Best request for a Blizzard response
Found this gem of a kid manipulating the rules for his favor.

Quote:Ok - I need a blue to write here so my mother can see that I am not allowed to share my account with my brother. We live in the same house etc and my mother pays for my account by depositing the money where Blizz takes it from.

Now she says I should be fair and let my brother have one character and a share of play time as well.

I told my mother that Blizz says my brother isn't allowed to play and all WoW play time is for me but she won't believe me.

Can a Blue pls tell my mother here that I am in fact right and regardless of being a brother and living in the same house and having the same mother paying for it, Blizz says all play time is for me and me alone.

Thx.

Response:
Quote:You are correct in this case. You are not allowed to share your account with anyone else, even your brother. If he wants to play, he will need to get an account of his own.

This does however not mean you should stop listening to your mother! They are generally very wise!

If I were the parent? Instead of a 2nd account for the brother, I'd close the first account as principle for the kid being such a punk about it:)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hi,

Quote:If I were the parent? Instead of a 2nd account for the brother, I'd close the first account as principle for the kid being such a punk about it:)
Maybe. Maybe not. We'd need to know a bit more of the situation before we could judge. For instance, if the brother is the type that would delete the kid's characters, sell all their gear, act like an a*hole and get the kid banned, etc., then I can sympathize with the kid. We really don't know. The kid could be a selfish brat, or he could be doing the only thing that might save him from a bratty sibling. And non-gaming parents normally don't have a clue about these things.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

I LoLed
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Quote:Hi,
Maybe. Maybe not. We'd need to know a bit more of the situation before we could judge. For instance, if the brother is the type that would delete the kid's characters, sell all their gear, act like an a*hole and get the kid banned, etc., then I can sympathize with the kid. We really don't know. The kid could be a selfish brat, or he could be doing the only thing that might save him from a bratty sibling. And non-gaming parents normally don't have a clue about these things.

--Pete

True, but the wording leads me to believe otherwise.

Ooh ... I just went through the original thread, and found this great reply by the original poster:

Quote:HAHA - thx so much. My mother is so gonna totally flip out when she reads this! Thx Crezax, sharing WoW and playtime with my brother would suck and there is no way my mother is gonna pay for two accounts so I won't have to share the computer either. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Hi,

--Pete
I think those are risks you take when your mom pays for your account. =/ Don't like it, cough up the $15/month. After the response quark posted from the kid, if I was his mother I would just cancel the account, take away the computer, and be done with it.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:After the response quark posted from the kid, if I was his mother I would just cancel the account, take away the computer, and be done with it.

I almost certainly would do this as well.

And since I'm probably more computer savvy than this kid's mom, I might even go a step further and change the password on the computer... and give the new password to his brother. Or go buy a new copy of WoW for his brother to play.

I don't have kids yet, but they will be taught to listen to their parents when I do have some of my own.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I almost certainly would do this as well.

And since I'm probably more computer savvy than this kid's mom, I might even go a step further and change the password on the computer... and give the new password to his brother. Or go buy a new copy of WoW for his brother to play.

I don't have kids yet, but they will be taught to listen to their parents when I do have some of my own.

Yeah, my kids wouldn't be playing WoW after this.
--Mav