An item I never knew existed
Hey, this is neat. For those adverse to link-clicking:

Code:
Mark of the Dragon Lord
Binds when picked up
Finger
Requires Level 56
Use: A protective mana shield surrounds the caster absorbing 500 damage. While the shield holds, increases mana regeneration by 22 every 5 sec for 30 min.
Cooldown: 30 min
Sells for 2 Gold 13 Silver 72 Copper to vendors
Item Level 61
I'm not so sure if it beats out such whoppers I have now like Violet Signet of the Grand Restorer, but I sure wish I had this puppy back in the pre-expansion days. I'd have likely torn my hair out trying to get it, since nobody ever wants to do LBRS runs and the drop rate is abysmal.

I can think of all kinds of boss fights where I wouldn't take damage, and thus this would be quite useful. It's a better-than-3-pc-Transcendence-bonus item, all in one item.

Are there any other weird, little-known-of items out there in World of Warcraft that have unique/different/useful properties? Besides the obvious ones, that is. Let people know!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Krystian got that on her very first LBRS run and I used it as a tank tester. Activate and tell the tank "Don't let my shield drop" but found that there were not very many fights where I didn't take some kind of incidental damage and stopped using it.
That dropped on an LBRS run I did and Gnollguy's Druid, Taranna, got it, I believe. B)
-TheDragoon
Quote:That dropped on an LBRS run I did and Gnollguy's Druid, Taranna, got it, I believe. B)
Yep. Taranna used that puppy for quite a while.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Krystian got that on her very first LBRS run and I used it as a tank tester. Activate and tell the tank "Don't let my shield drop" but found that there were not very many fights where I didn't take some kind of incidental damage and stopped using it.

Pretty much the same story with my priest. I gots one, thought it was awesome, used it a couple times and realized there is a lot more incidental damage that happens than I realized.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Pretty much the same story with my priest. I gots one, thought it was awesome, used it a couple times and realized there is a lot more incidental damage that happens than I realized.

Yep, I used it on Taranna as much as I could. It was my healthy purple glow. :) But as mentioned as soon as the bubble drops the regen stops. And if you took the ring off you lost the bubble. There was one patch where you could swap rings after putting the bubble up, but that only lasted for a day or so as they fixed that with a hotfix for something else as well. It was a really useful ring then as if you lost the bubble oh well. It shows you just how much more often you take damage than you think and in the situations where it would stay up you generally didn't need the mana regen anyway.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
There's a nifty low-level engineering trinket that makes life in the Arcatraz a bit easier. Some of you might remember a nasty, nasty pull which consists of two of those broken robots after the second and third boss. Those robots are pretty wacky on the aggro, and seem to enjoy randomly breaking of the maintank in order to slap the healer silly, all the while zapping the hell out of everybody who's close to them.

The Gnomish Universal Remote (http://thottbot.com/i7506) makes life a bit easier. If it actually works, the other robot will generally be slain before the mind control effect fades, and even if it doesn't work properly, there's still a chance that the droid will be rooted for 20 seconds, which isn't a very bad thing, either. I suppose the "making it very very angry" part is sorta bad, though. Luckily, it hasn't happened to me thus far. Also, you should be aware of the fact that the controlled robot will still zap your partymembers. But at least it isn't running after healers or anything ^^

Apparently, before a certain hotfix was applied, you were also able to control Fel Reavers with this thing. Shame I never got to try it:P

As it is now, every mechanical in Outland I've encountered is immune to it, with the exception of the robots mentioned above. Still, unlike the engineering items which one could consider high-end before TBC, this item doesn't suffer from diminishing returns on higher level characters. Some consistency right there.
Quote:Also, you should be aware of the fact that the controlled robot will still zap your partymembers. But at least it isn't running after healers or anything ^^

This applies to frost traps too. Easy to deal with by just keeping the trap far enough away from the rest of the group though. But watching them zap people from in the trap was interesting to see.
---
Quote:Apparently, before a certain hotfix was applied, you were also able to control Fel Reavers with this thing. Shame I never got to try it:P
Probably been patched out by now, but at one point you could control the Curator, a boss in Karazhan, with the Universal Remote. Huge exploit, of course, since it would drop everyone from combat and let them drink/heal up.

Even Blizzard forgets about these low-level "junk" items. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
They caught the Universal Remote on Fel Reaver thing in beta, didn't know about Curator though, hella funny.

Cheers,
~FragB)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
On a related note, my favorite item that it appears almost no one has obtained is Thunderbrew's Boot Flask. The quest starts in the Dagger Hills for Alliance players and is only available at level 40. Thus, very few players ever wander up there at an appropriate level to see the exclamation mark. They're either too low, back in their questing days and not even seeing a silver "!", or level 60 (70 now) and running someone threw, too high to see the quest.

How can you beat a trinket that makes you breathe fire AND gets you drunk?

On a side note, it used to be a 5-minute cooldown before they increased it to 30. It was very handy back in the day.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:On a related note, my favorite item that it appears almost no one has obtained is Thunderbrew's Boot Flask. The quest starts in the Dagger Hills for Alliance players and is only available at level 40. Thus, very few players ever wander up there at an appropriate level to see the exclamation mark. They're either too low, back in their questing days and not even seeing a silver "!", or level 60 (70 now) and running someone threw, too high to see the quest.

How can you beat a trinket that makes you breathe fire AND gets you drunk?

On a side note, it used to be a 5-minute cooldown before they increased it to 30. It was very handy back in the day.

I had one of those, and I used to eat Dragonbreath Chili all the time as well. They nerfed the chili proc rate big time as well making it as useless as the bootflask. Though I understand the chili does use your +spell damage or did for a bit. So it could still be a lot of fun on a shaman or pally who will have +spell damage gear on and be swinging at mobs to get it proc.
---
Quote:How can you beat a trinket that makes you breathe fire AND gets you drunk?
Still fun to break that out of my bank from time to time and use it during a raid to make people go "WTF?"

-Bolty
Quote:I had one of those, and I used to eat Dragonbreath Chili all the time as well. They nerfed the chili proc rate big time as well making it as useless as the bootflask. Though I understand the chili does use your +spell damage or did for a bit. So it could still be a lot of fun on a shaman or pally who will have +spell damage gear on and be swinging at mobs to get it proc.

There is no memory I cherish more dearly from World of Warcraft than Gnolack tanking that Devilsaur while spewing Dragonbreath Chili as Littledude toasted it with Thunderbrew! Great and stragely entrancing moment. One of many, but one that stands out!

Goofballs forever!!!!!!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
When using another shield effect with the Mark what order do the shields take damage? Something like the VW sacrifice shield might hold for a while against just incidental damage.
Quote:When using another shield effect with the Mark what order do the shields take damage? Something like the VW sacrifice shield might hold for a while against just incidental damage.

IIRC it takes your Mark first then your shield effect.