WarCraft Armory
America
Europe

Basically, an online profiles page a la Thott and the like, including information about Battlegroups, PvP history, professions, talents (Problematically giving your build a label, like Balance or Hybrid depending on where you've spent the points. At 21/30/00 I'm officially a Hybrid).

It's pretty interesting, to say the least. Each player will be able to have a detailed profile page without add-ons. At the moment there's no issue of privacy: If you have a character in the game, it'll appear on the Armory pages. Naturally, this has cheesed quite a few people off.

Still, I like it myself. It's a hell of a lot more detail than Thott's or Alakh's profile system.

My profile, for the curious and if you want to laugh at me. I really ought to get rid of that Prarie Ring that I picked up all the way back in the Barrens...
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
That's pretty neat. There is a lot of info shown there, and I assume it's updated pretty frequently. No more CTProfiles.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
:blink:

Apparently it does not only show the equipment of characters but also the current active buffs!

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Some amusing things from the site:

Q: Why aren't my lifetime honorable kills displayed under Achievements?
A: In order to have your lifetime honorable kills displayed, you must have at least 1337 honorable kills.

Haha, nice one, Blizzard. But I can see that some of us Lurkers REALLY need to PvP more...

Only catch with Blizzard's system of real-time information is that it's not always completely revealing. For instance, if you look up Cleoboltra at the moment, you'll catch her in her DPS gear and if you didn't check her talents, you might think she was a LOLSmiter or something.

Overall though, I can see how people would have issues with the whole privacy thing. No longer can people hide their specs from others, and you can bet that top PvP'ers/raiders will have their specs thoroughly analyzed.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
You can also browse guild and arena teams, as well as the arena ladder for your battlegroup.

My battlegroup has the best team name. No contest.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I wonder how fast it does update. When I first logged on last night I put some DPS gear on and was grinding. Then logged off for a bit. Later I came back and ran an instance with tank gear, and then logged for the night. When I check my profile I'm still in my DPS gear.

But it is really cool. CT Profile has never finished updating after the expansion has come out, and it's gotten pretty annoying. I'm glad Blizzard made something like this.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Thats awesome. My profiles are in my signature. Great move Blizzard.:)
This is definitely a nice new feature that the Blizzard website has started up. It would be cool if Blizzard implemented a function similar to Itemrack in game and then used that data to port to different item sets in the Armory, as well. That would be the way that I would expect to see those sorts of changes get put through. :)
-TheDragoon
Now all we need is a list like "The 100 richest People in World of WarCraft" so that we can filter and report the chinese gold farmers easier;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Interestingly enough, my shamanon Terenas is the only Mogoraindyn in the database despite the fact that I can no longer make a Mogoraindyn placeholder character on Stormrage. I had the name on SR, but then deleted the character to remake her and it told me that name is unavailable, but it still doesn't show a Mogoraindyn on SR. *shrugs*
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Interestingly enough, my shamanon Terenas is the only Mogoraindyn in the database despite the fact that I can no longer make a Mogoraindyn placeholder character on Stormrage. I had the name on SR, but then deleted the character to remake her and it told me that name is unavailable, but it still doesn't show a Mogoraindyn on SR. *shrugs*
The Durambar on Terenas is the only Durambar found by a search of all US realms. However, I do have a Durambar (level 18) on Stormrage, who still exists. The database only has recently logged in characters, from what I can tell.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
My friend who plays EQ says that they have the same database, and that you have to pay ($$, not gold) to see some of the info.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:The database only has recently logged in characters, from what I can tell.
<strike>It also only shows toons above level 10 so a placeholder wouldn't show.</strike> Never mind, they do show but they won't have a character sheet. I also found an oddity on the character search. If I search for "lochn", I get just a single character. If I search for "lochna", I get 42 toons. (There are a lot of Lochnars out there. I wish it listed character creation date so I could tell if anyone actually beat me to my name, which I've used since Diablo came out.)

P.S. Curse you Bolty! I came to post the 1337 find and you beat me to it.:angry:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
It's really neat, but it doesn't seem to like Firefox very much -- it's crashed Firefox for me several times in a row.
Of course, your mileage may vary.
Quote:It's really neat, but it doesn't seem to like Firefox very much -- it's crashed Firefox for me several times in a row.

It's weird that I'm hearing mixed reports about this. I haven't experienced any Firefox issues, myself.

Of course, there's an important distinction here. Not displaying properly is typically the web designer's fault. Crashing is Firefox's fault.

If anyone who's crashing in Firefox feels like digging further, could you find the Talkback IDs of the crash and list them? I can't remember the exact details of how to find it, but a copy of each crash Talkback report is saved locally (either profile or program folder) before submission. I don't see any worldofwarcraft.com/armory crashes in http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:It's really neat, but it doesn't seem to like Firefox very much -- it's crashed Firefox for me several times in a row.
I didn't have any crashes with it in Firefox, and I was playing with it quite a while. It's also intersting to note this from their FAQ:

Quote:What are the recommended and supported browsers for the Armory?
The Armory supports Internet Explorer (version 6.0 and up), Opera 9, and Safari. However, the Armory is best experienced with Firefox. In addition, certain features require Flash Player to function. Currently, the arena team icons are Flash elements, and future aspects of the Armory may be reliant on Flash as well.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Of course, there's an important distinction here. Not displaying properly is typically the web designer's fault. Crashing is Firefox's fault.

Holy cow, could you imagine how much of a mess the web would be if web designers could purposefully crash a browser?

That would be ugly.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I didn't have any crashes with it in Firefox, and I was playing with it quite a while. It's also intersting to note this from their FAQ:
That is interesting, and more what I expected. I'm not sure if talkback even caught the crash -- it locked up *hard*, although Windows did catch it (and Microsoft unhelpfully and incorrectly informed me that "Mozilla Firefox has an updated version for you to download").

I'm trying it again, and it seems stable now. The crashes were when the "Updating" message was displaying; the browser would simply stop responding. Hope it doesn't recur -- it's a pretty neat app.
Of course, your mileage may vary.
Since it is partially Flash based, I'm inclined to believe the crash was in the Flash plugin rather than the browser itself.

Flash without clean installs or old versions is pretty notorious when it comes to stability.

I still don't see any Talkbacks for Armory crashes, it's possible that a plugin causing the crash could be the root of that ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Very cool.
I love that you can check stuff like profession levels and weapon skills. :P

http://armory.wow-europe.com/#character-sh...en+Mill&n=Ranae