The Dark Forums
Due to some problems my internet provider had, my semi-permanent ip-address isn't as permanent as I would have liked. Hence the change in the address of the forums.

The new address is: http://78pc209.sshunet.nl/forum/default.asp
[Image: Zamal.gif]
Ahh, at last !
I'm still working on Diablo, and you forum missed me.
Quote:Ahh, at last !
I'm still working on Diablo, and you forum missed me.

Man, I wondered what the hell happened. Now I know:D.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Is TD played at all over Hamachi? If so, I'd love to play with you sometime, but I'd need the server name and password. If you don't, I think that you should look into it. The servers are incredibly easy to set up and work great as LAN emulation. I play Starcraft and other games with friends from school all of the time now.

Thanks.
Quote:Is TD played at all over Hamachi? If so, I'd love to play with you sometime, but I'd need the server name and password. If you don't, I think that you should look into it. The servers are incredibly easy to set up and work great as LAN emulation. I play Starcraft and other games with friends from school all of the time now.

Thanks.

Okay, I've created a Diablo channel on Hamachi, for regular Diablo or even any other mods that people might use. Basically, it creates an emulation of a LAN so that you can play without Battle.net, which makes it perfect for mods. It's also really easy to use. http://www.hamachi.cc/download/

Channel Name: LegitDiablo
Password: Jarulf

I think that this will enable legits to play together much more easily than otherwise, and we can chat and host games quickly and simply. I'd ask anyone that still plays to give it a shot, the download is only about a megabyte.
Quote:Okay, I've created a Diablo channel on Hamachi, for regular Diablo or even any other mods that people might use. Basically, it creates an emulation of a LAN so that you can play without Battle.net, which makes it perfect for mods. It's also really easy to use. http://www.hamachi.cc/download/

Channel Name: LegitDiablo
Password: Jarulf

I think that this will enable legits to play together much more easily than otherwise, and we can chat and host games quickly and simply. I'd ask anyone that still plays to give it a shot, the download is only about a megabyte.

I haven't gotten hamachi to work very often. The last time I tried playing a HF game with KingPetre, and we ran into an old problem. We could see each others' games through the IPX option, but it would never allow us to join. This lasted for some time even after doing all the tricks to get it to function properly, such as only activating the IPX protocol for the virtual Hamachi adapter. You can read more about setting up games through hamachi at the dark forums, here:

Running with Hamachi

Another Hamachi thread

It is also worth noting that the thread mentions existing networks the Dark/Diablo players have. Also, one thing I have noticed about Hamachi is even if it shows someone "online", there is no way to tell what games are being played. The other users could not even be playing a game - the only way to check is to run diablo and look at the IPX game list. And even if there is none, is it possible the reason is connection issues, or are they doing something else or just plain AFK? Or what if they are playing hellfire or another mod - or even a game aside from diablo entirely?
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:I haven't gotten hamachi to work very often. The last time I tried playing a HF game with KingPetre, and we ran into an old problem. We could see each others' games through the IPX option, but it would never allow us to join. This lasted for some time even after doing all the tricks to get it to function properly, such as only activating the IPX protocol for the virtual Hamachi adapter. You can read more about setting up games through hamachi at the dark forums, here:

Running with Hamachi

Another Hamachi thread

It is also worth noting that the thread mentions existing networks the Dark/Diablo players have. Also, one thing I have noticed about Hamachi is even if it shows someone "online", there is no way to tell what games are being played. The other users could not even be playing a game - the only way to check is to run diablo and look at the IPX game list. And even if there is none, is it possible the reason is connection issues, or are they doing something else or just plain AFK? Or what if they are playing hellfire or another mod - or even a game aside from diablo entirely?

For your first issue, I've yet to have the opportunity to attempt to play with anyone. For the second, however, people should only be online and have their status as "Active" if they are playing. They can sign off of the Diablo network independently of any other servers that they may use Hamachi for. Also, Hamachi allows instant messaging, so there should never be much difficulty in figuring out if someone is there.