Question about shift-C key binding
[Image: combatkey.jpg]

One thing that bugs me since the Open beta back then, what does this key binding really do?

My first thought was that it would toggle between general chat and combat log. Bringing the combat log in front of the others and back. However that never worked for me. So what is it really for?

Another thing, although only minor related, why is it that extra chat windows disappear? I usually create a window where I can monitor my healing and spell damage output. Sometimes these windows are just gone, even with locked chat settings.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:Another thing, although only minor related, why is it that extra chat windows disappear? I usually create a window where I can monitor my healing and spell damage output. Sometimes these windows are just gone, even with locked chat settings.

That's a bug that you can stop by unchecking the "auto-join guild recruitment channel" in the interface options. Once I remember to uncheck it with all my characters, the chat windows disappearing never pops up again.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:That's a bug that you can stop by unchecking the "auto-join guild recruitment channel" in the interface options. Once I remember to uncheck it with all my characters, the chat windows disappearing never pops up again.
Oh, that's good to know. I have that issue all the time, even though all my characters are guilded. I shall make the adjustment and see if that helps.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Quote:That's a bug that you can stop by unchecking the "auto-join guild recruitment channel" in the interface options. Once I remember to uncheck it with all my characters, the chat windows disappearing never pops up again.
Hey Treesh:)

I just reactivated my account on... Saturday? (I'm in a kind of illness haze)

Anyway, the "auto-join guild recruitment channel" option was unchecked by default. So, despite being a bug, maybe we won't have to go out of our way to avoid it by unchecking the option on every character. Oh, and this was the case for both brand new and very old characters.
The error occurred on line -1.
I'm not sure, Arnulf. Maybe it toggles whether the text logger turns on and off? There's a command option that spits your combat log out to a text file on your computer. I think it's /combatlog or something like that. Maybe shift-C is a shortcut to turn it on and off. The text file log is useful for parsing and and analyzing testing data.
Thank you, the guild recruitment autojoin really seems to be the culprit. Although I have no idea why. Thanks, Treesh.

As for the other, MJ's idea of a log file sounds plausible. I did a half-hearted search, but if anything, I cannot locate that ominous file.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!