Tristram Quiz!
Some time ago I reposted a Diablo game quiz and mentioned a Tristramquiz I had only found the answers to. Well, I unexpectedly found the actual quiz today, so here it is. I will post the correct answers next week. Enjoy!

I bet a lot of you out there by now knows the game inside and out and could easily answer every possible question about the game. But what do you know about the village of Tristram, its history and the history of the Great Conflict?

Here follows a small test where you can find out how much you really know. It is split up into two parts. In the first part you are given 3 choices, where one is the correct one. In the second part you have to provide the answer your self. The questions are in no special order as far as their difficulty are concerned.

I will post the answers later this week. Not much more to say, lets get started with it and have fun!

1. What is the name of the drunkard in the Town?
A. Farhamn
B. Farnham
C. Fanhamn

2. From where did Ogden get the Harlequin Crest that you receive as a gift in one of the quests?
A. It was a gift to him from Adria
B. It was an old family heirloom.
C. A magician forgot it while staying at the inn.

3. When you manage to turn the water in the well fresh again, you are given a reward, from who?
A. Pepin
B. Cain
C. Ogden

4. Who is Gerda?
A. Gillian’s Grandmother
B. Ogden’s wife
C. King Leoric’s daughter

5. Which weapon was made by Griswold?
A. The Butcher’s Cleaver
B. The Grizzly
C. King Leoric’s sword

6. Who was it that saved Wirt when he had just lost his leg?
A. Griswold
B. The drunkard (you did not think I would give away his name here, did you?:)
C. Cain

7. For how long have Ogden owned his tavern?
A. 1 year
B. 4 years
C. More than 10 years

8. What is the name of the land where you find Tristram?
A. Westmarch
B. Zakarun
C. Khanduras

9. One of the persons below was charged of treason to King Leoric, who?
A. Arch-Bishop Lazarus
B. Bartuc, later known as the Warlord of Blood
C. Lachdanan, knight of the order of light

10. How come Lazarus was first lured into the dungeons beneath the old monastery
A. He was lured down by Diablo
B. He followed King Leoric in the search for his missing son
C. He was dragged down by some monsters

11. Who was the ”inventor” of the Holy Bolt?
A. Belial
B. Orous
C. Cathan

12. One angel left the High Heaven to found his own dominion, what was his name?
A. Inarius
B. Zharesh
C. Seraphin

13. Who was the bearer of the Angelic pure blade of Azurewrath?
A. Izual
B. Tyrael
C. Arkaine

14. Who of the following was never a member of the Horadrim?
A. Tal Rasha
B. Cain
C. Tyrael

15. The symbol of the Horadrim has a geometric from, which one?
A. circle
B. triangle
C. square

16. What is the name of the Guild of the Rogues?
A. Sisters of the order of light
B. Sisters of the sightless eyes
C. Sisters of the divine chapel

17. How many are the great evils?
A. 3
B. 7
C. 9

18. Who is the lord of Destruction?
A. Baal
B. Mephisto
C. Diablo

19. In the dungeons you will meet a monster type that is what is left of Inarius and his follower after they were captured by Mephisto. What is the monster type?
A. Overlords
B. Gargoyles
C. Lightning Demons

20. Magma demons are actually created from the blood of one of the three brothers, who?
A. Baal
B. Mephisto
C. Diablo

21. What was the name of Mephisto’s fortress?
A. Fortress of death
B. Fortress of hatred
C. Fortress of bone

22. Who was also called ”the Black King”?
A. Diablo
B. King Leoric
C Lazarus

And now, to separate the skillful ones from the lucky ones, the questions with no alternatives.

23. What picture can be found on the sign of Ogden’s tavern?
24. What was the name and title of King Leoric’s son?
25. Who, and when, says the words ”You drink water?”
26. Who killed King Leoric?
27. What is needed to release Lachdanan from his curse?
28. Who is Canance?
29. What is the relationship between the Great Conflict and the Sin War?
30. What is known as the Dark Exile?
31. Who is the lord of Pain?
32. What or who is Zakarun?

Below is an attempt to give a hint on how good you are based on the number of correct answers.

