Escape from Durnholde Keep
After a few problematic runs, I've come across some things that may help you out to avoid problems with this buggy quest.

First of all, the waves are fast with no downtime. Fast CC is critical, don't bother trying to mark each wave.

Take note of your location every time you talk to Thrall. Each time you tell him to go is like a waypoint; if he dies, he'll respawn back at that location.

If Thrall bugs out and just stands around doing nothing, drag some guards from Tarren Mill and let them kill Thrall.

Do not fear inside the house at Tarren Mill. It causes 3 problems due to mobs running through the house walls:
1) Adds patrolling outside can be aggro'd
2) Thrall can get stuck in a wall, unable to be healed
3) Taretha can despawn

When the dragonkin waves come, makes sure the tank is standing out in front.

That's about it. Good luck.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Quote:Do not fear inside the house at Tarren Mill. It causes 3 problems due to mobs running through the house walls:
3) Taretha can despawn
It didn't occur to me to try to heal Thrall. When I did it he tanked the whole quest without any need for healing.

I'd add one more tip for healers: if someone dies during the last encounter (the one outside the house), don't try to resurrect them when out of combat. There isn't quite enough time between waves to complete the spell, and you're better off grabbing a drink.
Quote:It didn't occur to me to try to heal Thrall. When I did it he tanked the whole quest without any need for healing.

You can heal him, but I wouldn't. It's like pouring a glass of water into a lake. He's kind of like the Lieutenant in the Rajaxx encounter only worse -- massive health, but paper for armor. A full rank greater heal from my holy priest amounted to about 2% of Thrall's health if I recall correctly. He pops back up to full after each wave, so don't bother to heal him. If he gets in trouble, taunt off of him.

The first time I did it I wasted a lot of mana healing him. You're better off saving it in my opinion. As far as him tanking, by all means let him do it for a while if you want, but his threat generation is not good at all, so DPS must be very careful if you're going to try actually killing a target he is tanking.
For druids: the dragonkin in the waves at the end can be hibernated. However, Thrall will break them if there are no active dragonkin left to be fought.
Everything in there is trappable as well, with the exception of the bosses. Hunter trap + pet off tanking the casters that you want to kill first can help quite a bit. But yeah Thrall will break any type of CC if there is nothing else for him to beat on. So it's really hard to double trap. Single traps aren't too bad to do though. The fight where he gets his horse the boss will dispell CC though so you need to out range him on the CC positioning or deal with it other ways. Final encounter the waves alternate which side they come from so you can pre place a trap and get something out of the fight for a few seconds.

I've never actually seen any of it bug, though I can see how it might.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:After a few problematic runs, I've come across some things that may help you out to avoid problems with this buggy quest.
First of all, the waves are fast with no downtime. Fast CC is critical, don't bother trying to mark each wave.
Take note of your location every time you talk to Thrall. Each time you tell him to go is like a waypoint; if he dies, he'll respawn back at that location.

If Thrall bugs out and just stands around doing nothing, drag some guards from Tarren Mill and let them kill Thrall.

Do not fear inside the house at Tarren Mill. It causes 3 problems due to mobs running through the house walls:
3) Taretha can despawn

When the dragonkin waves come, makes sure the tank is standing out in front.
That's about it. Good luck.

During the final battle waves, AoE Fear is your friend. With a Warlock along and a Priest fear bombing, the fights become very easy.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.