Infinite Mana Bug
I have been kicking around whether or not to post this, but since I assume Blizzard fixed this in the last patch I thought I could post this now.

I accidentally discovered how to get infinite mana. There are several hoops to jump through and only a certain spec of priest on a certain quest can make this work.

First, you need to have Divine Spirit, and while I had Improved Divine Spirit, I'm not positive that is necessary.

Second, you must be on this quest: Helboar, the Other White Meat.

If you have a Divine Spirit active and you use the Purification Mixture to attempt to Purify some meat, your Mana Regen will go through the roof making you regen mana instantly after casting any spell, even in combat. I had Meditation as well so maybe that contributed. On my stat sheet the mana regen per 5 seconds was in the thousands.

Once Divine Spirit wore off and I recast it I would have to purify meat once again in order to get my infinite mana back. I logged off and back on and I still had infinite mana.

As someone who absolutely refuses to cheat or exploit bugs, I turned in the quest as soon as I could in order to not have the temptation anymore.

Anyway, I found this a rather interesting bug and thought that I would post it now that it is hopefully fixed.
Falomin

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.

- Mel Brooks
There seems to have been multiple causes. This exact thing happened to me on my warlock last week, and it made grinding really easy (until I died and it went away). I was regening all of the mana from casting just waiting for the global cooldown. It only happened once though and I have no clue what caused it, but it was fun while it last.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Did you happen to be on the same quest? Because I was able to repeat the bug after deaths, relogging, etc. until I turned in the quest. After that I can not repeat the bug.
Falomin

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.

- Mel Brooks
I might have had the quest, it was one of the first days the xpac was out and I don't really remember anymore.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:I have been kicking around whether or not to post this, but since I assume Blizzard fixed this in the last patch I thought I could post this now.

I have Improved Divine Spirit and did this quest last night. Unless there is some other variable involved, it is safe to say it is fixed now, as I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.
I suspected it would have been by now, but it was such an interesting thing to have happen and I was curious if it had occurred to anyone else so I posted it.

Part of me thought it was just Blizzard being nice to me since they saw all my past random 1000 rolls :)
Falomin

- Mel Brooks
Quote:I have Improved Divine Spirit and did this quest last night. Unless there is some other variable involved, it is safe to say it is fixed now, as I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Its not gone , I had this happen to me last night on my hunter , lasted for about half an hour . It was'nt that hellboar quest I was on but another , the one where you collect blood then use the antidote turning one hellboar into Dreadtusk . When I first noticed this , I had sat to drink mana and sent my pet to attack at the same time , I noticed my mana bar was'nt moving up , so stood to finish the fight , after that , full mana bar , really fast regen for like I say , half an hour . At one point I used mend pet twice in a row and it went away . Not sure if that was the exact cause of it going but I had used mend pet twice in a row before that .
Take care
Quote:Its not gone , I had this happen to me last night on my hunter , lasted for about half an hour .

Hmmm, I wonder what the other factors are that cause this to crop up? Hard to do now that I've completed both of those quests.
This happened to my undead mage, while I was farming bog giants in the Spawning Glen in Zangarmarsh.

No idea what caused it, and it just stopped eventually. But I commented on it in guild chat, and a hunter mentioned noticing the same effect in the same place earlier on. So something there must do it.
Happened yesterday on a priest with Divine Spirit and the shadowfiend pet. Whenever I cast my pet, it would last about 2 mins afterwards. I wasn't donig any quests either, just grinding for scryer signet-turnins in terrokar.
Same thing (infinite mana) happened to me twice in Terokkar Forest while grinding for Scryer items with my Mage in the north. I assumed it hat something to do with the Mana Bomb in the area. There was no specific way I noticed to reproduce the bug; it just happened sometimes and kept going for some time. Rebuffing and even dying did not seem to affect it.
Has not happened to me for two weeks now, though.
"Ignoring is also a kind of understanding." - Christian Mai