0 - Your name must be Barngrille, who else would need a result of 0 correct answers?
1-2 - Huh? Isn’t Diablo just a hack and slash game?
3-4 - What? You mean those people in town actually had names?
5-6 - Gee, I have read all those books in the dungeons and STILL does not know everything?
7-9 - Well, at least I got an average result by guessing madly at the ”three choices” questions.
10-12 - Not bad, you are at least interested in learning the history behind it all.
14-16 - You did OK. Still a lot to learn though.
17-19 - Nice, you are above average in the knowledge of the story of Diablo.
20-22 - Good! You have just proven that you are a true enthusiast of Diablo and its underlying story.
23-25 - Excellent! Even Cain the story teller would have a hard time finding tales you are not aware of.
26-28 - You are a true expert and knows most everything about the land and its history. (or you have cheated as a quiz writer for Blizzard:)
29-31 - Ha! I am one of the designers of the game. Bad memory was the reason I failed some of the answers.
32 - Bah! I am already assigned my own well in Diablo 2.

There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
FULL FRONTAL NERDITY!

I'm gonna mark with ~ things I'm shaky on.

B. Farnham

2. From where did Ogden get the Harlequin Crest that you receive as a gift in one of the quests?

3. When you manage to turn the water in the well fresh again, you are given a reward, from who?
A. Pepin

4. Who is Gerda?
B. Ogden’s wife

Pretty sure it's spelled "Garda," considering I played Garda(BAR) as Ogden's She-Barbarian spouse whose notions of gender roles were tied to warriorhood instead of one's dangly bits (or lackthereof).

C. King Leoric’s sword

A. Griswold

~7. For how long have Ogden owned his tavern?
C. More than 10 years

~8. What is the name of the land where you find Tristram?
C. Khanduras

~10. How come Lazarus was first lured into the dungeons beneath the old monastery

C. Cathan

12. One angel left the High Heaven to found his own dominion, what was his name?
A. Inarius

A. Izual

C. Tyrael

B. triangle

A. 3

I'm assuming "great" means "Prime Evils."

A. Baal

19. In the dungeons you will meet a monster type that is what is left of Inarius and his follower after they were captured by Mephisto. What is the monster type?
A. Overlords

~20. Magma demons are actually created from the blood of one of the three brothers, who?
A. Baal

I always hated Magma Demons, and I cared nothing for their lore.

~21. What was the name of Mephisto’s fortress?
B. Fortress of hatred

B. King Leoric

23. What picture can be found on the sign of Ogden’s tavern? A rising sun
24. What was the name and title of King Leoric’s son? Prince Albrecht
25. Who, and when, says the words ”You drink water?” Farnham says that when asked about the Poisoned Water Supply.
26. Who killed King Leoric? Lachdanan
27. What is needed to release Lachdanan from his curse? The Golden Elixir
28. Who is Canance? Wirt's mother
29. What is the relationship between the Great Conflict and the Sin War? The Great Conflict is the battle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells. The Sin War refers to when the Great Conflict finally came to involve the mortal realm.
30. What is known as the Dark Exile? This was when Azmodan and Belial mutinied against the Three and drove them from the Burning Hells into the mortal realm.
31. Who is the lord of Pain? Duriel
32. What or who is Zakarun? The religion of the Light.
ok you got two wrong:lol:

~21. What was the name of Mephisto’s fortress?
B. Fortress of hatred

its C. its Fortress of bone
if you have the old manual d1 you would know that (under Rez in the spell section)

29. What is the relationship between the Great Conflict and the Sin War? The Great Conflict is the battle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells. The Sin War refers to when the Great Conflict finally came to involve the mortal realm.

Well you discribed each one but you didn't say what the relationship was what they have in common. the right answer is man :whistling:
Doesn't look that easy as I thought at first.;)

However, I still win the internets because you spelled Zakarum wrong. May the hammer of Ghrab Thaar smite thee upside the head.:D
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44

Don't nit me unless you've got your own answers to back up your bravado.

Quote:if you have the old manual d1 you would know that (under Rez in the spell section)

The purpose of a trivia quiz is to see how much you can remember without referring to the manuals.

Quote:Well you discribed each one but you didn't say what the relationship was what they have in common. the right answer is man :whistling:

I stand by my response. The question did not ask "What do these things have in common?" It asked to describe the relationship: one is a subset of the other. That suffices.

