Didn't pre-order and regretting it?
I had trouble finding a place open at 12:00 am that didn't require pre-orders (since I'm lazy and didn't get one). However my wal-mart had plenty of copies just out there available to grab, with nobody in sight. The sweet part was since it was midnight, there weren't the normal long wal-mart lines.:)

Edit: A buddy of mine reported to me that his wal-mart only had 6 copies, all collector's editions, but he was able to get it at Myer.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Meh, I live out in the sticks of South Wales. I actually doubt there's enough of a demand 'round these parts to exhaust even an average shipment of games that has been delivered to at least four stores in the area.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Defiantly Wal-Mart for the win. Just picked up my collectors edition without any preorders. So very, very nice.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:Defiantly Wal-Mart for the win. Just picked up my collectors edition without any preorders. So very, very nice.
Got my TBC Collector's Edition at Media Markt in Berlin (Germany), signed with an autograph from Lead Dungeon Artist Brian Morrisroe, who was guest at the midnight opening yesterday:)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
My friend works at EB games.

That will be all.

>.>
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
I decided against going to the Sunnyvale Fry's "TBC release party" I guess some of the Blizzard folk came up to Norcal to be at Fry's at midnight.

Something about a party at Fry's just didn't seem right.

I'm patient and my order from Amazon has shipped. I'll get it when I get it.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Hi,

Magi and I stopped at Best Buy at South Center on our way back from the doctor's. Lots of copies available there (no collector's editions, though). Off to install;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Defiantly Wal-Mart for the win. Just picked up my collectors edition without any preorders. So very, very nice.
Ditto. I went into Target on my lunch break and bought the only CE they had. I didn't even plan on getting it until last night.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

The Wal-Mart here sold out by 9 this morning according to the call that I placed to it this afternoon. But we don't have any place in town that would carry the game.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:The Wal-Mart here sold out by 9 this morning according to the call that I placed to it this afternoon. But we don't have any place in town that would carry the game.

Walmart's here in Tucson are super stores and sold out shortly after Midnight. Guess I get to wait for BestBuy to send me my CE... (Target's were sold out this morning early as well).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Walmart's here in Tucson are super stores and sold out shortly after Midnight. Guess I get to wait for BestBuy to send me my CE... (Target's were sold out this morning early as well).

Ours is a Super Center as well, they got a lot of copies (engineering school, even though the pop of the town is only 20K or so) so they lasted a bit longer.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Hi,

GameStop had a store FULL of BC in both flavors, I estimate about 100 copies Not Sold by 10am after a Midnight sale.

I paid full price $39.99 & I'm sorry to say after 1 hour in the game, I feel I paid $30.00 too much.
It took about 1 hour to fill in my Map for the main island & the 2 side islands with my lv 56 Hunter...I hope there is more to this than level 70 and a few lv 60+ Dungeons.

Quote:Select stores will be hosting optional events such as costume contests, card game tournaments, screen-shot character judging, and more! Events will vary by location, check with your local store for more information. SCHEDULES CAN AND DO CHANGE – PLEASE CONFIRM MIDNIGHT OPENING WITH YOUR LOCAL STORE BEFORE MAKING THE TRIP!

Find your store by state below:

GameStop.com

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Quote:I paid full price $39.99 & I'm sorry to say after 1 hour in the game, I feel I paid $30.00 too much.
It took about 1 hour to fill in my Map for the main island & the 2 side islands with my lv 56 Hunter...I hope there is more to this than level 70 and a few lv 60+ Dungeons.
I've got to say, I had exactly the opposite impression by the expansion. I hopped onto my Druid and did some questing in Outland, ran a couple instances and capped the night off with running through several Outland zones to pick up flight points and see the sights. Everything outside of the Hellfire Peninsula has incredible detail, gorgeous scenery and all of the zones seem loaded with quests. I haven't seen so many quests all centered in each area since the Barrens. The instances were both quite fun (they are probably about the correct difficulty level though we had no problems due to several party members being very well-geared) and much more in the vein of the Scarlet Monastery (several short instances) and less like BRD (massive single instance).

I also started playing up in the Draenei starting area and I think that looks like it could be quite fun, as well. I'm already satisfied with the expansion and looking forward to having a day without work to get some more playing time in. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:I've got to say, I had exactly the opposite impression by the expansion.

Ditto for me. I'm thrilled at this point, even though all I've seen are a bit of Thrallmar, Ramparts, and Blood Furnace.

LOVED the look and design of Blood Furnace, coolest looking place yet.
Quote:I'm patient and my order from Amazon has shipped. I'll get it when I get it.

I guess I don't have to be that patient. I went the route of "free shipping" which is supposed to take a little longer, but it arrived today. I'd say Amazon did a pretty good job here. Certainly sooner than I had expected.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I also started playing up in the Draenei starting area and I think that looks like it could be quite fun, as well. I'm already satisfied with the expansion and looking forward to having a day without work to get some more playing time in. :)

I did something absolutely terrible this week...Certainly "hardly justifiable" at best and "indicator of an overwhelming problem" at worse: I worked 12 hours on Monday just to take Tuesday off...all to attend a midnight release and subsequently play through the first hours of January 16. When I finally lay to rest shortly after sunrise, the thought that occurred to me was,

"That was definitely worth it,"

:D

The early quests are so rewarding--especially if you haven't been raiding and/or are playing a feral druid. Greens and Blues are exciting again! If you play through The Ramparts and The Blood Furnace, you get to handle complex scripted fights that steadily scale in difficulty. It took us a bit to get our fellow party members to just play instead of devoutly reciting walkthroughs before each boss fight, but once we did (or replaced them with people who would) things ran smoother, faster, and I had even more fun.

I've been carefully avoiding Thottbot, too. I don't want to know what is 'out there'. And I'm already excited about using flight form to jump off Shatter Point. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Man, I can't wait to get home!
Hi,

I'm having Fun now, like any new game you need to give it a chance to shine & grind. I started a Pally and will give jewelry crafting a try, the new quests are also k !!! :P

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Quote:Hi,

I'm having Fun now, like any new game you need to give it a chance to shine & grind. I started a Pally and will give jewelry crafting a try, the new quests are also k !!! :P

We've had power outages and such here, but I picked up a copy at Wal-Mart last night (Wednesday night) here in Springfield.

--Mav
Quote:We've had power outages and such here, but I picked up a copy at Wal-Mart last night (Wednesday night) here in Springfield.

Yeah, it's been quite cold down here in northwest Arkansas, and they're saying we'll be getting several inches of snow this weekend. I made sure to get a couple books from the library and reinstalled Fahrenheit in the event my power or internet go out:)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.