Madonna and Child
Let me see back in 2000 we thought...

Quote:QUESTION: Ms. Reno, what are your thoughts on the Gonzalez matter, now that it's finally dissolved?

RENO: You think back over -- I was in Miami and I looked at a copy of The Herald the day he -- reporting on how he was pulled from the water. And I thought, what a remarkable little boy and what a sad situation, a tragedy. And it's a mixture of so many different things: a little boy who lost his mother, a country that is not free. It is one of the few countries that is not a democratic nation in this hemisphere. It's a story of families that have disagreements. It is a story of so much of human life. And yet, in the end, he is with his father, and I am glad of that. I just wish he were with his father in a democratic, free country.

And now, Madonna can go over to Africa, line up the candidates, then "adopt" a boy who lost his mother but still has a father and relatives in Malawi.

Madonna's adopted baby's father tells how he was powerless to stop her

So my question is... Why not just set up a million dollar fund for the boy and his father? Do you think the yearly interest on that fund would be enough to allow them to live better in Malawi? Or, hey! How about she bring the father on over to Britain as a part of her entourage? Won't she need a babysitter/minder for the children? Should we be happy that this boy has been plucked from the evils of poverty, only to be thrust into the evils of wretched excess?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Let me see back in 2000 we thought...
And now, Madonna can go over to Africa, line up the candidates, then "adopt" a boy who lost his mother but still has a father and relatives in Malawi.

Madonna's adopted baby's father tells how he was powerless to stop her

So my question is... Why not just set up a million dollar fund for the boy and his father? Do you think the yearly interest on that fund would be enough to allow them to live better in Malawi? Or, hey! How about she bring the father on over to the USA as a part of her entourage? Won't she need a babysitter/minder for the children? Should we be happy that this boy has been plucked from the evils of poverty, only to be thrust into the evils of wretched excess?
Since she now practices the Kaballah, she nees little babies to eat. Note how the stories have expressed her interest only in little boys to adopt? :blink: She's a witch, burn her!

*ducks*

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:*ducks*

Indeed, a duck is needed to see if she's a witch or not!
Quote:Indeed, a duck is needed to see if she's a witch or not!
To the larder scales!

Ni! :lol:

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
I can testify that Madonna turned me into a newt!

I got better.

(—Not a better newt, mind you. I'm a terrible newt now.)
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
The saga continues... There may be hope for reuniting David with his father.

Maddona custody challenged

I'm not sure why people view this differently than Elian Gonzales. The boy should be with his family in his homeland if possible. If Madonna cares, she should donate a bundle of money to David's village and father to make his life more bearable. The one difference I see is that Elian's mother sacrificed her life to bring her boy the the US to have a better life, while David was more like chosen during a shopping trip.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:The saga continues... There may be hope for reuniting David with his father.

Maddona custody challenged

I'm not sure why people view this differently than Elian Gonzales.
It's not America.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Quote:I'm not sure why people view this differently than Elian Gonzales. The boy should be with his family in his homeland if possible. If Madonna cares, she should donate a bundle of money to David's village and father to make his life more bearable.

According to Madonna interviews, she actually gave the father that option. Whether she really did offer him a bundle of money or not, it seems clear that he understood what he was doing when he relinquished custody, and felt he was giving his kid an opportunity at a better life. Unless *he* decides it was a mistake and seeks custody, I'd say the human rights should butt out. Surely there are worse human tragedies in the world than a wealthy woman fast-tracking an adoption.
Quote:Surely there are worse human tragedies in the world than a wealthy woman fast-tracking an adoption.
You mean like most of Africa? Choose almost any nation there and you will find human tragedy. Is the solution to Africa's problems to traffic the children off to wealthier nations? I'm more outraged by the double standard of sending Elian Gonzales back to Cuba, where the argument of keeping a boy with his family and culture are only used when its politically expedient.

I would think that a person of means, like Madonna, would consider something with a broader impact. I respect what Sting is doing, or I look at Audrey Hepburn and her work with UNICEF, and I even respect what Angelina Jolie is doing with UNHCR. Madonna's press machine went into gear in August touting her trip last October and all she was going to do to help Malawi, and from what I've seen she's used her money and influence to fast track saving one boy (if you consider living with Madonna a saving). I'm just thinking that a direct donation of money to Doctors Without Borders would be more effective and more humanitarian. Meanwhile, over in Darfur under the tacit approval of Sudan, the Janjaweed kill more in their mounting death toll of 350,000 people.

When I see the daily news all I learn about is how many dozen Iraqis were killed by other Iraqis.

Sudan in USA Today. But I could find nothing in the NYTimes. I hope Africa is getting some attention in Europe, because its no where on the news radar here in the States.