BE Paladins and Shattrah
Quote:Metzen actually admitted that he'd forgotten parts of his own storyline.
I think it's pretty funny though that he felt he had to go so far to explain why the Draenei start out in Azeroth. :whistling:
Quote:Azshara wasn't crazy. Evil as hell, yes. Crazy? Not really.

She probably is nowadays, though. Being turned into a Naga Queen will do that for ya.

She certainly was crazy. Doesn't take much of the War of the Ancients trilogy to see how crazy.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:She certainly was crazy. Doesn't take much of the War of the Ancients trilogy to see how crazy.

Yeah, actively helping Sargeras get summoned into the Well of Eternity isn't exactly a sane act, is it?
--Mav
Quote:Yeah, actively helping Sargeras get summoned into the Well of Eternity isn't exactly a sane act, is it?
Like I said, she was evil. She wanted all the "impure" races scourged from the world. Can you think of a faster way?

Then again, the line between evil and insane is somewhat blurred.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
The only part of the WoW storyline that makes much sense to me is the quest where you deliver lunch from the Redridge inn to Guard Parker. Past that part the storyline is all pretty much all complete lunacy that is re-written into an increasingly tortured form every few months to accomodate new content. That lunch delivery quest line rocks, though.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Quote:That's a good thing? He's responsible for the Eradar/Sergaras/Pew Pew Spaceship mess.
I realize I'm coming back to this a little late, but if you don't like Metzen... well, I dunno what to tell ya. AFAIK, Warcraft is his ship and he's the one steering the story, weatherall hell or high water.

Cheers,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:The only part of the WoW storyline that makes much sense to me is the quest where you deliver lunch from the Redridge inn to Guard Parker. Past that part the storyline is all pretty much all complete lunacy that is re-written into an increasingly tortured form every few months to accomodate new content. That lunch delivery quest line rocks, though.

:w00t:I declare you the winner of this thread, sir!

You are right we are stuck with Metzen's work. He is obviously phoning it in to make a mistake of that magnitude.

Lore *could* be a part of what keeps people playing. A year from now when there is a bumper crop of newer, more technically proficient games around, it *could* help keep people playing if they want to see that one special bad guy dead (Illadin, Deathwing, Arthas) that they have been hearing about for years. If you take a giant steaming dookie all over your lore, it reduces that.