Children of Bodom
Hi Lurker I was just wondering if any of you like to jam out to Children of Bodom ? I dont really post often but i'm from terenas and I love the Lurkers they are the Friendliest bunch I have ever met and I've been playing wow scence beta:)
Quote:Hi Lurker I was just wondering if any of you like to jam out to Children of Bodom ? I dont really post often but i'm from terenas and I love the Lurkers they are the Friendliest bunch I have ever met and I've been playing wow scence beta:)

I've listened to a good bit of CoB. I have a friend who's a big fan of them. While they're excellent at their instruments (infinitely more so than 97% of all the crap coming out today) I don't feel they're very good musicians. Their songs seem to be more about playing arpeggios as fast as possible rather than making good music. It's like they took try-out exercises and made them into a song. I also despise their singing style.

However, in the genre with CoB is Sonata Arctica who I love. They seem to pull of the music better and have excellent vocals.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
A friend of mine recommended Sonata Arctica to me about 5-6 years back. Just last week I found something called "Talullah" (which I believe is one of their songs) on an old CD I burned way back when. Are there any other songs from this artist you would like to recommend, Ima?

Although I like rock, some heavy metal and progressive music genres, I'm not into growling and singers who sound like your average ultralisk.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
YAY! Singers that sound like ultralisks!

heh.

Anyways, I listen to CoB, and I enjoy how good they are at playing, but after a while it seems that most of their songs blend together... Other than that, I think they're awesome.
I have my own signature. Yay.
Quote:Angel' date='Dec 19 2006, 04:03 PM' post='122559']
A friend of mine recommended Sonata Arctica to me about 5-6 years back. Just last week I found something called "Talullah" (which I believe is one of their songs) on an old CD I burned way back when. Are there any other songs from this artist you would like to recommend, Ima?

Although I like rock, some heavy metal and progressive music genres, I'm not into growling and singers who sound like your average ultralisk.

Hmm. I think my favorite song by them is "Full Moon". Some other good ones are: San Sebastian, Black Sheep, I Want Out (a cover, the original was by Helloween, I believe, both are good), Replica, Gate of Fear, 8th Commandment, My Selene and Still Loving You to name a few.

My only complaint about their songs is that sometimes the lyrics are a bit... creepy and stalker-ish. "Letter to Dana" is kind of weird but I know there are some weirder ones out there, just can't think of them.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Talking about creepy lyrics, here are some from Pain of Salvation's "Beyond the Pale":

This is not who I wanted to be, this is not what I wanted to see
She's so young so why don't I feel free now that she is here under me?

and

Seeking freedom I touch the untouched

I love their music, and I think "Beyond the Pale" is one of their best songs, but I have to admit, I really don't "get" these lyrics... Granted, they to bring up a lot of themes in their music about childhood traumas and extreme emotions of pain and grief, but using the first person narrative in this context gives me chills...
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw