TBC gone Gold
From "Tseric":
Quote:The expansion has already gone gold. We see no reason why the game isn't going to be on the shelves at the planned date.

January 16th, in case you forgot.
Source: WoW Forums

"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:From "Tseric":

Source: WoW Forums
I really hope that there will be some kind of a patch needed when we install this game, because at this point, from what I see on Beta, the game doesn't seem ready.
Quote:I really hope that there will be some kind of a patch needed when we install this game, because at this point, from what I see on Beta, the game doesn't seem ready.

No kidding. I've seen bugs in the Draenei level 1-6 starting area for goodness sakes. The Blood Elf starting area rocks, though -- especially the Ghostlands. I just hope they fix the annoying tendency for the game to spontaneously stop showing the punctuation over quest givers' heads.
I'm sure the game is gold and they're working on the initial patch that will be downloaded upon first login. If they had the expansion ready to go at this very moment, we already would have seen the patch to fix some of the glaring bugs on the live realms introduced by 2.0.1 to "hold us over".
See you in Town,
-Z
The game went "gold" when they announced the release date.

Thank god for forced-patching, huh?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I'm told the BC disc itself contains a tiny bit of information, I'm not sure exactly what since it seems everything is in the 2.0 MPQ files. The retail BC disc and info, however, does not unlock the new races and Outland... current BC-enabled live accounts (mostly employees, friends and family) still have the new races greyed out on the creation screen and cannot access Outland nor level past 60. The plan is to release a small patch or hotfix enabling everything come midnight the 16th or possibly earlier. Or so I'm told by a guildmate who lives with a Blizzard Europe programmer.
Anybody not think this is going to be a total disaster? Show of hands? Anybody at all?

<crickets>

Server imbalances + crowded Hellfire peninsula makes me almost glad to miss the first week away on business.