How To: Playing Diablo without a CD (for dummies)?
Hi there.

Now, this isn't a thread in which I wanted to explain how to do so, but rather simply ask about the possibilities one can use to stop using the CD all the time.
I simply don't want to use my "real" D1 CD, to prevent any damage to it (being a bit [too] paranoid, maybe?;)) and thus I use a copy all the time. Well, it seems, as if my CD drive really dislikes me and thus it takes like forever to make it "accept" that copy. Thus I'd like to simply skip that part and use some No-CD... uh... trick o.O

Something I know of is to use some drive/image/whatever o.O emulator like DAEMON Tools. Well, I just tried that one and... uh... maybe I'm simply too dumb or it's some other reason, why this didn't work the way I wanted it to do. What I would prefer is something like "copy that core-file-thingy into your D1 folder and change this and that in the .ini". Something kinda simple, so even I can do it ^^. Or simply a list of the possibilities to play without that dreaded CD of mine, so I could at least take a look, if there is a choice at all:whistling:
Array
Let me elaborate on what Sheep said... it's called humour.[/quote]
Feel free to PM me for another solution.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields