Raiding Consumables
I was compiling a list of raiding consumables for my guild. This isn't necessarily meant as a list to end all other lists, but a helpful guide in what consumables are available at higher end raiding in TBC, and I thought some of you might get some use out of it.

In some cases I've included some "Old World" recipes as they would still be useful and in some cases easier to obtain.

Consumables listed next to each other do not stack or stack with minimal additional benefit.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Tanks

Essential
Elixir of the Mongoose (25 Agility, 28 Crit Strike Rating) or Elixir of Major Agilty (35 Agility, 20 Crit Strike Rating) or Elixir of Greater Agility (25 Agility)
Elixir of Fortitude (120 HP)
Flask of Fortification (1500 HP, 30 Defense Rating) or Flask of Titans (1200 HP)
Spirit of Zanza (50 Spirit, 50 Stamina) or Lung Juice Cocktail (25 Stamina)

Elixir of Major Defense (550 Armor)
Ironshield Potion (2500 Armor for 2 minutes) or Stoneshield Potion (2000 Armor for 2 minutes)

Super Healing Potion (1500-2500 Health)

Elixir of Mastery (15 All Stats)
Rumsey Rum Black Label (15 Stamina)

Weapon Buffs
Adamantite Sharpening Stone (12 Weapon Damage, 14 Critical Hit Rating)
Fel Sharpening Stone (12 Weapon Damage)

Adamantite Weightstone (12 Weapon Damage, 14 Critical Hit Rating)
Fel Weightstones (12 Weapon Damage

Suggested

Gift of Arthas (10 Shadow Resist, chance on attack to increase damage to target)
Elixir of Demonslaying (265 Attack Power against Demons)
Major Troll's Blood Potion (20 HP/5)

Mighty Rage Potion (Increases Rage 45-75, Increases Strength by 60)

Stamina Foods
Spicy Crawdad (30 Stamina, 20 Spirit)
Talbuk Steak (20 Stamina, 20 Spirit)
Buzzard Bites (20 Stamina, 20 Spirit)
Clam Bar (20 Stamina, 20 Spirit)
Feltail Delight (20 Stamina, 20 Spirit)
Blackened Sporefish (20 Stamina, 8 MP/5)

Notes:
Obviously, you can only have 1 Flask at a time
Rumsey Rum is Available at your local Bartender in Old Hillsbrad.

Ranged/Melee DPS

Essential
Fel Strength Elixir (+120 Attack Power, -20 Stamina)
Elixir of Major Strength (35 Strength) or Elixir of Giants (25 Strength)
Elixir of the Mongoose (25 Agility, 28 Crit Strike Rating) or Elixir of Major Agilty (35 Agility, 20 Crit Strike Rating) or Elixir of Greater Agility (25 Agility)
Flask of Relentless Assault (360 Attack Power)
Onslaught Elixir (60 Attack Power)

Super Mana Potion (1800-3000 Mana)
Fel Mana Potion (3200 Mana over 24 sec, -25 dam/heal for 15 min. Debuff stacks to 10)

Weapon Buffs
Adamantite Sharpening Stone (12 Weapon Damage, 14 Critical Hit Rating)
Fel Sharpening Stone (12 Weapon Damage)

Adamantite Weightstone (12 Weapon Damage, 14 Critical Hit Rating)
Fel Weightstones (12 Weapon Damage

Suggested

Gift of Arthas (10 Shadow Resist, chance on attack to increase damage to target)
Elixir of Demonslaying (265 Attack Power against Demons)

Flask of Titans (1200 HP) or Flask of Fortification (1500 HP, 30 Defense Rating) or Lung Juice Cocktail (25 Stamina) or Spirit of Zanza (50 Spirit, 50 Stamina)

Class Specific
Mighty Rage Potion (Increases Rage 45-75, Increases Strength by 60)
Thistle Tea (Instantly Restores 100 Energy) - Diminished at 70?
Sporeling Snack (Increases Pet's Stamina by 20, Spirit 20)

DPS Foods
Roasted Clefthoof (20 Strength, 20 Spirit)
Warp Burger (20 Agility, 20 Spirit)
Grilled Mudfish (20 Agilty, 20 Spirit)
Ravager Dog (40 Attack Power, 20 Spirit)

Stamina Foods

Notes:
Obviously, you can only have 1 Flask at a time

Healer

Essentials
Elixir of Major Mageblood (16 MP/5)
Flask of Mighty Restoration (70 MP/5) or Flask of Distilled Wisdom (2000 Mana)
Elixir of Healing Power (50 Healing)
Adept Elixir (24 Spell Damage, 24 Spell Crit Rating)
Brilliant Mana Oil (25 Healing, 12 MP/5) or Superior mana Oil (14 MP/5)

Fel Mana Potion (3200 Mana over 24 sec, -25 dam/heal for 15 min. Debuff stacks to 10)

Suggested

Flask of Titans (1200 HP) or Flask of Fortification (1500 HP, 30 Defense Rating) or Lung Juice Cocktail (25 Stamina) or Spirit of Zanza (50 Spirit, 50 Stamina)

Healing Foods
Golden Fish Sticks (44 Healing, 20 Spirit)

MP/5 Food
Nightfin Soup (8 MP/5)

Stamina Foods

Notes:
Obviously, you can only have 1 Flask up at a time.

DPS Caster

Essentials
Greater Arcane Elixir (35 Spell Damage) or Adept Elixir (24 Spell Damage, 24 Spell Crit Rating)
Flask of Supreme Power (150 Spell Damage) or Flask of Mighty Restoration (70 MP/5)
Elixir of Major Shadow Power or Elixir of Major Firepower or Elixir of Major Frost Power (65 Spell Damage from School)
Brilliant Wizard Oil (36 Spell Damage, 14 Spell Crit Rating) or Superior Wizard Oil (42 Spell Damage)

Suggested
Elixir of Major Mageblood (16 MP/5)

Spell Damage Foods
Poached Bluefish (23 Spell Damage, 20 Spirit)
Blackened Basilisk (23 Spell Damage, 20 Spirit)
Oronok's Tuber of Spell Power (23 Spell Damage, 20 Spirit) From quest

Stamina Foods

Notes:
According to a Mage in my guild, Flask of Mighty Restoration is actually better for a mage than Supreme Power in situations where it is a longer fight.
Also, obviously, you can only have 1 Flask up at a time.
Adept Elixir and Greater Arcane Elixir do not fully stack, however you can get the crit from Adept and +Dam from GAE if you drink both.

Situationals
Greater Rune of Shielding (Absorbs 4000 damage) or Greater Rune of Warding (Stops 400 damage every 2 min. for 1 hour)

Limited Invulnerability Potions (Immune to physical damage for 6 secs)

Nightmare Seed (2000 health for 30 seconds)

Oil of Immolation (50 Fire damage to enemies in5 yds every 3 seconds for 15 sec)

Resistance Potions

Greater Arcane Protection Potion
Major Arcan Protection Potion

Greater Fire Protection Potion
Major Fire Protection Potion

Greater Frost Protection Potion
Major Frost Protection Potion

Greater Nature Protection Potion
Major Nature Protection Potion

Greater Shadow Protection Potion
Major Shadow Protection Potion

Nice list. Thanks for pointing out you can purchase the rum in oldhillsbrad. Can you just walk (or stealth) to it? Or can you only get it as part of a clear?

You left off the 25 to healing on the brilliant mana oil.
Quote:Nice list. Thanks for pointing out you can purchase the rum in oldhillsbrad. Can you just walk (or stealth) to it? Or can you only get it as part of a clear

You can just walk to it. It's in Southshore, and all the instance action takes place around the Keep. So as long as you are in a group, you can wander in, and wander around Old Southshore all you like.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Edit: Not hitting refresh before a reply for the loss. :) Mirajj covered it. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:You can just walk to it. It's in Southshore, and all the instance action takes place around the Keep. So as long as you are in a group, you can wander in, and wander around Old Southshore all you like.

Actually, no group required. I wandered into Southshore and all the non-hostile areas alone one night, checking it out.
--Mav
Do onslaught and fel strength stack?

Any reason why onslaught and major strength aren't recommended for tanking?
Quote:Do onslaught and fel strength stack?

Any reason why onslaught and major strength aren't recommended for tanking?
From what I was told they do stack. I fit into the caster category.

I had asked one of our tanks regarding whether he used DPS consumables as well. He stated that even with the increased buff limit it was still possible for his buffs to get knocked off if he overdid it. Now that we have shaman totems (which i believe count as buffs) this would be even more true.

Also thank you for pointing out my oversight :D

What about Nightmare Seed (2000 health for 30 secs)
Quote:What about Nightmare Seed (2000 health for 30 secs)

I don't know how useful that is, sharing cooldown with healthstones (and I'm pretty sure nearly every raid will have at least one lock:P) but worth considering:D
Quote:I don't know how useful that is, sharing cooldown with healthstones (and I'm pretty sure nearly every raid will have at least one lock:P) but worth considering:D
Given a 10 minute fight, with an enrage at 10%, Seeds are extremely handy. To handle various spikes or heal shortages Tiga often had used the 1 or 2 healthstones at his disposal by 10%. Also pot was usually on cooldown from keeping +armor running, thus in combination with Last Stand / Regal Protectorate you can push yourself into very, very high HP numbers to give your healers more leeway (to say, a chance:D).

Keep up the good work, Arethor.
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Very nice list, makes me mortally afraid of the grind again:)

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Oil of immolation appears to work on the scarecrow in the wizard of oz opera event in karazhan.
Quote:Oil of immolation appears to work on the scarecrow in the wizard of oz opera event in karazhan.

Bound to be nerfed, then, like the "wow, it actually had a use in the game, briefly" Luffa trinket. Can't have people devising innovative solutions to the fights! Nerf it before alchemy becomes THE end-game tradeskill for raiders!

...oh, wait.
You don't know what you're talking about.
You missed what, in my opinion, is the most essential mana potion out there!

Fel Mana Potion (3200 mana at a cost of -25 +dmg/heal for 15 minutes)

Consider how much +heal a current well-geared L70 healer has. Sirreal is sitting at around 1400 +heal. I'm sitting at ~1000 +heal (and I'm not well geared). With my gear, a reduction of 25 +heal is pretty darn minimal when you consider that it's guaranteeing 3200 mana every 2 minutes (Super Mana is 1800-3000. Quite a difference).

When we take some swings at the Curator this weekend, I fully intend to have a few stacks of Fel Mana potions, and be buffed with a Flask of Mighty Restoration, Superior Mana Oil, Major Mageblood, and Golden Fishsticks for a net boost (including the Fel Mana penalty) of 100mp5, 19 +heal, and 20 spirit.
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Nynaeve <span style="color:#33CC00">70 Draenei Priest <Emeritus>, Stormrage
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Riselar <span style="color:#33CC00">60 Night Elf Druid <Emeritus>, Stormrage
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Dynatos <span style="color:#33CC00">60 Dwarf Warrior <Emeritus>, Stormrage
Quote:When we take some swings at the Curator this weekend, I fully intend to have a few stacks of Fel Mana potions, and be buffed with a Flask of Mighty Restoration, Superior Mana Oil, Major Mageblood, and Golden Fishsticks for a net boost (including the Fel Mana penalty) of 100mp5, 19 +heal, and 20 spirit.
And this is why consumables are broken.

100 mp/5 will equate to twelve thousand mana over a 10 minute fight. Not that I didn't do the same thing for the Curator for the first kill, either, sans the flask - but it's still broken. Especially for healers, consumables can vault someone over 2 to 3 tiers of gear.

There's a reason why consumable buffs aren't allowed in the Arena. And there would be no problem allowing them for raids if it weren't for the fact that Blizzard is balancing raid encounters FOR the consumables, meaning that for each hour of hardcore raiding, you're spending 2 to 4 hours farming. For 95% of guilds, this is not sustainable. You can't have a full time job/family/whatever and sustain that. It's supposed to be a game.

If you keep allowing consumables but balance the raids assuming they won't be used, then yes, guilds like Risen, Nihilum, Death and Taxes, etc, will blow through it all in days. Is this a problem? I don't know. Perhaps Blizzard really does know what they're doing; their track record all along is to release content in OMGSuperHardMode and then steadily nerf it to make it more and more accessible as time goes on. Unless they screw it up like Maiden of Virtue, a boss so hilariously easy that they've buffed her twice.

Unless Gruul is "tuned" (read: nerfed), it's unlikely I'll ever see him dead because I don't run in a guild that's capable of doing something like flasking the entire raid - not that I think I'd want to. No offense meant to those here who do; I wouldn't be able to keep up with the pressure to get the mats for multiple flasks per week. I want raid encounters based on skill (like Aran and C'Thun), not how many hours you've farmed for flasks, food, oils, and potions. Again, I'm not dissing the guilds that have the drive and time to do these things, just wishing content wasn't designed with these guilds in mind.

MMOs, as always, come down to time /played and the smart use of it. Maybe someday a developer will figure out a way to break that.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.