Griswold items over 170,000 gold
I recently came back to Diablo after about 5/6 years and have come across the same problem that I encountered previously and did nothing about. Griswold currently has a King's Axe of Haste for about 185,000 gold but, though I have the cash, it's impossible for me to buy it as I just get the message:

'You do not have enough room in inventory'

I realise you need to move your inventory around to get one complete block for the item, but 185,000 gold means there are only 3 spaces free. An axe of course takes up 6 spaces. What gives? Along the same line, how an earth does anyone buy (if possible) something like a Godly Plate of the Whale as this item would surely cost more than the maximium gold you could hold?

Is there a legit way of getting round this problem or, if not, is there a hack purely for altering the amount of gold held in one space (and not changing anything else)?

Shame I've only come across the Lurkers Lounge as maybe one of you kindly fellows could help us out!
Quote:I recently came back to Diablo after about 5/6 years and have come across the same problem that I encountered previously and did nothing about. Griswold currently has a King's Axe of Haste for about 185,000 gold but, though I have the cash, it's impossible for me to buy it as I just get the message:

'You do not have enough room in inventory'

I realise you need to move your inventory around to get one complete block for the item, but 185,000 gold means there are only 3 spaces free. An axe of course takes up 6 spaces. What gives? Along the same line, how an earth does anyone buy (if possible) something like a Godly Plate of the Whale as this item would surely cost more than the maximium gold you could hold?

Is there a legit way of getting round this problem or, if not, is there a hack purely for altering the amount of gold held in one space (and not changing anything else)?

Shame I've only come across the Lurkers Lounge as maybe one of you kindly fellows could help us out!

OK, Auric Amulet! Been so long since I hadn't used the 'command' text file!

Thanks for reading anyway..........
You must be playing Hellfire, I take it, not Diablo. Diablo has a built-in cap of about 135,000 as the maximum price of items offered by Griswold. Only Wirt would be able to sell Godly Plate of the Whale, due to the high qlvl of the affixes, though that may be buyable in Hellfire with the Auric Amulet, as you could carry 340,000 gold. ...

In any case, no one here at the LL supports the use of game modification through 3rd party programs.
Along the same line, how an earth does anyone buy (if possible) something like a Godly Plate of the Whale as this item would surely cost more than the maximium gold you could hold?

You cant buy a godly plate of the whale from Griswold anyway (exepting clvl XX) it would cost more than max gold i guess. The comonly used godly pfm of the whale is a hack.

hf as mentioned above

I buyed a kings battle axe of haste without problems at griswold

I maybe cant help you out sorry
Quote:You must be playing Hellfire, I take it, not Diablo. Diablo has a built-in cap of about 135,000 as the maximum price of items offered by Griswold. Only Wirt would be able to sell Godly Plate of the Whale, due to the high qlvl of the affixes, though that may be buyable in Hellfire with the Auric Amulet, as you could carry 340,000 gold. ...

In any case, no one here at the LL supports the use of game modification through 3rd party programs.

Yes, Hellfire. And I've completely forgotten about the farmer and his amulet. Not a fan of mods anyway, but because I'd forgotten about the farmer and always used the command text file I'd come to the conclusion that this was a glitch. Of course Blizzard intro'd the amulet to get around raising the cap on Griswold. Thanks for the info though!

Quote:You cant buy a godly plate of the whale from Griswold anyway (exepting clvl XX) it would cost more than max gold i guess. The comonly used godly pfm of the whale is a hack.

I buyed a kings battle axe of haste without problems at griswold

I maybe cant help you out sorry

No worries. Thanks for the post anyway. Does this mean that no-one has ever found a Godly Plate of the Whale legitimately? Though I don't doubt he might stock one, I've never seen Wirt selling one.
Quote:Yes, Hellfire. And I've completely forgotten about the farmer and his amulet. Not a fan of mods anyway, but because I'd forgotten about the farmer and always used the command text file I'd come to the conclusion that this was a glitch. Of course Blizzard intro'd the amulet to get around raising the cap on Griswold. Thanks for the info though!
No worries. Thanks for the post anyway. Does this mean that no-one has ever found a Godly Plate of the Whale legitimately? Though I don't doubt he might stock one, I've never seen Wirt selling one.

