Zomg Flying Mounts
[Image: gryphon1.jpg][Image: gryphon2.jpg][Image: gryphon3.jpg]
[Image: gryphons1.jpg]
[Image: gryphons2.jpg]

For those of you counting at home, it's 5400 Gold for an epic flying mount.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
No cool warlock/paladin class specific flying mounts?:(
Not as of yet.

Ahhh... I wish the price would go down if you had Wildhammer reputation.;)

(I also remember that a paladin drops from a gryphon in "Day of The Dragon" by R. Knaak. Paladins are just too clumsy for flying.:D)
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:Ahhh... I wish the price would go down if you had Wildhammer reputation.;)

(I also remember that a paladin drops from a gryphon in "Day of The Dragon" by R. Knaak. Paladins are just too clumsy for flying.:D)

From what I heard other people saying, Wildhammer rep does not reduce the cost of the mount or riding skill at all.

Quote:Ahhh... I wish the price would go down if you had Wildhammer reputation.;)

Afaik, the numbers shown on that screenshot already incorporate 10% discount. Which is why you see weird numbers like 4500 and 720 instead of 5000 and 800.
Quote:(I also remember that a paladin drops from a gryphon in "Day of The Dragon" by R. Knaak. Paladins are just too clumsy for flying.:D)

When they bubble, their legs can't grip the saddle.

A guildie said the last patch broke flying mounts.
Quote:Afaik, the numbers shown on that screenshot already incorporate 10% discount. Which is why you see weird numbers like 4500 and 720 instead of 5000 and 800.
Since I took the screenshots and I am neutral with Wildhammer I don't think this is the case.

Quote:When they bubble, their legs can't grip the saddle.

A guildie said the last patch broke flying mounts.

Flying mounts were broken last patch. You can fly in an area designated as a subzone (such as Path of Honor - A Subzone of Hellfire Peninsula) but not in the general zones (such as Hellfire Peninsula)

I think the discounts we're seeing are a remnant of the old honor system. Apparently they never took out that 10% discount for Sergeant...
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:I think the discounts we're seeing are a remnant of the old honor system. Apparently they never took out that 10% discount for Sergeant...

This could very well be possible. When I copied over I was rank 4 so a PvP discount could be a possible explanation.