UI Chat Log Error
I have a problem with the chat log floaters in TBC's UI (beta):

The Combat log is currently not displayed in its correct position docked right next to the General Chat log floater. It must have been accidentially moved somehow, and its width is now also way oversized towards the right screen side (the chat box is out of proportion in its width). When I try to move the log back into its correct postion, I get this error message once the log window has been dropped:

[Image: WoW_UI_Error_01.jpg]

Does anybody know what is wrong here and how I can fix it?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Does anybody know what is wrong here and how I can fix it?

I've no idea if this is a beta specific problem or not - and if it is, hello and welcome to beta ;-) - but the usual way to fix broken chat frames is to turn on the Simple Chat setting from interface options; that sets you back to the standard chat-frame-and-docked-combat-log setup. Once that's done you can usually untick the setting and move the windows back to where you want them.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:Does anybody know what is wrong here and how I can fix it?

Another thing you could try is deleting all the Blizzard_ folders in the Interface directory, deleting the chat settings file in the WTF folder and restarting the game. This'll reset all your chat settings, of course.

I second the "welcome to beta":)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Thanks. Except for "Simple Chat" nothing could eliminate the error, though. I'll leave "Simple Chat" on now until this gets fixed.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The easiest way to fix this is to nick the "chat-cache" file from your live account (Find it in WTF/Account/(Account Name)/(Server Name)/(Toon Name), and paste it into your Beta account in the same place.

Problem solved.;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:The easiest way to fix this is to nick the "chat-cache" file from your live account (Find it in WTF/Account/(Account Name)/(Server Name)/(Toon Name), and paste it into your Beta account in the same place.

Problem solved.;)
That did it. Thanks!:)