-Lem
Well, I got 2 right --- "Farnham" (origin of the inventor of daylight savings time) and "Sisters of the Sightless Eye" (the only true archers in Khanduras, even if many of them were corrupted to melee by their high dexterity, or to magic by its insane power); but fortunately for me Diablo is a hack-'n-slash game. Even more fortunately, the correct answer key reads:

1-2 - Ha! I am one of the designers of the game. Bad memory was the reason I failed some of the answers.
Hi,

Of course I can't resist this. Let me see...

B. Farnham

A. Pepin

4. Who is Gerda?
A. Gillian’s Grandmother
B. Ogden’s wife
Not sure here - have heard both. But I thought it was Garda, and that she's Gillian's ill grandmother.

C. King Leoric’s sword

A. Griswold
B. The drunkard (you did not think I would give away his name here, did you?:)
Not sure here - I think both of them? At least I remember that Farnham used to be quite heroic before the alcohol and the sight of the demons got the best of him. I believe that's what Gris says...

B. 4 years
I'm guessing here. But doesn't it say somewhere that he has been owning it for a not-so-long time, and therefore can't just leave because all of his and his wife's money is put in it?

C. Khanduras
K. is the land. Westmarch was invaded by the maddened Leoric later, and is also the source of the Zakarum...

10. How come Lazarus was first lured into the dungeons beneath the old monastery

C. Cathan
I think it was a gift of the high heavens to the priest-mage Cathan.

A. Inarius

A. Izual

C. Tyrael
He's like - the archangel?

I honestly don't know...

B. Sisters of the sightless eye(s)

B. 7
There are 3 prime evils, but I believe 7 great ones: Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Azmodan, Belial, Duriel and Andariel (Azmodan and Belial drove the three prime evils out with the help of the lesser demons).

A. Baal

A. Overlords
Mutilated angels with ripped-out wings.

20. Magma demons are actually created from the blood of one of the three brothers, who?
B. Mephisto
I think it was Meph's blood.

I don't know.

B. King Leoric

And now, to separate the skillful ones from the lucky ones, the questions with no alternatives.

A picture of a sun. I don't remember if it indeed is 'rising'.

Prince Albrecht.

Farnham, when questioned about the poisoned water supply I think.

Lachdanan.

The 'Golden Elixir'. Lord knows why.

28. Who is Canance?
Wirt's mother, I believe.

The Great Conflict is the ever-enduring contest between the High Heavens and the Burning Hell. When mankind became stronger, both parties got convinced that they could be the deciding factor. Thus the Great Conflict evolved to the Sin War, where both parties battle for the support of mankind, and where there are many human heroes on both sides, like Cathan (on the side of the Heavens) or Bartuc (on the side of Hell).

Azmodan and Belial drove the three prime evils out of hell with the help of nearly all lesser demons of hell. Although Diablo, Mephisto and Baal destroyed nearly 1/3 of the traitors, mainly the strong Horned Demons that fought on Azmodan and Belial's side finally drove the out into the realm of mankind.

Duriel.

It's Zakarum, and it's a new zealous religion that came up in Westmarch.

I'm guessing that this
>>20-22 - Good! You have just proven that you are a true enthusiast of Diablo and its underlying story.<<
would be an appropriate score for me...

:)

Thanks for sharing, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
No answers posted just yet, but wanted to comment on some spelling errors. yes, they are there and I did not change it. My replies in fact reffers to people commenting on those spelling errors last time and I thought I would leave them in to see if anyone catches them this time too. Gerda should indeed be Garda, Canance shall be Canace (no one cought that yet) and yes, it is of course Zakarum.

By the way, LemmingofGlory, you had 27 correct answers and Fragbait, you also had 27 correct answers. Some of your errors are overlapping while some you have in common!

Answers in a few more days.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I'm sure the answer to all of the multiple choices ones is 'C', so let's skip to the tough part.

A pinup of Bar Refaeli.

The Artist Formerly Known as Prince

I did, when I was reading this quiz. (that is actually one of my favorite SP Diablo quotes)

Gosh, I did that too. Many times, in fact.

The Golden Whatever

28. Who is Canance?

The star of Murphy Brown?

