Running through a Dungeon
Dungeon Runners, a free, commercial, online only Diablo clone that doesn't take itself all that serious. Currently in beta stage.

The game formerly know as Trade Wars: Dark Millenium or Exarch, depending on when you looked at the title. And none of the current devs are from either of the previous teams, but they listen and try their best.

DR resembles Diablo 1 in skill setup, 3 different classes (Fighter, Mage & Ranger) with a few inherent traits and everyone can learn all skills. Items feel closer to Diablo 2, with multiple modifiers available on the high quality items, though there are no fixed stat uniques afaik.

The core gameplay is as fun as both Diablo games, but don't go into the game expecting some dark tale of doom. Dungeon Runners is a lighthearted dungeon brawl that is mostly soloable and team preferred encounters can be skipped.

The main downfall currently is that there is a limit of one character/account, even though accounts are free (and the current plain is to keep the game free too). This is mostly a problem because you need to pay a membership fee ($5/month) for each account you wish to use the best quality items with (anything more powerful than D2 magic items pre-LoD). The devs are listening to the concerns raised and are trying to figure out what they can do about this. Everyone counts as a member for the current phase of the beta though.

<strike>The game is still in beta, so you'll need an invite to try it out. I am currently betaing and they have a referral program running so I can invite more. If you're interested I'll need an email adress to invite you, you'll need a PlayNC master account (you should have one if you've played Lineage, City of Heroes/Villains, Auto Assault or Guild Wars) to use the 3 serial keys you'll be getting.</strike>

Edit:
They shut down the referral program while I was sleeping:(
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
The interface looks straight out of Lineage II, but the gameplay looks fun. I sent you a private message.
Is there a PvP option? I might be interested in trying it out, but I'm more into PvP now than anything.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Quote:Is there a PvP option? I might be interested in trying it out, but I'm more into PvP now than anything.
Not yet, but they are working on it (along with a lot of other stuff). They hope to get an implementation early this year, I just hope they re-open referrals (or general invites) before that happens.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:Dungeon Runners, a free, commercial, online only Diablo clone that doesn't take itself all that serious. Currently in beta stage.

I would try this out except I just got addicted to Auto Assault.

Running over infantry while my turret-mounted minigun perforates a jeep is fun.:wub:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]