PS3 versus taco
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=c...d=4241&Itemid=2

Quote:Trade Your PS3 for Lifetime Taco Supply
Some gamers will be torn between two loves, as fast food chain Taco Bell wants to give one gamer free tacos for life… in exchange for a new PlayStation 3.
ImageIn perhaps the best offer since The Simpsons’ “hundred tacos for a hundred dollars” deal, Taco Bell will reward $12,500 in Taco Bell Bucks to the first person who trades in his or her PS3 to the Mexican-style fast food chain.

But this isn’t just about some taco tycoon snagging a hard-to-find PS3. Taco Bell and Taco Bell Foundation intend on giving the PS3 to the Stanton, California teen center of the Boys & Girls Club.

The first one to send his or her name, e-mail and phone number to tacobellnews@tacobell.com about the offer will receive the Taco Bell Bucks, which are redeemable at store locations. The restaurant did warn that whoever receives the Bucks is responsible for payment of any taxes that would be incurred.

“The PlayStation 3 is on every teen’s holiday wish list,” said Bob Fulmer, executive director of the non-profit Taco Bell Foundation. “That’s why we’re offering one lucky individual tacos for life in exchange for giving Boys & Girls Club teens a gift that will keep them in the game.”

The offer expires December 1 at 6 p.m. PST.

And for those curious, $12,500 will get you around 20,000 of Taco Bell's basic tacos, or about a taco a day for the next 54 years.

I'd take the tacos. I love Taco Bell's mild sauce on day-old cold tacos.

>I'd take the tacos.

I would too. And I don't even really like their tacos. But lifetime + 'free' tacos = win. And it's not a bad cause to donate either, I mean maybe it's just me but in the space of 54 years there will be yet another line up and hoopla about PS(insert number here). But tacos are tacos!

Too bad about the tax part. And hopefully there won't be a taco bucks inflation.
Quote:>I'd take the tacos.

I would too. And I don't even really like their tacos. But lifetime + 'free' tacos = win. And it's not a bad cause to donate either, I mean maybe it's just me but in the space of 54 years there will be yet another line up and hoopla about PS(insert number here). But tacos are tacos!

Too bad about the tax part. And hopefully there won't be a taco bucks inflation.

Hell, sell the TBB at face value or even half face vaule and you'll make out better than anyone did on EBay...
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Hell, sell the TBB at face value or even half face vaule and you'll make out better than anyone did on EBay...

Well, the top PS3 presalethat I saw on ebay went for $9,100. Taco Bell is offering 12,500 Taco Bell Bucks, but the winner is responsible for taxes on the prize. I think the PS3 seller did fairly well...

(Most of the ebay presales only went for 2-3000 though)
Quote:Well, the top PS3 presalethat I saw on ebay went for $9,100. Taco Bell is offering 12,500 Taco Bell Bucks, but the winner is responsible for taxes on the prize. I think the PS3 seller did fairly well...

(Most of the ebay presales only went for 2-3000 though)

Highest sale I heard of was 15k. Second highest was 12k.

Tacos rule!
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Tacos rule!

Not over burrito's they don't.
Quote:Not over burrito's they don't.

So, would you say you're a John Kerry fan?

(If you don't get it, I probably can't explain it. I'm stretching a joke as it is.)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Highest sale I heard of was 15k. Second highest was 12k.

I saw some insane completed eBay auctions for PS3s, but I refuse to believe that anyone actually forked over the money for them until I see some kind of proof. I'm betting that the "buyers" were just screwing around to see how high they could drive prices up and then bailed out when they "won" the auctions.

I can see $2k - $3k, but nothing more.
I would definitely take the tacos. By the time a second non-crappy PS3-exclusive game comes out (I'll admit that Resistance: Fall of Man looks farking awesome) you'll be able to buy a PS3 for normal price.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Or two friends who were trying to raise the price of the machines on ebay before they sold any "actual" ones.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:I saw some insane completed eBay auctions for PS3s, but I refuse to believe that anyone actually forked over the money for them until I see some kind of proof. I'm betting that the "buyers" were just screwing around to see how high they could drive prices up and then bailed out when they "won" the auctions.

I can see $2k - $3k, but nothing more.

