Skull con mobs, what is the mechanic?
So there has been some talk of maybe taking some smaller crews into the old raid instances for folks to be able to see content they never had before even though it won't be the same challenge.

I know that the bosses still show up as skulls and that this means they are treated as +3 levels for terms of hit and to hit. The question is, is this +3 to the highest level toon in the zone or is it +3 to each individual? If you have a mixed spread of L62 - L70 going into say AQ40, is Skeram going to be L73 to everyone in terms of his chances to be hit and to hit people or is he going to be L65 to the L62 folks and L73 to the L70 folks?

It's my understanding that it's really only hit calculations that are affected by this 'slider'. That the mobs HP and damage dealing abilities do not scale (though there were some bugs in beta I guess that made some of this happen), but that it will still be able to hit you even if you are a high level. I also understand that they are a minimum of L63 in the old instances so that being less than 60 causes even more of a penalty. But that the bosses will still hit as frequently and resist your attacks as frequently (glancing blows hitting them, crushing blows hitting you, etc). Can anyone provide some more detail on this? The EJ forums are down, the official forums aren't accepting searches. It's not exactly easy to hunt for info right now. :)

Mainly though I'm wondering what will happen to the L62 if you have an L70 along. Is that 62 going to be pretty worthless since they are facing a 73 for to hit calcs or are they facing a 65 from their perspective?
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote: is he going to be L65 to the L62 folks and L73 to the L70 folks?

This.
Quote:
Quote:is he going to be L65 to the L62 folks and L73 to the L70 folks?
This.

So that means that Skull level mobs are X or Plvl+3, which ever is higher? Ie. Rags X=63.

-WimpySmurf
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
The level mechanic only affects to-hit, resist, and mitigation checks. It doesn't affect how much life they have or how much damage they do, but it does affect how much your armor mitigates.