They are Mel Gibson's next two movie projects.

This when your mother/wife/girlfriend/etc. realizes you have been playing Diablo for 15 hours, turns off the monitor, and sends you to your room.

The person who causes the Dark Exile, of course.

I really have no idea, but is it too late to change my answer to #31 to "Whoever gave Zakarun such an odd name, causing him to get teased by all the kids on the playground."?

In all seriousness, I'm not sure if I ever bothered to read the Diablo manual. It is amazing how much of the deep background from the original game was turned into real game content for Diablo II. One could almost swear this is a post-D2 quiz.
Quote:26. Who killed King Leoric?

Gosh, I did that too. Many times, in fact.

I think the question was --- who killed him before he was already dead?;)
Egh, some of the minor details escape me, but here goes nothing:

B. Farnham

A. Pepin

4. Who is Gerda?
B. Ogden’s wife

B. The Grizzly

A. Griswold

B. 4 years

A. Westmarch

C. Cathan

A. Inarius

A. Izual

C. Tyrael

A. circle

B. 7

A. Baal

A. Overlords

B. Mephisto

B. Fortress of hatred

B. King Leoric

A Sun

Prince Albrecht

Farnham, when asked the poisoned well quest.

Lachdanan

The Golden Elixir

28. Who is Canance?
Wirt's mother

The Sin War stemmed from the Great Conflict, as heaven and hell both sought to include humanity into the conflict.

When the three Prime Evils were exiled into the mortal plane, thanks to Belial and Azmodan.

That lardass Duriel.

Zakarum? A religious group that were the original wardens of Mephisto's captivity, but were eventually corrupted by him.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Here are what is considered the correct answer in MY opinion. For those that did not do it, please try it out first. As a bonus, you also get the score of everyone that took the test the second time I ran it 8don’t have scores from the first time). I have basically already posted the scores from this time around except for NiteFox who got 25 correct answers.

Anyway, here are the reply last time around with the comments from then so if something sound strange, it was in reference to something posted by someone back then. Have fun and I hope you enjoyed it.

B. Farnham

This was an easy start just to make everyone feel comfortable with the quiz!

A. Pepin

4. Who is Gerda?
B. Ogden’s wife

As was pointed out the name should actually be Garda. My apologies for this and a few other spelling errors. I need to work on my hand writing so that I can read it correctly afterwards.

C. King Leoric’s sword

Griswold also makes the Griswold’s Edge within the game but that is a completely other item (which is of its own type by the way).

A. Griswold

B. 4 years

He purchased it only a few months before all things got started.

C. Khanduras

C. Cathan

I had hoped this would be a real difficulty question, but it seemed most knew it. Have everyone really read the manual that thoroughly AND remember it?

A. Inarius

He believed himself to be above both angels and demons and thus left and built a great cathedral in glass and crystal. He then attacked a temple of worship for Mephisto who got so mad that he went to Inarius cathedral, destroyed it and captured Inarius. He then tore of the wings of Inarius and distorted his appearance to what is now the overlords.

A. Izual

Izual was a lieutenant to the Arch-Angel Tyrael. When he led the attack upon the Hellforge where Shadowfang was near completion, he was lost to the darkness.

A. Tal Rasha
B. Cain
C. Tyrael

This was a trick question, all have been members of the Horadrim. But, hey, if you want your own well in the World of Diablo, you really need to know such things, right?

B. triangle

An easy question to make people happy after the trick question above.

B. Sisters of the sightless eye.

And yes, it should be without an s at the end.

B. 7

The Great evils are 7. There are 4 lesser ones and 3 prime ones.

A. Baal

I had initially thought about asking who is the lord of Sin. You may get a bonus point if you can answer that right now!

19. In the dungeons you will meet a monster type that is what is left Inarius and his follower after they were captured by Mephisto. What is the monster type?
A. Overlords

See above.

B. Mephisto

C. Fortress of bone

Most people guessed his fortress would be ”of hatred”, just as he himself is the Lord of Hateress, but that is not the case, his fortress is ”of bone”.

B. King Leoric

A few easy questions to boost the morale before the real hard ones.

And now, to separate the skilful ones from the lucky ones, the questions with no alternatives.

