Blacksmithing Specialization Respec
I have a question regarding blacksmithing and its specializations (armorsmith/weaponsmith specs):

Pre-TBC, I had blacksmithing with armorsmith, but dumped blacksmithing about a year ago when I wanted herbalism as second gather profession (in addition to mining).

If I now dump herbalism in TBC and level up blacksmith again, would it be possible to become a weaponsmith now or am I bound to me previous armorsmith choice?

I've heard that the first choice was final and binding pre-TBC, but since you can now unlearn i.e. DS leatherworking at the trainer, it should be possible, right?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
It is definitely possible -- that's one of the changes in TBC. But not having done it myself I don't know the details. My guess is since you're skilling from scratch, you just have to pick weaponsmith when it comes time.

[Image: 602280dKiCL.png]

Stormrage characters:
Holyrain, NE Bandage-spec Warrior, Level 70
Pannacea, Draenei Priest, Level 21
Meckwell, Human Bank, Level Tiny
Vicero, Human Bank, Level Tiny
I dumped armorsmith and picked up weaponsmith and macecrafting.

there is a cost associated to switch, I believe that cost is dependent upon your BS skill level at the time of switching. For me it was 100g and I was at 365 BS. It is lower at lower skill levels.

Not sure how it works when you are initially leveling. You may not even have to do the quests since you already did them (I didn't have to do any quests when I switched since I had already done the armorsmithing quests).
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Ok, thanks. Now on to leveling BS back up to level 225:)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I think that's a good choice. It's my take that the weapon specs are simply superior to the armour specs at the moment - since they add both stats and weapon dps, while the armour specs just give stats.
Quote:I have a question regarding blacksmithing and its specializations (armorsmith/weaponsmith specs):

Pre-TBC, I had blacksmithing with armorsmith, but dumped blacksmithing about a year ago when I wanted herbalism as second gather profession (in addition to mining).

If I now dump herbalism in TBC and level up blacksmith again, would it be possible to become a weaponsmith now or am I bound to me previous armorsmith choice?

I've heard that the first choice was final and binding pre-TBC, but since you can now unlearn i.e. DS leatherworking at the trainer, it should be possible, right?

I was able to switch from armorsmithing to weaponsmithing pre-TBC by unlearning blacksmithing and just taking weaponsmithing when the opportunity came. You can't take the Mithril Order quests again, however.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I heard that the cost to respec was dependant on your character level, not BS level. Anybody know if it's possible to respec alchy or tailoring? I would think it would be harder to do that since you can't really claim that the situations have changed as a reason to switch.

I'm considering playing my axesmith warrior to 70, then respecing maces. It's the only way to get them nerfed back into line! (edit: for arenas. If you look at the armory, 98% of top teams have a MS warrior with deep thunder.)
Quote:I'm considering playing my axesmith warrior to 70, then respecing maces. It's the only way to get them nerfed back into line! (edit: for arenas. If you look at the armory, 98% of top teams have a MS warrior with deep thunder.)

Actually it's not quite so lopsided:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=91969825&sid=1
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
There's a lot of noise to signal in that analysis. The entire Catyclism BG should be thrown out for lack of participation (#5 team at 1700 points). He's sweeping up some very marginal players... for example, the number 1 team in Nightfall (my BG) he lists a protection warrior first who plays 1/8 of the total games, and the deep thunder/MS warrior who plays 87% as the #2 warrior. He's also catching people who pvp as MS but raid as protection in their tanking gear/spec. If you hurry, you can catch Absolute in "not prepared" in catyclism in his MS spec/gear (axes though) (I know I said to throw out Catyclism, but thats the first "prot" warrior I clicked on that illustrated my point).

In any event, warriors are substantially overrepresented in the top arena teams, and MS/deep thunder warriors overrepresented in that population.
Regardless of how much noise there is, the distribution is still nowhere close to 98% Thunder / Deep Thunder usage. At best it's somewhere around 50%.

If you throw out all the DW, prot, etc... you end up with approximately even amount of mace and axe users.
You are right, 98% was an exaggeration.

http://www.geekboys.org/arena/index/warrior/

90 out of the top 100 warriors are MS, only one is fury. I suspect may of the protections would respec for the arena.

In the top 16 warriors, I could get data on 10. Three are Korean, and the site woln't load for me. 2 more are protection, probably temporarily. They are blacksmiths, but not using black smith weapons. One didn't have a weapon on. Of the ten, 5 are using crafted maces, 1 the crafted sword, 1 the crafted axe, and 3 the gladiator axe.