This is possible, but looking at some of the bidding histories can be interesting. The $9100 one that I saw had many bids from different people on it, but a very early bid of $9100 was the winner. Now, you could say that perhaps the early 9100 bid was fake, but the several bids near the end of the auction in the 5-8K range tend to make me think that people were willing to pay many thousand for it, if not the full $9100.

Of course that could of just been to fool watchers...

The Man with the Taco Belly replies:

Don't take the tacos. I've had hundreds of the damn things, even cold with mild sauce on them, and I can tell you truly, from the heart of my bottom, that they are only half a step above manure.

Does Taco Bell use Grade A beef for its ground beef? Nope. Grade B? Nope. C++? Response.Reply.Nope. Surely it must use at least Grade C- beef for its loyal customers. Nope. (..and don't call me Surely)

Taco Bell's ground beef is Grade D.

Once I knew that fact, I started paying attention to the beef part of my tacos, and no indeed, it's not very good beef. Evidently they use Grade D to keep the prices down, to keep people coming.

However! ... it sounds like the PS3 person doesn't have to take it in ground beef tacos, they get $TB, which is horsemeat of a different color! You can get chicken or "steak" which are both yummy. In fact whenever Taco Bell has spicy chicken mmmmmm I try mmmmm to get my mmmmm Neville Longbottom mmm out to a TB and mmmm get me some! mmmmm mm! And some food too...

-V
VP of Dining and Banquets
The Forsaken Inn
Facilities Available For Your Event
"Try our marsh mushrooms! They're wild!"
Quote:The Man with the Taco Belly replies:

Don't take the tacos. I've had hundreds of the damn things, even cold with mild sauce on them, and I can tell you truly, from the heart of my bottom, that they are only half a step above manure.

Does Taco Bell use Grade A beef for its ground beef? Nope. Grade B? Nope. C++? Response.Reply.Nope. Surely it must use at least Grade C- beef for its loyal customers. Nope. (..and don't call me Surely)

Taco Bell's ground beef is Grade D.

I know all of this and it doesn't stop me from enjoying Taco Bell. They could be using ground beef anuses mixed with entrails and I would still buy them. They are tasty.

Last week I bought their 10 tacos for $10 deal, and I ate them all within 24 hours. Cold, with mild sauce :wub:
Sadly . . . you are not far off, I'm sure . . .

Quote:They could be using ground beef anuses mixed with entrails ...

I don't eat them any more, but I let my kids eat them. EAT YOUR ANUSES, BOY! I ET EM ALL UP WHEN I WAS YER AGE, NOW IT'S YOR TURN!

[sic][sick][sic]

I know you have all probably seen it, but I am required to post this.

Dave Does Taco Bell

I just saw it for the first time myself. I don't really think it's all that funny, but I thought the part about the "stomach flu" was kinda appropriate given recent events. Not that e coli is the same bug.
I believe Taco Bell wrote a famous piece of music known as the Cannon.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
F for Van! Not that I eat beef from any establishment, but here's what Snopes has to day about Grade D beef.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Sadly, an F for trusting a teacher to be accurate.

An F for trusting my spouse to be factually accurate. (She is the teacher.)

She is prone to exaggeration, so I usually take what she says with a grain of salt, or sometimes most of the shaker when a story has been retold many times.

But this time I took what she said, because the parents of one of our kid's classmates own a Taco Bell franchise. They took the class (including aforementioned spouse as chaperone) on a field trip to show them how tacos are made. Well, Mrs. V told me about it that night. In one breath she gave a quick rundown of how the kids liked the field trip and what they saw and Taco Bell uses Grade D beef.

So you see how I could have believed her this time. It really sounded like she was passing on something she learned during her field trip.

But, alas, she has burned me again with her mixture of fact and fantasy. (Usually the mixture is something like "I've been asking you for MONTHS to blah blah blah..." whereas I remember it as one time a week ago.)

Of course, if I am to bring up this Grade D thing, she will accuse me of calling her crazy. Just because her sense of time has a different scale than the rest of the universe, she has imaginary conversations ("I TOLD you about this last week!"), and, again, can't discern reality from fantasy. (Another fantasy fact: all the other wives are married to husbands (true) who actually give them caring, emotional support EVERY DAY (definitely NOT true).)

Anyway, don't feel that my spousal complaints are my way of absolving responsibility for my inaccuracy. No, I take full responsibility for erring in the veracity of what my wife says, I should have known better, and I will not allow myself to believe what my wife says ever again.

Thanks for setting me straight.

-V