2.0 pvp system
Anyone have any good info on the 2.0 pvp system? Here's some vague observations from an hour of playing that have perplexed me:

* the running tally of honor on the new pvp tab... which seems to either be a very small value (i believe after winning an AV i had "~ 7") or what looks like a badly wordwrapped rendition of "~ ..." Is this just expected honor tokens from kills only, ignoring battleground bonus honor?

* titles are now locked at peak historic value, but battleground raid leader seems to be set based on it somehow as well. Is this working on your hidden "current" title, or your new displayed "peak" title, or is it just a coincidence that people with ranks like "marshal" are getting leader?

* even stranger, HKs still show the rank of the victim! How is that rank calculated, and does it affect how many new honor points the player is worth?

* most kills in group battleground pvp show as being worth 1 point, due to rounding. Is it rounded in fact, set to a minimum value of 1, or actually adding some fractional value to my end-of-day total that's being incorrectly displayed as "1"?

Lastly, does anyone have a link to a good page showing the finalized cost of all the honor and battleground rewards?

-- frink
Quote:* the running tally of honor on the new pvp tab... which seems to either be a very small value (i believe after winning an AV i had "~ 7") or what looks like a badly wordwrapped rendition of "~ ..." Is this just expected honor tokens from kills only, ignoring battleground bonus honor?

This field width seems to be set on logging in. I first logged in and ran some BGs only to find it reading "~ 1 ..." which meant somewhere between 1 thousand and 2 thousand. When I re-logged, all the digits showed.

I think it's a running tally of the 'estimated honor' that shows in your combat log. I am unsure if it accounts for decay (or if decay still exists) of kills of the same person in the same day. I think it does, because ~2600 honor seemed in the right ballpark for what it should have been for a morning of BGs for me (~1/10th of what it was before the patch)

I was finding kills worth much more... perhaps because I was in AB and was more likely to have smaller groups. It seems honor gets split as before, so if you have 20 people near you, then a 20 honor kill would be worth only about 1 point. I saw several kills that resulted in honor in the teens and the high single digits.

This thread lists all the item costs:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=39684523&sid=1
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:This thread lists all the item costs:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=39684523&sid=1
The prices in that link are slightly inaccurate. I'd recomment cruising to Ogremart and having a look at the prices.:)

Also, the estimated honor calculation seems to vary wildly. For example, it hasn't taken into account any of the BG bonus honor I've earnt. (Although that could be part of a bug.)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:Also, the estimated honor calculation seems to vary wildly. For example, it hasn't taken into account any of the BG bonus honor I've earnt. (Although that could be part of a bug.)

Yep. Also, when the crazy ~3pm honor update paid out honor points, it gave me 750 off an estimated 749, so it looks like my bonus honor did nothing at all for me. Of course this was right before the rolling restarts, etc..

It appears that something resembling the old rank system is still in the game, between the ranks listed for enemy kills (which affect how much honor you get paid) and the rank listings on the battleground summary page (these are current, not peak, ranks).

-- frink
Yeah, I watched today, and it definitely didn't add bonus honor to that total. However I did get it at the end of the day. As I said, the total was something like 2600, but I ended up with almost 4500 spendable honor points when I logged in today.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.