WoW 2.0 Macro Guide
I haven't seen this posted here yet. Macros will be FAR more powerful with WoW 2.0. They will, of course, be subject to the limitations the designers are enforcing with UI Mods as far as dynamic combat decisions.

That said, there is a LOT of static decision making power made easy. For example, you will no longer be able to make a spell choice based on (just examples):
  • Health level<>
  • Mana level<>
  • Existence of buff/debuff<>
    [st]but you WILL be able to make a spell choice based on (again just examples):
    • Whether in Combat<>
    • Whether target is friendly<>
    • What stance you are in<>
    • What pet you have out<>
      [st]
      There are also ways to make boolean combinations based on these criteria as well.

There are new capabilities to determine if a mouse was used to click the macro, and if so, what button was used. There is a new command to cast a predefined sequence of spells (I need to see how this works).

In short, it looks like a lot of the capabilities of mods like DAB and Flexbar can now be done with simple macros.

As there are a number of very informative posts in this thread, visiting it will be more useful than looking at what I'm putting in, but here is just the first post from the following thread:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...ageNo=1&sid=1#0

Quote:(Author's Note: WoW 2.0 is still in Beta, and as such, these options can change at any time.)

In WoW 2.0, macros and addons will drastically change. Recently, Slouken announced an exciting new addition to the functionality of macros in WoW 2.0, a set of conditional options for the /cast, /use, /target, /focus, /assist, /stopmacro, /cancelaura, /userandom, /castrandom, and /castsequence slash commands. This post is intended to be a "How-To" guide on using them.

NOTE: While most of the examples given are done using '/cast', these options are available to all the slash commands listed above.

Understand that most current macros will be obsolete in 2.0. Just about anything using CastSpellByName() or TargetUnit() will be non-functional in combat. In addition, most 'dumb logic' macros will not work either. However, you can now replicate the functionality of many popular macros with these new Macro Options.

Currently, using '/cast' is very simple. The command format is '/cast <spellname>' (which casts the highest rank of the listed spell), or '/cast <spellname>(Rank <#>)'. Some examples:

/cast Greater Heal
      /cast Arcane Intellect(Rank 3)

In the new system, this format still works just the same, however you can now add options to give more flexibility to your /cast statements. The new command format for '/cast' is: '/cast [<first set of options>] <first spellname>; [<second set of options>] <second spellname> ; [<third set of options>] <third spellname>; ...

The way a macro works now is like this: The first set of options is checked. If they are true, then the first spell is cast. If they are false, the next set of options is evaluated, and if true, the next spell is cast, and so on. However, you must keep in mind that only one spell will be cast. As soon as a set of options evaluates to true, the game will cast the corresponding spell, and that line of the macro will be done.

The current options available to players are:
      # help - Evaluates 'true' if target is friendly

# harm - Evaluates 'true' if target is hostile

# combat - Evaluates 'true' if you are in combat.

# stance or stance:# - Evaluates 'true' if you are in a stance, or are in a particular stance (see below)

# stealth - Evaluates 'true' if you are stealthed.

# modifier or modifier:shift|ctrl|alt - Evaluates 'true' if the selected key is held down when the command is executed.

# equipped:<item> - Evaluates 'true' if item is equipped. Item can be any valid inventory slot, item class or item subclass.

# target=<unit> - Special option. It changes the target from the default of "target" to any valid unitid. (see below)

# actionbar:<number> - Evaluates 'true' if the current actionbar is the same as the listed one.

NEW OPTIONS:
      # pet:<pet type OR pet name> - Evaluates 'true' if the pet exists. Takes pet type (Owl, Bear, Imp) or pet name (Fluffy, MrBigglesworth). With no modifier (i.e. just [pet]) it evaluates 'true' if ANY pet exists.

# mounted, swimming, flying - Evaluates 'true' if you are mounted, swimming, or flying, respectively.

# indoors, outdoors - Evaluates 'true' if you are indoors or outdoors, respectively.

# button:<#> - Evaluates 'true' if the selected button was used to 'click' the spell, defaults to 1 (see below).

# channeling:<spell> - Evaluates true if you are channeling the spell listed. With no spell listed, it evaluates true if any spell is being channeled.

# exists and dead - Evaluates true if your target is dead, or actually exists.

New Macro Command
      ---------------------------
      /castsequence - Casts a predetermines set of spells in sequence (See Below)
      # show <spell>- Shows macro feedback for the listed spell

Some additional tricks you can do with the options:
      You can add 'no' to the beginning of any option (except target) to invert it, i.e. 'nocombat' will only work if you are NOT in combat.
      Seperating options with a comma ',' will act like an 'and' statement; if both options are true, it executes.
      Seperating options with a slash '/' will act like an 'or' statement; if either option is true, it executes.
      Selecting the '?' Icon in the Macro Editor will force the macro to present the icon of the current spell that spell feedback is being given for.
A very useful link, thanks vor_lord. My anticipated patch-day stress levels just went way down.:)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink