Stats give spellpower?
During a Karazhan run today I was fiddling with my gear and kept getting small inconsistencies in my +shadow power stat. Eventually I realized that my spellpower was going up by about 3 when blessing of kings was active. A similar effect was noticed with mark of the wild. I do not have the "spiritual guidance" talent (my current build), no weird buffs were active and my gear doesn't have any strange on-equip effects that might cause it. Not having much gear suitable for isolating changes in spellpower from changes in other stats made it hard to nail down, but it appears that i'm getting somewhere in the ballpark of +1 spellpower for every +20 to some base stat. Does anyone know anything about this?
Got Priest?™

A Priest in your party/raid specced with Improved Divine Spirit will provide a 10%-of-your-spirit boost to spell damage and healing. So you'd be seeing a +2 damage for a 20 point increase in spirit.

Not to terribly big a deal in 5 and 10 man groups, but you'd always want to have at least one of such Priest around in a 25 or 40 man raid because the damage boost to everyone involved can add up. DPS is king.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Got Priest?™

A Priest in your party/raid specced with Improved Divine Spirit will provide a 10%-of-your-spirit boost to spell damage and healing. So you'd be seeing a +2 damage for a 20 point increase in spirit.

Not to terribly big a deal in 5 and 10 man groups, but you'd always want to have at least one of such Priest around in a 25 or 40 man raid because the damage boost to everyone involved can add up. DPS is king.

-Bolty

Aha, that explains it. I had forgotten that the discipline tree keeps going past Inner Focus.