Beta Thoughts from a Marksman Snob
So...I got my mitts on a copy of the beta, and have been playing away almost ever since. So here are some of my thoughts.

For grinding/levelling, Marks is pretty viable. I'm finding that Aimed and Multi do about as much damage as they used to, with Aimed critting for a little less. Say in the 1800-2500 area. I've had Multi crit for 1100-1600. Pretty much what it does now. The big kicker and the thing that is really hard to get used to/see is Arcane shot. It's average hit now is in the 550-650 area, and it's critting in the same range as Multi.

For single mob grinding, I usually open up with an Aimed, Multi, Arcane, and by the time the mob gets to me (I'm fighting lvl 58-61 mobs) it's pretty much over.

However, that's a pretty mana intensive way to grind. I find that doing that, I go dry about every...7-8 mobs or so. The mobs drop and you can buy water (5/15s) that return 5100 mana over 30s. If you don't mind spending money, no problems.

If you don't want to spend the money, I've found that Ghost can hold the mob pretty well if I send her in first and let her get off a Growl. She's been holding pretty easily against an Aimed opener, then just Arcane addin's when the cooldown is up. When I start adding in Multi, she can hold for longer than she can in WoW live, but I'll still peel it off.

Our overall damage seems about the same, but I have no Recap/DM to check. I feel like I'm hitting harder and faster, so I probably am, though. I also seem to crit a lot more than I do currently in Live. I have a feeling once I do some further refinements and get the feel of things down better (as well as get Steady Shot) that the damage will level out nicely.

A few nice, unmentioned changes. Aimed Shot now has a cast bar. This is pretty handy for manually casting Furious Howl.

Hunter's Mark has a pretty snazzy new graphic.

There is 22 DPS bullets/arrows buyable almost immediately after entering the Outlands. They are very shiny. Wink They cost 14s/stack.

There seem to be world PvP objectives in every zone (3) that I've been to so far. The Horde always seems to be in control of them...

The quests are fun, and interesting. Even the "kill x of y" and the "collect x of y" style quests.

I miss my mods. I hardly use any, and I miss them. I find that I miss CTRA most of all, as I like it's Unit Frames function for adding my health/mana to my bars, as well as the enemies. I like being able to move my buffs from the top to the sidebar. I also very much miss the ability to move my bags to where I want them, or the PET BAR where I want it. But most of these will be solved after the mod makers have their way. Might want to start paring down some of your mods if you heavily use them, though.

Gear: I've found nothing so far that I've replaced my current rig with. =D However, it's very clear that Blizz wants those who have not been raiding for the last year to catch up VERY quickly. Quests that take 5-10 minutes to complete reward MC-ish level gear. If I'd come into TBC in Scholo blues and greens, I probably could have been wearing new stuff inside of 3 hours (figure for travel time and the "new, cool!" factor.)

New Stuff: I rolled up a Dranei hunter and ran her around for a few levels. After you get around the premise that gets the Dranei to Azeroth...it's a pretty cool starting area. I don't know how much more exploring I'll do there. I kind of want to save levelling a Dranei for when it matters in Live.

I watched Meg create and play around with the Blood Elves. Their starting area is very pretty, and has some awesome music. She was taken with them, and I have a feeling I'll be losing her Horde Side when Live rolls around. Smile

I tried to find some Marksman hunter stuff to take screenies of, but wasn't able. So I figured I'd give the Casters and Tanks a treat this time around. Enjoy...
[Image: TankTrink.jpg]
[Image: CasterTrink.jpg]
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:There is 22 DPS bullets/arrows buyable almost immediately after entering the Outlands.
Also buyable in IF (and I assume also in all other capitals.)