It's 2am...
Frankly, it was even later than that, and I have no idea what prompted me to not only read the official rogue boards, then to take them seriously (:blink:), and finally to give in a make a post. In the cold, harsh brightness of the daylight (actually, it's overclouded, but come on) the guilt settled in and I went back to see the results of my stupidity.

The topic of the thread was basically that rogue dps isn't so far ahead of other classes that some sort of utility trade off would be a nice incentive to bring rogues to raids as they take more healer mana to keep them upright. I'm not sure, now that I'm awake, that I neccesarily agree with that sentiment. That being said, something that allowed me to buff the other melee people in my group, save a caster, or have a secondary potential action on most pulls (i.e. a change to us, not the encounters) wouldn't be unwelcome.

Here is the idea I proposed and I'm wondering if anyone here has a take on it. (Last post on the page)

For those opposed to swinging by that wretched hive I'll repost it here for consideration:
Quote:"This is not the Shaman you are looking for"
1-30yard range
30 energy
10s cooldown (Ability also triggers Feint's cooldown)
"<This> ability causes targetted party/raid member to lose a large amount of threat and you to gain that much threat. Your chance to dodge is reduced by 10% for 15s"

Mob is beating on tank, and casting hungry glances at said threatening Shaman, you step in between the Shaman and the Mob and do a little song & dance about it's mother being a blood elf. Suddenly the Big Meanie isn't so interested in Bloodlust-boy, but rather in smacking you, provided he can shake the damn tank on him. Your intervention has left you a little more open than you normally present yourself.

Cheers,
~Frag :blush:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Frankly, it was even later than that, and I have no idea what prompted me to not only read the official rogue boards, then to take them seriously (:blink:), and finally to give in a make a post. In the cold, harsh brightness of the daylight (actually, it's overclouded, but come on) the guilt settled in and I went back to see the results of my stupidity.

The topic of the thread was basically that rogue dps isn't so far ahead of other classes that some sort of utility trade off would be a nice incentive to bring rogues to raids as they take more healer mana to keep them upright. I'm not sure, now that I'm awake, that I neccesarily agree with that sentiment. That being said, something that allowed me to buff the other melee people in my group, save a caster, or have a secondary potential action on most pulls (i.e. a change to us, not the encounters) wouldn't be unwelcome.

Here is the idea I proposed and I'm wondering if anyone here has a take on it. (Last post on the page)

For those opposed to swinging by that wretched hive I'll repost it here for consideration:
Cheers,
~Frag :blush:
Not a bad idea, it would have to have a decent range to have any use though, so it can be cast on warlocks.;)

I don't think rogues have a problem with their dps at all... our top geared rogue beat out a few locks on the damage meters at gruul last night, and lock dps is pretty broken atm.

I think the class that needs the most raid help right now is hunter.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Neat idea! I would be more inclined to add the 10% dodge instead of decrease it. A rodeo clown (pretty similar to this concept) doesn't run out there to take the hits, it runs out there with the express purpose of distracting the bull from hitting the downed rider without getting hit himself.
Not bad, and I agree with the extra survivability (or at least don't decrease it).

I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more tanking potential in rogues generally (not available to every spec, but something you could build towards). More swash, buckle and bravado. The talent that increases healing effectiveness is a good start. Add "Brag" on the Feint cooldown with reverse the threat effect, perhaps:)
Quote:I think the class that needs the most raid help right now is hunter.

Right after they fix the problem with them being able to drop traps in combat, while moving<_<
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.