Some General Questions About Diablo/Battlenet
Hello everyone,

I recently decided to give up a mmorpg that I had been playing for the last 5 years or so. I found my Diablo and Hellfire CD's and decided to play them again. The thing is, I've only played Diablo as a single-player game. I've been thinking of trying Diablo multiplayer on Battlenet. So here's my questions:

1. Are there enough people still playing Diablo to find groups that want to play the game?
2. If so, do people play the original Diablo, or will I have to download some 3rd party versions or mods?

My preference would be to play Blizzard's Diablo, no cheats, no 3rd party versions, no player killing.

Any input will be greatly appreciated,

Crasek
You can find anywhere between say 100-300 people on Battle.net playing original and unmodified Diablo 1 at any given time. The problem is that 90% of those players insist on using duplicated items, hacked items, hacks, or any combination of the above. This essentially ruins the cooperative spirit of the game, because for all intents and purposes these characters are in god mode.

If you want to find legits to play with, channel: Diablo LE on the U.S. East gateway is probably the best place to look. A lot of formerly legit players frequent the forum here to share opinions or strategies, but unfortunately very few of them still play the game regularly.

1. If you're willing to look.
2. Original Diablo is still the favorite, though various groups may support various other mods.
Thank you for the input Alamara.

I think I'll give it a try after I look up chat commands, reconfigure my firewall ports, and patch.

Crasek