A raising sun. Please note that a setting sun does look completely different in its colour schemes. Just ”a sun” does not count either since it can be either raising, setting, up or down.

Prince Albrecht.

Farnham, who else could have said such a thing:)

Lachdanan

A golden elixir.

28. Who is Canance?

My apologies, this should of course have been Canace, Wirt’s mother (not grand mother according to my notes).

The coming of the Great Conflict to the mortal realm is known as the Sin War (straight from the manual of the game, who said it was not a useful bunch of paper?)

The three brothers realized that Man was the key to victory against Heaven and thus devoted their attention to the Sin war. This made the lesser evils to lose faith in the three brothers and a revolution started led mainly by Azmodan and Belial and all of Hell went to war against the three brothers. The three brothers were overcome by the Horned death and were banished to the mortal realm, this banishment is known as the Dark Exile.

Duriel.

A religion in the name of the Light which originated form the Far East. It started to spread in the kingdom of Westmarch and was the reason why lord Leoric (he was only a lord in the Kingdom of Westmarch). And again, yes, a typo, it should be an m at the end.

Oh, Azmodan is the lord of Sin.

And now for the results. Forgive me if I have counted erroneously. I tried my best but a lot of you answered the quiz.

7-9 - Well, at least I got an average result by guessing madly at the ”three choices” questions.
9 Harm

Right after 10-12 - Not bad, you are at least interested in learning the history behind it all.
13 ByPreX

14-16 - You did OK. Still a lot to learn though.
14 Romendacil
15 DeeBye
15 Mean Jean929(Mean ALE)
16 Arnold Layne
16 Mephista
16 Sir Nick

17-19 - Nice, you are above average in the knowledge of the story of Diablo.
17 J6
17 Leshy
17 Queto Yurlunyur
18 TELOD
18 El Gecko
18 Ben
19 Falomin
19 Talon

20-22 - Good! You have just proven that you are a true enthusiast of Diablo and its underlying story.
20 Boutros-Boutros
22 Acathla
22 Esau
22 Mr Guy

23-25 - Excellent! Even Cain the story teller would have a hard time finding tales you are not aware of.
23 TheMikrobe
23 Yuxtapose
24 Bloody Hand
25 Keeper of Hell

26-28 - You are a true expert and knows most everything about the land and its history. (or you have cheated as a quiz writer for Blizzard:)
26 Caius
26 FoxBat
27 Zamal

29-31 - Ha! I am one of the designers of the game. Bad memory was the reason I failed some of the answers.
29.5 AdvocateofMurphy (only half a point for the last answer, yes I *am* tough)
30 Kasreyn
Quote:I had initially thought about asking who is the lord of Sin. You may get a bonus point if you can answer that right now!
Azmodan! Azmodan!
Oh.:mellow:You answered it yourself later.<_<

Quote:29.5 AdvocateofMurphy (only half a point for the last answer, yes I *am* tough)
30 Kasreyn
:o:o:o
These guys must have been, like, obsessed with Diablo...:blink:

Greetings and many thanks, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Quote:
Quote:29.5 AdvocateofMurphy (only half a point for the last answer, yes I *am* tough)
30 Kasreyn

These guys must have been, like, obsessed with Diablo...:blink:

You can say that again.

-Lemmy
Quote:These guys must have been, like, obsessed with Diablo...:blink:

You can say that again.

-Lemmy

These guys must have been, like, obsessed with Diablo...

Whatever happened to that AdvocateOfMurphy guy, anyway? Haven't seen him around in a long time.
Quote:These guys must have been, like, obsessed with Diablo...

Whatever happened to that AdvocateOfMurphy guy, anyway? Haven't seen him around in a long time.

I think he converted to Murpholicism and became FriarofMurphy.

-Lemming
Who cares, he was such a shmuck.;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Who cares, he was such a shmuck.;)

Um... I don't think you'd be saying such things if you knew what account this particular person posts as now... <span style="color:#32270E">This user did not highlight the text of my original post. FOOLED YOU! Of course it's just a joke!
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:Um... I don't think you'd be saying such things if you knew what account this particular person posts as now... <span style="color:#32270E">This user did not highlight the text of my original post. FOOLED YOU! Of course it's just a joke!

Uh-I think they DO know:)
What Thenryb said.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields