Found a copy of Hellfire but it won't install.
Greetings Lurkers!

I came across some old games by chance and I am now the proud owner of Worms Armageddon and Diablo Hellfire:w00t:. There is just one problem with this stroke of luck, the games won't install on my PC! Windows XP keeps spouting out some crap about 16bit subsystems. I have a screenshot of the error it keeps giving me, can anyone tell me how to get around this problem? I have never had this problem with any of my other old games, what is going on here?

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Try running the installer in Win95 compatibility mode and see what happens.
I installed Hellfire with XP without problem. You probably don't care, but you now know it's possible.

I surely skipped the autorun, and used the install.exe (or whatever its name).
Greetings Lurkers!

I still can't get Hellfire to work, nothing suggested thus far works and I have no idea what to try next. Might this be a windows problem? And if so is there a fix or a patch of some sorts for said problem?

NoMaD

EDIT: My autoexec.nt file was missing, I have fixed this problem. My thanks go out to those who lent me their thoughts on this matter.
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Quote:Greetings Lurkers!

I came across some old games by chance and I am now the proud owner of Worms Armageddon and Diablo Hellfire:w00t:. There is just one problem with this stroke of luck, the games won't install on my PC! Windows XP keeps spouting out some crap about 16bit subsystems. I have a screenshot of the error it keeps giving me, can anyone tell me how to get around this problem? I have never had this problem with any of my other old games, what is going on here?

NoMaD
Go here http://78pc209.sshunet.nl/forum/forum_po...ID=45&PN=1 and follow the instructions. The subject of the post is specifically about the Dark Mod but is equally applicable to ordinary Hellfire. It permits you to put Hellfire on your computer without using Sierra utilites. You would skip steps 4 and 5 if you did not specifically want to play The Dark.
Quote:Go here http://78pc209.sshunet.nl/forum/forum_po...ID=45&PN=1 and follow the instructions. The subject of the post is specifically about the Dark Mod but is equally applicable to ordinary Hellfire. It permits you to put Hellfire on your computer without using Sierra utilites. You would skip steps 4 and 5 if you did not specifically want to play The Dark.

Hi Thenryb,

Good to see you my friend, I hit the BIG 65 today Nov 30th, I'm still in Shock not sure if I'm 65 years Young or 65 years Old. :wub:

I killed Diablo 2 nights ago Solo. I have a Warrior King Jim lv 28 & a Monk Grasshopper lv 17, I play The Dark 5.3 on Kali there are about 4 of us playing The Dark 5.3...come Die with Me :P

Happy Holidays,
Jim

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Quote:Hi Thenryb,

Good to see you my friend, I hit the BIG 65 today Nov 30th, I'm still in Shock not sure if I'm 65 years Young or 65 years Old. :wub:

I killed Diablo 2 nights ago Solo. I have a Warrior King Jim lv 28 & a Monk Grasshopper lv 17, I play The Dark 5.3 on Kali there are about 4 of us playing The Dark 5.3...come Die with Me :P

Happy Holidays,
Jim

Hi,

I had this same problem, my comp got Hacked so I did a HD Format & reinstalled my windows XP Pro. I also installed Diablo 1 :wub: and a voice told me to try Hellfire again, I did and it loaded :)

Good Luck & Happy Holidays,
King Jim

Quote:Hi Thenryb,

Happy Holidays,
Jim
Hiya KJ-great to see you are playing some Dark. Are you in the games with Zenda and Arthur Dent? I keep meaning to get back to that myself!
Hi,

I play with both Zenda & Arthur, there are a few more playing besides them, The Dark as always, is Major FUN!!! :w00t:

Hi Tom,

What is the Password...it's Thru 6pm your in a HF 1.01 game, Wish I were in :P

Quote:Hi Tom,

What is the Password...it's Thru 6pm your in a HF 1.01 game, Wish I were in :P
Hi KJ. I sent you an email about that game (just saw this post this AM). Attika and I are trying a two player IM game with Monk and Bard.
Hi,

I changed my email address & sent you a PM here at LL.

Since it is a IM game I will wait till you start a new one.

I'm starting a Warrior Living off the Land [LoL] The Dark 5.3 since Diablo is dead & WoW BC will not be released till Jan 2007 :w00t: