Patch 2.0.10
Tanked Arc (normal) last night, went pretty smoothly. We're not broken. The promise of forthcoming itemisation is very good news.
Quote:I was under the impression Shield Slam was the highest-threat move we have, especially as our gear levels increase. I think Revenge is the most Rage-efficient, however.
Right, that's what I meant, even if it wasn't what I said. Revenge is the most rage-efficient threat move.

And Warlock, we're definitely not broken. As for the forthcoming itemization... it's a vague promise, one I think they've made before. But it does look good.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I'm glad they made the cooldown on Prayer of Mending 10 seconds instead of the original 20 seconds. Funny that it matches what I suggested. Is a Blizzard developer Lurking?
Quote:
*The rage normalization equation has been adjusted to grant more rage. The typical warrior should see an increase of 15% to 20% in their rage generation.

I'm really enjoying solo fights now. Slam is no longer a luxury and I have to remember to execute now or have more rage than I can spend. Tanking I've only had issues at the start of the fight this change allows me to thunderclap faster.

Quote:
*All warriors had their critical strike chance adjusted upward slightly (about 1%).
A minor change and iirc I'm running at around 21% crit at 70 but until more dps gear drops every bit helps. Still miss my 30% crit from my 60 dps days.:)

Quote:
*"Thunder Clap" is now useable in Defensive Stance. In addition, the tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it causes additional threat.

Wonderful change. Doesn't make tanking multiple mobs ez-mode but I no longer have to sunder each one before a heal to prevent healer peel. If the dps are monkeys they'll still get aggro but the old maxim of you pull it you tank it covers that.

Quote:
*The cooldown on "Victory Rush" has been removed, and it can now be used up to 20 seconds after killing an enemy.

Meh. Nice having a zero-rage instant attack but any bandaging or eating means you're sitting out the rush.

Quote:
*"Unbridled Wrath" has been modified so that rather than a fixed chance to grant rage, it has an increased chance when using slower weapons.

Nice change for us old sk00l MS warriors. Now if only Blizzard would add more 2 handed epic swords.:)

Quote:
*Increased the health bonus from "Commanding Shout" by 50%.

Nice change especially considering the item changes that lowered some tanking gear stats.

Quote:
*"Improved Battle Shout" talent renamed to "Commanding Presence" and now increases the health bonus from "Commanding Shout" in addition to increasing the melee attack power from "Battle Shout".

Now if I only had IBS again but with picking up the talents that helped me tank I had to skip them.

Overall I'm pleased with the changes. Warriors can breathe a little easier soloing and tanking the massive pulls in TBC instances.:)
Quote:Meh. Nice having a zero-rage instant attack but any bandaging or eating means you're sitting out the rush.

20 sec vs. 15 sec. is the difference between comfortably squeezing a bandage in between grinding for me.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:20 sec vs. 15 sec. is the difference between comfortably squeezing a bandage in between grinding for me.

Yeah, I'm liking it a lot better, too, and I've got tons of rage now.

--Mav
Quote:20 sec vs. 15 sec. is the difference between comfortably squeezing a bandage in between grinding for me.

You don't pull two or three at a time?:D
Quote:You don't pull two or three at a time?:D
Only every 30s when Sweeping Strikes is up. :D

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Only every 30s when Sweeping Strikes is up. :D

~Frag

Oddly enough I never use sweeping strikes anymore. WW and imp cleave seem to do the trick better. <.<