I don't use CT anything anymore, but I still want mass mail... I haven't looked at the FuBar mail plugin yet, will likely switch to that. But since I saw at least two people in the thread mention they still use CT primarily because of the mail mod, I wanted to add this option.
I would suggest Postal instead - GMail is a "dead" mod that will not be getting any more updates. Postal offers an improved mass mail algorithm anyway.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I wouldn't mind a mail-mod that would let me booby-trap mail and send seaforium charges (or an arcane bomb or two) back to gold spammers so the next time they use their mailbox they explode in a glorious fountain of blood, bones and poorly worded gold-ad-grammar.
That would be completely awesome.
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]
I've been using Perl-X Frames and been liking them quite a bit. Good deal more complex than Perl Classic_Frames, but the additional complexity is worth it.

We also use RDX, but I've never bothered to set it up.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:I've been using Perl-X Frames and been liking them quite a bit. Good deal more complex than Perl Classic_Frames, but the additional complexity is worth it.

I'm a DUF addict. Can't stand the standard unit frames and I don't like Perl or ag_UF, so I still use DUF.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I've heard people raving about Pit Bull unit frames, but haven't tried it out myself.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Quote:I've heard people raving about Pit Bull unit frames, but haven't tried it out myself.

It's still relatively new. I've tried switching over twice. The first time it was very buggy. The second time, the only thing that stopped me is I can't figure out the layout .lua enough to resize the combo points.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I recently got the mobmap addon and it has saved me so much time questing. Basically, it is a database like wowhead or thottbot, but in addon form. Since wow slows down my computer so much when I alt-tab its almost impossible to look anything up on the internet while playing wow.

The features I like best:

-Plug in the name of an npc and it will put a dot on the ingame map(and coordinates) of that npc
-Give you quest info and show quest chains
-Say you want to buy some apples for your cooking skill, just enter in the name of the apples and it will come up with all the vendors who sell em
-If you're looking for a quest item, it will tell you which mobs drop it and their approximate probability of dropping it AND where the monsters spawn/roam.

In addition to the addon, you have to download a database that has all the info in it. I've used it for a month or so and haven't had any problems with it(no keyloggers).

http://www.mobmap.de/

-Ell_man
-Ell_man
Quote:-Plug in the name of an npc and it will put a dot on the ingame map(and coordinates) of that npc

I tried this out last night -- I could never get it to put anything on the map. I also have Cartographer -- could that be screwing it up?

It does me no good to tell me the quest NPC I am looking for is in Netherstorm... I already knew that, I wanted a dot on the map.