No one has ever (including previous patches) found a GPOTW legitimately in Diablo. It may be possible to attain such an item in Hellfire, but in Diablo you are barely able to purchase a Godly Breast Plate (max 72 armor) from Wirt, due to the price cap.

No monsters in Diablo can drop either the Godly or Whale suffixes, because both have a qlvl of 60. The highest dropped affixes have qlvl's of 33, I believe, although it may be 30.

http://members.core.com/~dfrease/JGFrame.html

That might help you with anything you will need to know about Diablo. Ever. =D
Quote:Yes, Hellfire. And I've completely forgotten about the farmer and his amulet. Not a fan of mods anyway, but because I'd forgotten about the farmer and always used the command text file I'd come to the conclusion that this was a glitch. Of course Blizzard intro'd the amulet to get around raising the cap on Griswold. Thanks for the info though!

Well actually, Sierra intro'd the amulet to get around raising the cap on Griswold. Blizzard wasn't involved in making Hellfire at all.

As far as mods go, the Lurker Lounge is not strictly against third party modifications, but rather against using them to "cheat".

Quote:No worries. Thanks for the post anyway. Does this mean that no-one has ever found a Godly Plate of the Whale legitimately? Though I don't doubt he might stock one, I've never seen Wirt selling one.

In regular (not Hellfire) Diablo, nobody has ever found or bought any item called "godly plate of the whale" without cheating being involved. The only place you can get "godly" or "whale" is from Wirt, and any plate with this name costs too much for him to sell. And as you've noticed, even if he could sell it, you wouldn't be able to hold enough gold to buy it.

In Hellfire, the price caps are higher, and Wirt sells everything for half of his normal price. As a result, it should be possible to buy a "godly plate of the whale" from Wirt in Hellfire. However, this is a bit of a joke, because only the smaller types of plates (breast plate, plate mail, etc.) would be cheap enough to fit under the price cap.
Quote:In regular (not Hellfire) Diablo, nobody has ever found or bought any item called "godly plate of the whale" without cheating being involved.

Interestingly enough, Blizzard support, used to upheld not only that such an item was possible, but that they themselves (someone at support) had found such an item of a monster himself while playing the game. As we all know, it turned out Blizzard support did not have a clue what they talked about:)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:That might help you with anything you will need to know about Diablo. Ever. =D

Thanks again for the heads-up and the great link. Certainly a guide for the connaisseur.

Quote:Well actually, Sierra intro'd the amulet to get around raising the cap on Griswold. Blizzard wasn't involved in making Hellfire at all.

In Hellfire, the price caps are higher, and Wirt sells everything for half of his normal price. As a result, it should be possible to buy a "godly plate of the whale" from Wirt in Hellfire. However, this is a bit of a joke, because only the smaller types of plates (breast plate, plate mail, etc.) would be cheap enough to fit under the price cap.

Now I see why Hellfire is not included in the Battle chest released a couple of years ago...

Does this mean no-one has actually 'found' (i.e. not bought) a GPOTW in Hellfire? And by this I mean a full plate mail version of the item!
Quote:Interestingly enough, Blizzard support, used to upheld not only that such an item was possible, but that they themselves (someone at support) had found such an item of a monster himself while playing the game. As we all know, it turned out Blizzard support did not have a clue what they talked about:)

Maybe the Blizz rep got such an item from the lone black knight on level 16, hell/hell. I heard someone say you could get a legit GPoW this way. :shuriken:
Quote:Does this mean no-one has actually 'found' (i.e. not bought) a GPOTW in Hellfire? And by this I mean a full plate mail version of the item!

Neither "godly" nor "whale" can be found in the dungeons, even in Hellfire. Nothing down there is capable of producing such a high level affix.
Quote:Maybe the Blizz rep got such an item from the lone black knight on level 16, hell/hell. I heard someone say you could get a legit GPoW this way. :shuriken:

Ahh true, forgot about that. Was it you spending hours killing the black knight that night?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:Ahh true, forgot about that. Was it you spending hours killing the black knight that night?

Nope, but you had me fooled for a few hours, and clearing Diablo's chamber has never been quite the same since. ;)